[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - Sunday, Dec. 16 - 4 PT/7ET

I had a peek at a Mavs forum (their subreddit to be exact) to see their reactions. I actually found their fans to be pretty damn reasonable in comparison to other teams. Here's some tidbits people may find interesting:

holy hell Fox looks like a completely different player compared to last season. Playing with so much confidence. Haven't seen a lot of the Kings this season but they looked impressive today.
Bjeica being able to recover on his drives and block him on quite a few occasions was surprising.

Defensively we just couldn't handle their guards and their quickness. Their tempo on offense if crazy. Constantly pushing the ball.
Those Bjelica blocks were great plays, he’s good. I second your thoughts on Fox, he looks incredible.
Kings are good, I like them and de'aaron.
Sacramento was a clearly the better and the more mature team, especially in the crunch time. We lost to a good team
mavs lost all games since Dirk started 'playing'.
It’s only right the Kings finally get a decent team after rebuilding for a decade.
FOX is amazing, I'm seeing him first time.
Fox and Hield is a deadly duo, maybe better than Lillard/McCollum soon if not already.

Prepare for playoffs folks!!!
I’m not sure they will make it this year, but they will absolutely be in the hunt. There have been many games that I have been pumped and pleasantly surprised, but I think this is the first game, after a crushing loss on Friday, that I came away convinced we are actually a really good team and that this is sustainable. I feel myself now moving from a feeling of “sweet, we are a fun team and surprising people’ to “we are actually one of the better teams in the league”

Kudos definitely goes to Bjelica in this game, and the last one, for that matter. Not only is Bjelica stepping up on offense, he's really stepping it up on the defensive end. He may not be the most athletic guy, but he's giving it everything he's got on the defensive end, and he's getting blocks, stops, and key rebounds because of it. If we don't have Bjelica in this game, we absolutely do not win this game, imo.
Bjelica holds his own vs size in the paint. he has trouble with quicker more agile 4s that can shoot the 3. But that's why you put WCS/Bagley on those guys. When we play Griz again, I would like to see how it looks if Bjelica is defending Gasol (can shoot 3 but not quick) and WCS check JJJ.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Conley has played well consistently for a long time. Fox is still just having his breakout season. Put another way, I would be happy if Fox played to Conley's level over a long time.
You aren't going to be happy then. Fox is going to be considerably better than Conley. At age 20, Fox is close to where Conley was in his prime. It took Conley several years to start to really play well.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bjelica holds his own vs size in the paint. he has trouble with quicker more agile 4s that can shoot the 3. But that's why you put WCS/Bagley on those guys. When we play Griz again, I would like to see how it looks if Bjelica is defending Gasol (can shoot 3 but not quick) and WCS check JJJ.
I totally agree. I'd like to see him play more at the center position. Another great benefit with Bjelica being able to defend the center is that he can spread the floor for Fox and Co. on offense because of his 3 point shooting threat.

If we do make it and somehow avoid the warriors In round 1, it’s anyone’s series.

Think about that for a second
I'm not saying we beat them, they very well could smoke us, but I'm confident with our team no matter who we play. We beat the Warriors twice last year and they barely got by us both games this year. Playoff basketball is another animal in itself, but I think we are a tough team to play for any team out there.

Personally, I think the Kings could beat GSW in a series. ;)
It's fair to start looking at what it takes to make the playoffs I think. It's more than a 3rd of the way in.

The schedule for Dallas is absolutely BRUTAL coming up. I'm hoping they get knocked out of contention during this stretch. Less teams to battle with. Spurs aren't done yet. Not sure what to think of the Pelicans.

It's fair to start looking at what it takes to make the playoffs I think. It's more than a 3rd of the way in.

The schedule for Dallas is absolutely BRUTAL coming up. I'm hoping they get knocked out of contention during this stretch. Less teams to battle with. Spurs aren't done yet. Not sure what to think of the Pelicans.
Can see Houston getting back in contention too.

You know what blew my mind....if the ball had bounced our way in each of our games against GS this year (which I think most would say we blew each game) our record would be 18-11 and the Warriors 18-12 o_O

It makes sense until you realize Curry and Green missed about 10 games each. I don’t think the records would be that close.