Kings Nicknames (merged)

i have a bunch of nicknames for the kings

i'm with reina, i like the ICE ICE bibby. with the do do do do do do :D
cuttino is cat in fact i rarely call him cuttino. mostly cat. or meow
daruis is d-song
brad the b 52 bomber
peja is hottie patottie ( what can i say, he's a hottie with that HOT stroke! :D)

kevin martin is special K, but that was already his nickname from what i heard.

i like k 9 for kenny. and i LOVE nasty.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Team Dime is the name given to the friends and family of Bibby. It never has actually referred to anyone on the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bibby's nickname was Dime, as in assist. The friends and family around him are, therefore, TEAM DIME. The nickname DIME has never, to my knowledge, referred to Bibby since he's been at Sacramento. It was obviously given to him prior to his arrival here, and the name for his "posse" simply carried over.

TEAM DIME has never been used to refer to the Kings. I stand by my comment.

;)

yeah yeah, i know the story. a dime is a assist, aka the price of a "call", because back in the day, calls costed 10 cents, 10 being the number yadda yadda

i stand by my comment too ;)

Team Dime is just the name of him and his crews' nick.

kingsfannPDX said:
i like d-song for darius songaila
I hate that nick (no reflection on you). :) . People have been trying to stick that on him since last season and it hasn't stuck. We need to come up with a new one or leave it alone. Personally, I like DAYYYYR-ee-USSSSS.:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Some players just have to wait for the PERFECT nickname to come along. I think the time will come for Darius - and when it does I believe we'll smack ourselves on the head and say, "Of course!!!"

:D

1. Mike's nickname has been "Dime" for quite some time. "Team Dime" is the name that was given to Mike's....entourage?.....posse?....I'm at a loss....by, I believe, Sharif Abdur-Rahim when they both played in Vancouver, and it stuck.

2. When your last name is Bibby, do you really need a nickname? Its already so fun to say.

3. I have been known to give Mike many nicknames over the years for various reasons -- Skippy, Blinky, MiniMe, Li'l Michael Bibby, Laughy Boy, Big Mouth, Yelly (I think after he got a tech), Mister Big-Time Shot Blocker, Manicure, Clipper, Fuzzy (for the headband remnants that are always there during post-game interviews), and on and on. Feel free to use any that you like.

F

Fillmoe

what was it that shaq used to call mike bibby? cub scout or something? that should be mikes nickname. LOL

Kmart for kevin martin is a ripoff, because thats kenyon martins nickname. to be honest i think nicknames are wack :(

Bibby- Iceman, Dime
Songaila- The Big Lithium, Dsong
Predrag- Peja
Brad- B52
Bobby- BJax
Kevin Martin- Special K
Mobely- Cat
Maurice Evans- Mo, High Five
Coliss- Big Nasty
Ostertag- Otag, Tag
Kenny Thomas- K9
Brian Skinner- SkinDog ?

GoGoGadget said:
1. Mike's nickname has been "Dime" for quite some time. "Team Dime" is the name that was given to Mike's....entourage?.....posse?....I'm at a loss....by, I believe, Sharif Abdur-Rahim when they both played in Vancouver, and it stuck.
i rest my case VF ;)

I seriously like Pharaoh or Principal Skinner for Brian. Plus, if he keeps blocking shots then maybe Gary G could shout "And Skinner sends that one back to the principals office!"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
sactownsfinest said:
i rest my case VF ;)
I simply fail to see that we're on opposite sides. Someone asked what happened to Team Dime. I responded that the name "TEAM DIME" was in reference to Bibby's posse/family/friends, and that the name "TEAM DIME" was NOT ever associated as a nickname for the Kings, which is what I thought the person asking the question was referring to.

You brought up the origin of the nickname DIME which has been associated with MIKE.

I guess I'm just old and senile, but I don't see why you keep acting as though you're correcting me because my comments are - as far as I can see - completely correct.

And, for the record, I have never heard Mike referred to as DIME while he's been a Sacramento King. (I'm talking about actual references such as Grant, Jerry, Gary Gerould, the PA announcer at Arco, etc.)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
GoGoGadget said:
Oh yeah, forgot to throw in that Mo's nickname is (should be) Shark Bite.

I like it, and I refuse to give it up.
It was because of the shape of the scar, right?

I remember when you used it the first time, I believe. I agree it has a certain ring to it.

:D

It's too bad Bibby's number isn't 80-- then we could call him M-80. That would be great. But since it's not, how about CrabHammer . Because when the man drops the hammer on folks, we all know what comes next...the CRAB WALK BABY....THE CRAB WALK. :cool:

Okay....Am I the only one who thinks that "Crabhammer" sounds like some really scary STD!! :D

Last edited:
EmKingsFan4 said:
Okay....Am I the only one who thinks that "Crabhammer" sounds like some really scary STD!! :D

lmao!!!

Peja = Softserve
Bibby = Kermit is an old one.
Erik Daniels = Towel Boy #2
Brad = JSD for Just Shoot Dammit
Eddie House = I was thinking "Ewww" or "PGNNH" for "Please God No Not Him!"

remember when the kings were making these "comic-ish" stories to get the people to vote for allstars. mike was "DIME-nsion." and i have seen mike called "dime" at the inside dish. dime's actually not bad. i like it. my YM username is (mynickname)_dime :)

well, here's my list. this is what i call them from time to time:

mike -- michael (if he does something bad), bibby, bibster, and..... don't laugh..... "mi amor" (if i'm totally happy with his performance) LOL --when i learned that in my spanish class, it stuck to me. ::insert embarassed emoticon here:: pretty soon, i'll be calling him "dime," too.

cuttino --cat
evans --mo
darius --d-song

the others, i basically call them by their names or sirnames.

i also read the peja = TJ or "tightjeans" in his interview in "Fork It" magazine.

BTW, i love the grant nickname! LOL :D

Last edited:
LMM said:
remember when the kings were making these "comic-ish" stories to get the people to vote for allstars. mike was "DIME-nsion." and i have seen mike called "dime" at the inside dish. dime's actually not bad. i like it. my YM username is (mynickname)_dime :)

well, here's my list. this is what i call them from time to time:

mike -- michael (if he does something bad), bibby, bibster, and..... don't laugh..... "mi amor" (if i'm totally happy with his performance) LOL --when i learned that in my spanish class, it stuck to me. ::insert embarassed emoticon here:: pretty soon, i'll be calling him "dime," too.
I guess I'm so used to Mike that I occasionally forget his name is Michael. Sounds funny to me when people randomnly throw Michael into a sentence.

I just call him either "Mike" or "Bibby", and if it's a really good play "Mike Bibby!"

Never really thought to call him anything else.

I know I started calling Darius "D-Song" because in the beginning I couldn't say Songaila.

So the revised list

MikeBibby- Iceman or Ice Ice Bibby, Dime, and yes Kermit cause that's what he sounds like.
Cuttino Mobley- Cat, or The cat.
Songaila- D-Song, and Neptune.
Peja Stojakovic- Peja, Tight Jeans, or Soft Serve lol.
Brad Miller- B-52, and I'll always use B-rad.
Eddie House- ?
Bobby Jackson- Bjax.
Corliss Williamson- Dirty Nasty.
Kenny Thomas- K9
Maruice Evans- Mo Money, Hi 5, or Shark Bite.
Brian Skinner- Principle Skinner or Pharaoh.
Kevin Martin- Special K.
Greg Ostertag- OTag.
Erik Daniels- Towel Boy lol.

So, like I said. Do we have the most nicknames for the players on our team in the NBA or what?

Remember on SNL ....

Bricklayer said:
BTW "tightjeans" is a nick that I think Webb + Bobby coined for him because of hs Euro-fashion sense (i.e. tight 80'sesque jeans rather than baggy fall-off-your-*** varieties).
Those CLASSIC bits of Steve Martin and Dan Akyroyd doing "TWO WILD and CRAZY GUYS FROM CZECHOSLOVAKIA" ????

Always boasting about THEIR BULGES in THEIR TIGHT JEANS !!!

CLASSIC ... I tell ya ... CLASSIC

DocHolliday said:
So the revised list

MikeBibby- Iceman or Ice Ice Bibby, Dime, and yes Kermit cause that's what he sounds like.
Cuttino Mobley- Cat, or The cat.
Songaila- D-Song, and Neptune.
Peja Stojakovic- Peja, Tight Jeans, or Soft Serve lol.
Brad Miller- B-52, and I'll always use B-rad.
Eddie House- ?
Bobby Jackson- Bjax.
Corliss Williamson- Dirty Nasty.
Kenny Thomas- K9
Maruice Evans- Mo Money, Hi 5, or Shark Bite.
Brian Skinner- Principle Skinner or Pharaoh.
Kevin Martin- Special K.
Greg Ostertag- OTag.
Erik Daniels- Towel Boy lol.

So, like I said. Do we have the most nicknames for the players on our team in the NBA or what?
Corliss is The Big Nasty, which was his nick in college, carried over into the NBA, even though by NBA standards, he isn't big for his position;)