[Game] Kings @ Nets, 3/16/2023, 4:30p PST/7:30p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
But hasn't Vivek redeemed himself by hiring Monte and Mike and staying out of the way? I mean, I was a DMC supporter, but the years have shown that he wasn't faultless in the whole thing.
Man, don't ask me to speak for @Bricklayer. All I can tell you is what he said the last time he spoke about the issue on record, which is that he wouldn't even consider coming back until/unless three people were gone. Two of them are, in fact, gone. Ranadivé is still here. Whether or not he's redeemed himself in Brick's eyes? I can't call it, dude; I don't know what his personal criteria for redemption is.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I may not have had much in common with Brick, but the one thing I surely did is my affinity for the old school back-to-the-basket post up game. And running the offense through a skilled BIG. Specifically a tough as nails, physical, 2-way BIG. Olajuwon was probably my favorite to watch. While he wasn't a center, I always appreciated Charles Barkley's post game and rebounding skill set -- especially for a guy playing PF at like 6'6" and DOMINATING much taller dudes.
I could be wrong but anyone old enough to remember or have attended opening night #1 probably feels that way.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Man, don't ask me to speak for @Bricklayer. All I can tell you is what he said the last time he spoke about the issue on record, which is that he wouldn't even consider coming back until/unless three people were gone. Two of them are, in fact, gone. Ranadivé is still here. Whether or not he's redeemed himself in Brick's eyes? I can't call it, dude; I don't know what his personal criteria for redemption is.
I can't speak for anyone but if Coach Brown goes on to have a 7-8 year run here then the only difference between Vivek and the Maloofs will be the order in which they had their success and their rock bottoms. And should Vivek keep the team beyond that, I think it bodes well for the franchise not to have a bunch of goofballs think they have the secret ingredient for lightning in a bottle because they bought a team at exactly the precise moment they got hot.

But I do understand some people will never forgive because of those early failures.

Meh. Add me to the “I don’t really care camp.” I really liked his posts and thought he added a lot, but he left and I moved on. Not sure why we need so much ink on figuring out if a fan who doesn’t want to be here will come back, and if he can get over his feelings with Vivek.

And Slim, that isn’t directed at you. I know you are just answering questions. I just find the whole discussion on this topic to be absurd. We are having our best season in a generation, and people are worried about whether a fan who can come back at ANY time will come back to a chat board.

Thing is, it's not as if they've overachieved to the point of hitting some sort of proverbial ceiling, either. They actually could have a much better record than they do, as crazy as that may seem to some.

We all know about the 0-4 start and also the 2 minute report games. But even taking those out of the equation, there have been more than a few games they really shouldn't have lost or that took the opponent getting other worldly hot in order to beat them.
Facts! I can not wait to take on Minnesota again, in particular.

I think Vivek redeemed himself and even a few years ago I think he was showing he had learned some.

I miss Brick the insightful poster but I don't miss the way he treated some posters around here, and I think after skipping out on 4 or 5 of the most miserable years this franchise has ever had to endure he's lost the right to act like that, which I think is why we won't see him under that moniker.

I hope its not out of line to say that. I genuinely like the dude. Just the "carry a big stick" persona was something that seemed reasonable from someone who was a day one fan and carrying season tickets despite living 3000 miles away from the arena. But if you skipped out on the entirety of Luka vs. Bagley and the Luke Walton years, you don't get a front seat in the bandwagon.
You are 100% accurate. Would love the dude back. But his best should be s LOT smaller. Brick was an absolute beast poster but his absence begets his arrogance. Would love him back. But he abandoned the ship so a bit of humility would be in order.

Well its certainly the biggest obstacle is still in the way for his triumphant return....doesn't it seem really silly for him to stand on principle and miss the best this franchise has to offer?

I think I remember his principle being trading DeMarcus. He seemed VERY tied to Cousins career. He followed him to NOP if I remember correctly.

Tried to ingratiate himself there, ended up as Winsome Gerbil on the realgm board, and just fizzled out.

Pretty sure he is done.

You are 100% accurate. Would love the dude back. But his best should be s LOT smaller. Brick was an absolute beast poster but his absence begets his arrogance. Would love him back. But he abandoned the ship so a bit of humility would be in order.
I had an old account here attached to an email I don't have anymore, so I had to make a new acct a year or two ago (other acct had been inactive for about 6 years). I was never was a fan of his. There are a couple others as well who were really rude for no reason but I won't name names. Neither of them are here anymore.

But how bout those Kings!

I was watching their stream.Nets announcers are totally in love with Sabonis, pretty complimentary to Kessler and very well aware how clutch Foxy is.One minute into the 4th quarter they started raving what a menace DF has been as a closer this season. Once Brooklyn got close in the middle of the quarter announcers kept saying that it's Fox-time.I think our boy is getting proper recognition for his clutch time escapades

The media keeps repeating on and on that Warriors, Lakers, Clippers records are not what they are because it would/should/could and a bunch of other excuses be better.
But nobody mentions that Kings are 21 and 9 in their last 30 games after somewhat of an adjustment period to revamped roster and new head coach.Maybe Kings record is not what it is and could be a lot better

Facts! I can not wait to take on Minnesota again, in particular.
That was one I certainly had in mind. Still peeved that they dropped that one.

Actually, in both games the KINGS have lost since the break, it took phenomenal shooting performances to beat them.

The Wolves shot 60% for the game and dropped 20 three's at a 51.3% clip, while the Bucks shot 58.1% overall and made 15 three's at a 45.5% clip.

Now, the KINGS defense had something to do with it, especially leaving the corners open against MIN, but still. If it takes those kinds of team shooting performances to beat the KINGS, I like their chances most nights.

The media keeps repeating on and on that Warriors, Lakers, Clippers records are not what they are because it would/should/could and a bunch of other excuses be better.
But nobody mentions that Kings are 21 and 9 in their last 30 games after somewhat of an adjustment period to revamped roster and new head coach.Maybe Kings record is not what it is and could be a lot better
The media wants the LAL in the playoffs so badly it is beyond irritating.

If they somehow end up missing the play-in, or lose the play-in, I'm gonna be having some fun in the aftermath by roasting many of these media folks on social media.

Liking or disliking Brick is a matter of taste I suppose…his contribution to the board though feels harder to shrug off. I miss those grades threads something fierce.
Open arms. Thta content in particular would be most welcome.

And I hope all Kings fans on this board are heathy and well. Start exercising now - because the ride come playoff time will not be for the weak of heart.

I can't speak for anyone but if Coach Brown goes on to have a 7-8 year run here then the only difference between Vivek and the Maloofs will be the order in which they had their success and their rock bottoms..
That wouldn’t be the ONLY difference. Vivek would have to make some significant attempts in the coming years to move the team in the middle of the night, while only pretending to be interested in renovating or building a new arena.

That, and also the fact that Vivek actually got something done and built here in SAC. So there’s that, too.

Oh, and lastly, I don’t believe Vivek has an annoying whiny suck bag brother named “George” that nobody ever saw or knew about previously.

That wouldn’t be the ONLY difference. Vivek would have to make some significant attempts in the coming years to move the team in the middle of the night, while only pretending to be interested in renovating or building a new arena.

That, and also the fact that Vivek actually got something done and built here in SAC. So there’s that, too.

Oh, and lastly, I don’t believe Vivek has an annoying whiny suck bag brother named “George” that nobody ever saw or knew about previously.
George Jr destroyed his father's legacy. He is the ultimate of douches.

Kessler covered everyone. Easily the best switching defender on the team.
He's got excellent defensive IQ. I think there's still some rust with not really knowing the Kings lingo and playbook all the way yet, but I really like how aggressive and decisive he is with his rotations on D. And he's probably one of the better iso defenders on the team too, behind Davion. I also look at the spots Brown puts him in too; essentially taking the toughest wing assignments. That's a lot of trust from a coach who needs you to earn it

If he can keep hitting open shots on offense, it's really looking like we stole a good defensive prospect for nothing

This team is surprisingly AMAZING.

The poster I really miss this season is VF21. She deserved this more than anyone else (no disrespect to all die hard fans on this forum!).
There are many die-hard fans of Kings now.

While she was here, there was only ONE die-hard fan of the Kings.

He's got excellent defensive IQ. I think there's still some rust with not really knowing the Kings lingo and playbook all the way yet, but I really like how aggressive and decisive he is with his rotations on D. And he's probably one of the better iso defenders on the team too, behind Davion. I also look at the spots Brown puts him in too; essentially taking the toughest wing assignments. That's a lot of trust from a coach who needs you to earn it

If he can keep hitting open shots on offense, it's really looking like we stole a good defensive prospect for nothing
He's intriguing for sure. I don't think he's even close to a sure thing a this point but he's obviously earned the trust of Mike Brown on the defensive end very quickly. He's taken nearly all of TD's minutes and a bunch of Keegan's minutes as of late as well. He defends a lot like Okpala without the fouling.

His ability to stay in the big leagues is going to be fully dependent on his shot. So far in his career it seems inconsistent across the board. Whether he's in the NBA or G League. It's all a small sample size so it's just going to take time to figure out what he's got.

He had a poor shooting night a couple nights before but half of his missed 3s were of the in and out variety so it's not like he's just clanking them badly and getting lucky once in a while. There could be something there.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Wasn't George the one that was ultimately Sacramento friendly and tried to convince Joe and Gavin they were doing us dirty?

I agree with everything you said of course, I just think that at least until the time they were trying to move the team they were considered good owners around the league, and even beyond that they seemed to garner some sympathy in NBA circles while blame was thrown at Sacramento. Only when Sacramento stepped up did people take notice really, and perhaps because the Maloofs rebuked any and all attempt to sell to local ownership groups and had to be forced to do so, is when they were finally seen around the league for who they really are.

And yet for some reason the NHL allowed them in as minority owners with a significant share of the Knights.

Needs a bit more time playing with DS to expect his passes coming his way even when it seems like there is no passing lane.He fumbled a few in the last couple games.

Status
Not open for further replies.