[Game] Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers, 3/6/2024, 7:30p PT/10:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Mike found something with the three guard lineup with Keon playing the three. Basically what he has been looking for with the Duarte minutes.

That Fox-Monk-Keon-Lyles-Len lineup played some great minutes in both halves. We also saw similar version of Mitchell-Monk-Keon-Keegan-Sabonis. That one make me a bit more nervous because of the lack of firepower if Monk isn't on, but they played some great D and bought us some good Fox-less minutes.

The recipe of Keon and Monk, playing with a point guard, stretch 4, and a big, is a lot of fun. I really hope Brown comes back to that in future games.
The second is a variation of the Fox-Monk-Murray-Lyles-Len that played so well against the Bulls, only Mike Brown never went back to it in the second half, even with a nice lead.

The second is a variation of the Fox-Monk-Murray-Lyles-Len that played so well against the Bulls, only Mike Brown never went back to it in the second half, even with a nice lead.
True. A common denominator in some of these good bench lineups is Lyles at the 4 next to Domas or Len. I love the Len and Lyles minutes. I was a big advocate of Lyles at 5, especially to get Sasha minutes, but it is obvious that Lyles at the 4 is better for us than him at the 5 (with some small exceptions for certain matchups). But I think we are better with Domas or Len on the court most minutes.

I also liked the Lyles and Sasha minutes at 3 and 4 (a sort of jumbo lineup) we saw before Sasha was hurt. Hoping we might see more of that once Sasha is back.

gunks

Hall of Famer
You know, even with it being disgustingly biased 5 vs 8 officiating, I don't think I'd worry about the Lakers in the play-in or playoffs.

Fox averages like 36ppg against them and Domas is now 9-0 against AD. Just a matchup nightmare that not even the refs can contain.

Silver would need to clone Tony Brothers twice to have me worried.

Just a note on the refs. This forum has often commented on the disparity of calls against the Kings for the last two seasons. The Kings are going to have to accept the fact and play through it (as with the Laker game and other wins). The refs are not going to change calls without a myriad of successful challenges and, even then, they are the officer, judge, and jury so too often the Kings are unjustifiably SOL. Players complaining during the game in hopes of getting the next call doesn't seem to work very well either.

Players should ignore the refs and concentrate on what they can control...their own performance. Let the coaches be the squeaky wheel.

Successful challenges can significantly influence the refs perception of their own performance while unsuccessful challenges only serve to validate their performance. Challenging and losing "iffy" calls hurts the team in the long run for that reason.

The questionable reffing puts the onus on the team and the fans to react in a way that defies the actual and/or perceived disparity while upgrading performance and lessen excuses. Yes, it is an unfair burden but it must be addressed on court by improved concentration on the task at hand.
I'm of the opinion that you usually get more respect from the officials by not constantly complaining

gunks

Hall of Famer
Crazy we aren't even phased by 20 reb, 12 assist games anymore. Almost expected at this point
I'll catch myself thinking insane things when I check the box score after games

"20 boards, pretty typical. It would be neat to see him try to get 30 some time."

Then there's those hugely disappointing nights where he "only" has 15 rebs or so (generally along with another ho-hum triple double)

Status
Not open for further replies.