Kenny Thomas- K-9
Bobby Jackson- BJax
Maurice Evans- Mo, Mo Money, Hi 5
Kevin Martin- K Mart
Greg Ostertag- O-Tag
Eddie House= ?
Brian Skinner- ?
Erik Daniels- ?

Do we have the most nicknames for our players in the NBA or what?

Last edited:
DocHolliday said:
Mike Bibby- Bibbinator, Bibbalicious
Cuttino Mobley- The Cat
Peja Stojakovic- Stay Puffed?? *Marshmallow Man lol j/k*
Darius Songaila- Neptune
Brad Miller- B-rad *Malibu's most wanted :D*
Corliss Williamson- Big Nasty
Kenny Thomas- K-9
Bobby Jackson- BJax
Kevin Martin- K Mart
Greg Ostertag- O-Tag
Brian Skinner- ?
Erik Daniels- ?
mike bibby needs a new nickname. it crushes me every time jerry calls him the "bibbinator" or "bibbilicious." really cheesy and really lame, imo. he deserves better than that. how bout "mr. clutch," or something respectable along those lines.

DocHolliday said:
Mike Bibby- Bibbinator, Bibbalicious
Cuttino Mobley- The Cat
Peja Stojakovic- Stay Puffed?? *Marshmallow Man lol j/k*
Darius Songaila- Neptune
Brad Miller- B-rad *Malibu's most wanted :D*
Corliss Williamson- Big Nasty
Kenny Thomas- K-9
Bobby Jackson- BJax
Kevin Martin- K Mart
Greg Ostertag- O-Tag
Brian Skinner- ?
Erik Daniels- ?

Do we have the most nicknames for our players in the NBA or what?
Predrag Stojakovic - Peja

bojan_pecanac said:
Predrag Stojakovic - Peja
wouldnt that be considered shorthand, and not a nickname? my name's matthew, and people call me matt. "matt" is not my nickname, tho. ya know what i mean?

Padrino said:
wouldnt that be considered shorthand, and not a nickname? my name's matthew, and people call me matt. "matt" is not my nickname, tho. ya know what i mean?
True, then Peja doesn't really have a nickname. Maybe tightjeans.

bojan_pecanac said:
True, then Peja doesn't really have a nickname. Maybe tightjeans.
i have no idea what "tightjeans" is supposed to mean in reference to peja, but its funny as hell either way. i dig it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Padrino said:
i have no idea what "tightjeans" is supposed to mean in reference to peja, but its funny as hell either way. i dig it.
Peja is every bit as adequate a nickname as a lot of great players get -- always a sign of respect when you are known just by your first name (of course also just a sign that your is unique in the league).

BTW "tightjeans" is a nick that I think Webb + Bobby coined for him because of hs Euro-fashion sense (i.e. tight 80'sesque jeans rather than baggy fall-off-your-*** varieties).

hehe, tightjeans is funny.

Whether it be that I lack creativity, or that I'm insane, I call Peja-Stoyacajock, and Ostertag-Ostrich Head, cause he kinda looks like one.

I hate the Bibby ones too, I heard someone call him Bibster once a while back.

I like B52 Bomber for Brad. That's a good one.

I agree that Bibby needs a new nickname I just can't think of any that is good enough. I hate the bibsters and the bibbylicious ones as well. We need something like Balsy Bibby or Makem Mike. See, I told you I was bad at this.

Isn't Kenyon Martin already K-Mart? I would hate to see Kevin Martin with the same name.

Why is Darius Neptune?

Eddie House-House Party-Like they're having a house party?

Please don't throw any rotten tomatoes...

S

sashaXJR

Padrino said:
SEE, BACK HOME IN SERBIA, "PEJA" IS CONSIDERED A NICKNAME.....MY NAME IS ALEXANDER BUT EVERYONE CALLS ME SASHA.....AND YOUR "SHORTHAND" DOES MAKE SENSE..!!!!!111

Any of the names that Jerry Reynolds has come up with should automatically be banned. Maybe some old people, really old people like the white haired keebler elf. He is funny, but his nicknames really stink it up.

i just love hearing Jerry say is nicknames for the guys...cuz you can tell he's so damn proud of those nicknames....i laugh out loud each time i hear him say High-5 or my personal fave Bibblicious

Neptune.

Neptune was the first planet discovered by a "deliberate search." Its position was predicted in 1845 by John Couch Adams, a 24-year-old recent graduate of Cambridge University, who based his prediction on perturbations observed in the orbit of Uranus. Adams submitted his calculations to George Airy, the Astronomer Royal of Great Britain, but Airy was not persuaded by Adams’ argument and did not immediately undertake a search for the new planet.

-We call Darius Neptune because you almost miss him when he's playing cuz he's so subtle, but his play usually has a big effect on the game. In the 1800's they thought Neptune was there(could see it's effects) but had to actively search for it to find it and prove it existed. It's kind of a weird nickname but it just stuck... BTW I nominate "Uranus" for Grant's new nickname.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I've heard Bibby called "the Assassin" before for his "killer" 3's late in the game. Not bad, if you ask me....

Warhawk said:
I've heard Bibby called "the Assassin" before for his "killer" 3's late in the game. Not bad, if you ask me....
I may be mistaken but I think Jerry Reynolds calls him that in addition to all that other stuff he says.

LOL Love the Grant nick.

I just like calling Mike Bibby "Bibby".. I don't think he needs a nickname because his last name is unique.. I like The Assasin for him as well, but Reynolds calls him Bibbinator which is kinda dumb.

Brad is b-52 (no bomber after that.. b-52 is good enough)

I like The Cat, High-5, Peja, K-9, Big Nasty, and how about "skinny boy" for skinner.. (kinda a rip off from the simpsons, and principal skinner)..

I always thought Ostertag was "osterfat"? lol

Last edited:
sometimes (to myself) i call Mike Boo Boo....cuz doesn't he just remind you of Boo Boo from that cartoon with Yogi Bear in it...what was the actual name of the cartoon...? its killin me i can't figure it out..