[Game] Kings @ Pacers - Tuesday, Oct. 31 - 4 PT

dude12

Hall of Famer
The fact that I'm mulling preferring Papa get minutes over Willie is such a huge disappointment. At least Papa plays with a motor, sets good screens and being 7-2 big dude who makes himself a target.
Huge disappointment in WCS? Papa is a young kid who I think has some upside to be solid in things. I'd like to see him play more at some point. He works his ass off. WCS....just doesn't bring it enough....hard to like his game. No one could ever argue that Boogie didnt bring it most of the time. Koufos plays hard, Papa plays hard, Cooley, Sampson. WCS? Flip a coin on which guy shows up.....I just can't see him as the guy going forward but like someone said in the thread earlier, he was drafted as a complement to Boogie. Now there is no Boogie. It's a problem.

You remind me of a certain other forum member........almost word for word the same stuff every post. There is nothing wrong with the stuff we are running, guys not making shots is the problem.
Running high post offense and isolation post ups on a team with upside guards is moronic.

We are literally running the same thing Joerger has run his entire tenure as an NBA coach but instead of Cousins it's a washed up Zbo. It's not good basketball or development. It doesn't even give us a chance to compete or grow.

Koufos is a stalwart on defense out there. Of course he's going to look like he sucks when Malachi gives him the ball 15ft out with 5 seconds on the shot clock and clears the block to let him go to work. That's not his game and he's constantly being put into ZBo's spots on the floor for some reason.

Let me just say that I can recognize how terrible the Kings are playing without being angry or thinking it's the worst thing ever. As entertainment I can't watch it, but I'm not upset with anyone nor am I ready to call for anyone to get fired. The thing about rookies and young players is that they can be talented and show flashes of greatness while still failing to understand how to play winning basketball. I am concerned about a perceived lack of effort.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Running high post offense and isolation post ups on a team with upside guards is moronic.

We are literally running the same thing Joerger has run his entire tenure as an NBA coach but instead of Cousins it's a washed up Zbo. It's not good basketball or development. It doesn't even give us a chance to compete or grow.
Didnt we just put up 70ish in the first half against NO?

dude12

Hall of Famer
Sample size? Was that under Joerger offense, or was that due to transition and not Joerger's offense.
And your sample size is? How about we let these guys play together for a while or not.....pretty sure you have made your feelings known....over and over. Or not.

And did Joerger win in those seasons?
He had the right personnel there run things that way. You know he's doing 2/3rds of what EVERYONE got on George Karl's case for doing. The only thing that's missing is being a jackass and alienating your young/star players, as I'm pretty sure his teams will play hard and like him regardless. But the square-peg, round hole style of play and overreliance on vets/his favorites is exactly the same.

He had the right personnel there run things that way. You know he's doing 2/3rds of what EVERYONE got on George Karl's case for doing. The only thing that's missing is being a jackass and alienating your young/star players, as I'm pretty sure his teams will play hard and like him regardless. But the square-peg, round hole style of play and overreliance on vets/his favorites is exactly the same.
Yeah you CAN'T run an offense designed for Marc Gasol/Zbo inside clutter for a team of young guards and wings.. this is in large why he got canned after trying to keep that Gasol/Zbo pound the paint, high post offense after Zbo started declining and it stopped working. Speaking of alienating, that's exactly what that offense does to wing/guard players...they are constantly stuck in the mindset of having to dump it inside first and slow it down...never getting into any rythym.

Wait....because he didnt get back to the WCF finals, he's not good enough. That's your argument? The guy wins. Right?
No, you guys are trying to talk him up because he 'made the playoffs' with the Grizzlies, like that is some accomplishment to go off of. You'd have to try to not make the playoffs with a core that just made it to the WCF the year prior.

The guy runs his vets into the ground to get wins with the Grizz, Marc and Conley burned out every year come playoff time.

dude12

Hall of Famer
No, you guys are trying to talk him up because he 'made the playoffs' with the Grizzlies, like that is some accomplishment to go off of. You'd have to try to not make the playoffs with a core that just made it to the WCF the year prior.

The guy runs his vets into the ground to get wins with the Grizz, Marc and Conley burned out every year come playoff time.
Or......the guy wins.