[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - Sunday, Dec. 16 - 4 PT/7ET

Buddy/Bogdan starting, playing major minutes, and being staggered so the bench still isn’t without one for long. What I’ve wanted. Blessing Iman injured for a stint?

WCS servicable in the paint? Jordan with 23 rebounds. Layups. By the end of the year, servicable in the paint

To think I actually had to argue with some of y’all this summer and even early in the season that Buddy was the truth, as y’all thought he was a weak sixth man
Just saw this post and I want to clear the air. I never saw him as a weak sixth man. I saw him as an incredible sixth man. Glad to see him performing so well as a starter though - I like the rotation the way it is.

Playoff Possibility is real. Kings are consistently in every game. The trade deadline will be interesting for most teams in the West. So much Parity. No one can really separate. Kings need to put together a solid winning streak. 6-7 games in row.

I like Bagley. But, Luka is generational. I don’t want to hear about comparisons to Bagley. Per 36, Minutes played, and Luka played in Europe. That’s straight garbage.

The Kid is 19! Next level.

Can you fathom Luka and Fox together.
Free agents would love to make Sac their new home. In addition, a top flight free agent would make the Kings a championship contender within 2’years.

Someone really, really messed up!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Playoff Possibility is real. Kings are consistently in every game. The trade deadline will be interesting for most teams in the West. So much Parity. No one can really separate. Kings need to put together a solid winning streak. 6-7 games in row.

I like Bagley. But, Luka is generational. I don’t want to hear about comparisons to Bagley. Per 36, Minutes played, and Luka played in Europe. That’s straight garbage.

Free agents would love to make Sac their new home. In addition, a top flight free agent would make the Kings a championship contender within 2’years.

you really really sleeping on Bagley, shame on you

Let's see how it works out. Something tells me it won't be all you think it will. Can DMC stay on the floor at the pace the Kings run?
Cuz is the man!

Ok, he’s going to be a bust in a juggernaut.
I definitely see that happening. Not.

He’s playing on a 1 year deal, he played like a monster in NO before getting injured last year.

He’s gettting that ring this year. I would bet my rental properties on it.

I can’t stand the Dubs.
But, at full strength with that lineup.
Livingston, Iggy back.
Not taking into account what they will do at the deadline. It’s theirs to lose.

To think I actually had to argue with some of y’all this summer and even early in the season that Buddy was the truth, as y’all thought he was a weak sixth man
Well to be honest we have had to argue with you that the team was for Fox and not Luka which is why we drafted Bagley who you seem to have had it out for. So there is that.

Last edited:
Agree.. Fox has defense and can score from anywhere, which imo, is better than Mitchell at this point in their careers. Fox can do a LOT more defensively by a lot. He's a talented player, and I am very glad that I was wrong when saying I wanted to trade him on a draft day trade to get two picks and a player, or a pick and a very good player.
You cant trade a surefire all star for 1 or 2 "what if's". I applaud your selection of crow good sir. Well served

you really really sleeping on Bagley, shame on you
I like Bagley. I don’t see shades of Olajuwon,
Webber, Gasol, Ewing. I also don’t see shades of the new school of Elite 5s: Davis, Cousins, KAT, Embiid.

Luka has Magic Johnson, Bird, Kobe comparisons.
His IQ is off the charts.

Bagley could become a multiple All Star.
That’s great! I am just stating what I see from watching both very closely this year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Webber, Gasol, Ewing. I also don’t see shades of the new school of Elite 5s: Davis, Cousins, KAT, Embiid.

That’s great! I am just stating what I see from watching both very closely this year.

a career trajectory isn't made in a rookie season. just ask Tyreke. How did Giannis fair in his rookie season?

I'm not taking anything away from Luka but to say he is generational is a bit premature. We all have our opinions but some of the plays Bagley makes out there leaves my jaw dropping.

Luka is a ballhog. I was underwhelmed in the amount of usage he had tonight when in the floor. There would be no coexisting between him and Fox. It would NOT work, especially with Bogie and his unselfish self in the court. It would be a recipe for disaster and Buddy would be the main player missing out. Mavs can have Doncic. He needs the ball way too much with spot up shooters to surround him. Doncic and Fox on the same team would be a disaster, and I would personally rather have Fox as he is the better 2 way player than Doncic. Fox actually slowed Doncic to a crawl. A PG slowed a point forward to a crawl. And it didnt impact Fox whatsoever on the offensive end. Fox literally expanded crazy energy in the SECOND HALF of the game on the other teams BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER and damn near shut him down yet carried his own team on the offensive end to the victory. Yeah. Give me Fox all day and twice on this Sunday.

Mavs need another fan bud. Dueces

Bye Felicia

Luka is a ballhog. I was underwhelmed in the amount of usage he had tonight when in the floor. There would be no coexisting between him and Fox. It would NOT work, especially with Bogie and his unselfish self in the court. It would be a recipe for disaster and Buddy would be the main player missing out. Mavs can have Doncic. He needs the ball way too much with spot up shooters to surround him. Doncic and Fox on the same team would be a disaster, and I would personally rather have Fox as he is the better 2 way player than Doncic. Fox actually slowed Doncic to a crawl. A PG slowed a point forward to a crawl. And it didnt impact Fox whatsoever on the offensive end. Fox literally expanded crazy energy in the SECOND HALF of the game on the other teams BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER and damn near shut him down yet carried his own team on the offensive end to the victory. Yeah. Give me Fox all day and twice on this Sunday.

Mavs need another fan bud. Dueces
Well that is just wrong though. Mavs starting AND backup point guards were out today due to injuries.

Well that is just wrong though. Mavs starting AND backup point guards were out today due to injuries.

Wow. Are you serious? Dallas’s starting backcourt was injured. Who does Dallas have besides Harrison Barnes? It’s not like Dallas is a cornucopia of talent.

Actually shocked they have the W-L they do.

Kings have more talent top to bottom then Dallas. It’s not even close.

Luka is basically carrying the team.
Saying he’s a ball hog is just wrong.

If Dallas somehow gets in the playoffs, it will Luka with most of the Credit.

You aren't going to be happy then. Fox is going to be considerably better than Conley. At age 20, Fox is close to where Conley was in his prime. It took Conley several years to start to really play well.
Why would I not be happy if Fox plays better than Conley? It's a benchmark comparison - Conley's played 12 seasons and averaged respectable and consistent numbers. BTW, I don't have a crystal ball, and neither do you. It takes some genuine luck to remain injury free in the NBA especially at the rate Fox pushes things. That''s not saying I hope he's injured, just that basketball is a very injury-prone sport.

Dallas actually has some serious roster construction issues I’d be concerned about if I was a Mavs fan. They’ve got very few young assets, and they traded their 2019 first rounder to move up in order to draft Luka. Harrison Barnes has always been an underachiever, Dirk’s got one foot in the retirement home, and Barea’s wheels are eventually going to fall off. Deandre Jordan is a solid piece, but he’s a good example of the Mavs being stuck between a veteran roster and a rebuild.

Dennis Smith pretty much has to discover his inner D’Aaron Fox in order for that team to have a strong outlook in the long-term. If he doesn’t, the Mavs are really going to have to bank on free agency, where they consistently strike out on acquiring big name talent. Luka might end up carrying a very mediocre squad on his back for a number of years.

kind of the same way posters on here were bagging on Fox because he couldn't shoot or run a team
I think that was a complete season.

But more to the point, Fox’s lack of shooting and, more importantly, setting up his teammates was not forward looking speculation. He did both poorly last year and those who called him out were stating fact not speculating. Luckily for all of us he has improved greatly!

Many here who are saying Luka is a generational talent over Bagley are speculating on the future. Hard to do that after 3 months in all cases.

Last edited:
Wow. Are you serious? Dallas’s starting backcourt was injured. Who does Dallas have besides Harrison Barnes? It’s not like Dallas is a cornucopia of talent.

Actually shocked they have the W-L they do.

Kings have more talent top to bottom then Dallas. It’s not even close.

Luka is basically carrying the team.
Saying he’s a ball hog is just wrong.

If Dallas somehow gets in the playoffs, it will Luka with most of the Credit.
Do they now? Weren't you the one calling for vlade's head for assembling a garbage of a team and how we can't win more than 20 games this year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think that was a complete season.

But more to the point, Fox’s lack of shooting and, more importantly, setting up his teammates was not forward looking speculation. He did both poorly last year and those who called him out were stating fact not speculating. Luckily for all of us he has improved greatly!

Many here who are saying Luka is a generational talent over Bagley are speculating on the future. Hard to do that after 3 months in all cases.
it was premature overreaction and labeling him as a player who could one day develop a jumpshot and maybe lead a team. Not you, me or anyone on here can say with any certainty how a player will fare down the road or from year to year in terms of development. What we look for are glimpses and IQ and Fox demonstrated both in a rookie season that had many downs but a good amount of flashes too. The same point I want to make here about Bagley, he's showing and producing in limited minutes that he has the IT factor. Whether he reaches that is solely on him.