[Game] Kings @ Lakers - Tuesday, Jan. 9 - 7:30 PT

Can you tell me again why this is a rivalry? Two teams that have been awful for years. Kings longer, of course. The last few minutes of this game was laughable.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Lonzo beasts on Fox again.

Drat.

And yes, I realize Ball shot like ****, but dude has a real impact out there. As much as I hate to admit it.

Bogdan was our best player tonight and it wasn't even close. It was such a disappointing effort by coach's horrible rotation. Randolph and WCS got dominated everywhere.

The team is going to have some big decisions in the off-season of whom to prune off for the draft especially if landing a top 3. Joerger's PT is your first clue of who's on the chopping blocks.

Yeah, they scale back on 4 games in 5 nights to being practically non-existent and now they act like 3 games in 4 nights is some huge gauntlet.
Someone just mentioned Spurs never use such excuse. Not only that they actually revel in laying you out on your home court on back-to-back. I think they soon depart on their every season longest NBA history on the road trek (Rodeo tour) and Pop says they have learned to revel in it - bonding as a team, us against the world mentality. If Kings continue to complain they will remain wimps and losers forever.

The team is going to have some big decisions in the off-season of whom to prune off for the draft especially if landing a top 3. Joerger's PT is your first clue of who's on the chopping blocks.
If the FO and coach are of the same thinking then yes, we already have an idea who's on the trading block.

If the FO and coach aren't on the same plane then it's up to the FO to use trades to dictate who the coach plays.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Temple is a good guy, but I sure hope that by the beginning of next year there is a player on the Kings that is taking almost all of his minutes. He is and will always be a very limited offensive player. It's almost laughable seeing him try to handle the ball at times.

For their long term future, this team needs somebody other than just Fox to break down defenses. I'm not sold on Bogs being that guy; he's very skilled, but just not terribly quick and got bothered by Lakers' athleticism tonight.

This was a game where both Hield and WCS should have dominated. But, once again. Fools golds with these guys.

Fox played well early first Qtr. Then, was effectively a non factor. In regards to Fox vs Ball. Sure Fox shoots better. Ball’s court vision is sick though and a big reason the Lakers won. 12 assists and 11 rebounds for a PG. Yes, his shot form is beyond awful. But, if he can get it to 40 percent by next year, he’s going to be a good one.

Props to Bogdan. Nice consistent game on both ends. I am sure he can bring those numbers every night.

Solid game for Randle. When he gets 30 min or more, statistically, he’s a 20-10 guy. Turned over the ball a lot tonite, though with 6.

If the FO and coach are of the same thinking then yes, we already have an idea who's on the trading block.

If the FO and coach aren't on the same plane then it's up to the FO to use trades to dictate who the coach plays.
Please tell. Otherwise I can only imagine Joerger stepping into a room full of brass making his case for a randolph extension.

This was a game where both Hield and WCS should have dominated. But, once again. Fools golds with these guys.

Fox played well early first Qtr. Then, was effectively a non factor. In regards to Fox vs Ball. Sure Fox shoots better. Ball’s court vision is sick though and a big reason the Lakers won. 12 assists and 11 rebounds for a PG. Yes, his shot form is beyond awful. But, if he can get it to 40 percent by next year, he’s going to be a good one.

Props to Bogdan. Nice consistent game on both ends. I am sure he can bring those numbers every night.

Solid game for Randle. When he gets 30 min or more, statistically, he’s a 20-10 guy. Turned over the ball a lot tonite, though with 6.
I really can't trash hield. Not when he has zero chance to get his stroke really going. I started out not liking buddy too much but man, I sure would like to see him get some extended consistent minutes to see what he can really do. As of now I just don't think our players can be judged fairly because they are constantly being yanked out of the game Willy Nilly.

I can't think of a productive way to use Joerger's rotations as a metric for anything.
In basketball, especially, it always is thanks to the numbers game. Basketball aside from maybe baseball is the most numbers oriented sport out there....

Has Hill come back from pre-fatherhood to actually make his bling? Does he get paid his salary for paternity leave?

I really can't trash hield. Not when he has zero chance to get his stroke really going. I started out not liking buddy too much but man, I sure would like to see him get some extended consistent minutes to see what he can really do. As of now I just don't think our players can be judged fairly because they are constantly being yanked out of the game Willy Nilly.
Recall early on, Joerger tried the sit the veterans thing and he got "his hand burned on the stove" as the Kings got pummeled in a few games. He doesn't seem interested in retrying it either.

Not sure about that. WCS played 28 minutes and came home with 8-4? Lonzo Ball out rebounded him with 11?

Someone just mentioned Spurs never use such excuse. Not only that they actually revel in laying you out on your home court on back-to-back. I think they soon depart on their every season longest NBA history on the road trek (Rodeo tour) and Pop says they have learned to revel in it - bonding as a team, us against the world mentality. If Kings continue to complain they will remain wimps and losers forever.

To be fair the only person I heard bring it up outside fans is Grant, which doesn't count.

Recall early on, Joerger tried the sit the veterans thing and he got "his hand burned on the stove" as the Kings got pummeled in a few games. He doesn't seem interested in retrying it either.
I would settle for coach straying from what seems like his very rigid sub patterns and sticking with the hot hand. If a guy is hot, LET HIM RIDE IT OUT!!!
Does that ever happen with this team? It does if it's a vet. If one of our young guys gets hot, he will inevitably sit for too long and come back in cold as ice.