Kings make offer to Iguodala

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4s
Sacramento is offering free agent Andre Iguodala a four year, approximately $56 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports.

iggy as the point-forward would be nice...would be even nicer if him an reke share ball handling duties with bmac hitting wide open threes and cus turning into a consistant 20 and 10 guy and rotating on defense and ppat bombing 18-23 ft and IT being the next bobby jackson ...ahhhhhh im going crazy.

Entity

Hall of Famer
The Pelicans can't severely backload a contract. Those severe backloads are restricted to a particular circumstance (RFA, 1 or 2 years total NBA service time) that does not apply. As such, an offer sheet whose cap hold starts at $7M can only have 4.5% raises for a total of $29.89M over a 4 year deal. That's clearly not the offer.
ok i was totally going off the initial reports yesterday. didn't realize it had be debunked.

Kings reportedly make offer to Iguodala

Sacramento is offering free agent Andre Iguodala a four year, approximately $56 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports.; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)
Here we go!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Where was this reported? Ziller did an article today debunking the argument that the Pelicans can poorly structure an offer to Reke or include a "poison pill". I'm pretty sure they can't do a 7/7/15/15 contract.
They can't do that contract. Whoever reported it was wrong.

Sacramento is offering free agent Andre Iguodala a four year, approximately $56 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Yeah, the per year isn't too bad, but that 5th year is a huge advantage for them, because his next contract won't be anywhere close. I'd imagine we'd have to come close in the total amount, something like $55 million for four years or so, to get his attention.
Hey, now, just a million off ;)

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
At 4.5% raises, that would start at about $13.1M, which is basically our full cap space, renouncing Tyreke. Well, then.

What would Tyrekes start at with say 4/48?
Jason Jones tweeted this earlier:
The cost to keepTyreke Evans from signing the Pelicans offer sheet would be at least four years, $48 million.
Not sure why we'd have to beat the offer, when we could just match?

Either way, if the Iguodala signing happens it seems like it's the end of the Evans era

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Renouncing Tyreke means Tyreke is gone. I don't see how or why he would come back after we give up our leverage.
The only way to do both (yes, it's still possible) would be to amnesty Salmons (that gets us $7.5M in cap relief) and trade MT23 to somebody while getting back only about $4M. (Alternately, any other trade that clears us about $4M...you can imagine up the possibilities. For instance IT + Outlaw for a second round pick would possibly be close enough to do both.)

So it's not impossible, and given that we clearly went to Tyreke last night with serious intentions of keeping him...I'd just say that it's too early to panic. Especially when the deal is just the right size to fit Tyreke's NO offer sheet while amnestying Salmons and trading IT/Outlaw (a decent package, just for IT). Don't fret just yet.

Entity

Hall of Famer
lets say we renounce the qualifying offer. Do we still hold bird rights as he is our free agent just not long restricted? so we could go over the cap signing him no problem.