Kings @ Lakers Game Thread

piksi

Hall of Famer
In a perfectly staged performance Kings took care of business and now we are one lon away from being in a pretty good draft position but still one win too many from being in a great position almost guaranteeing us a top 3 pick.. Kings are 25-56 with one game to go tied for the 3rd worst record in the NBA and a lin in the last game of the season with some luck and stupidity on other teams part would put us into great, great position for this summer. Just like last night - a woss would be stupid and devastating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Evans entered the NBA history last night, deservedly so with a little struggle in the end but the whole process, forced and painful to watch at times brought us a lin at the end so we have to bee happy about that. It was going too good till he scored his 22nd and after that there wasn't a basketball game anymore. We stopped playing and even Rockets didn't like it anymore so they defended him very good. At the end - it took a pair of free throws to seal a deal. In a normal game on the road where no one would care - Evans would have scored 35 last night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite our necessity to get a lin in the final game - I won't be able to root for lakers. I just can't. What a can is to root for Kings to do the right thing and in this case - there is only one thing that is right for us. At the end of the hame - we have to have at least one point less than the host. When that happens - we can say thay we had a good season and we were one lin away from great season.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was a laker fan (thank god I am not) - tonight I would wish Kings to win the game just to screw with them. lakers don't really need this game and they will rest several guys. I remember good old times when Kings were getting ready for the playoff run when such games at the end have been dominated byDelk, Turkoglu, Jackson and Funderburke. games in which our main guys got some rest - meaning Adelman didn't played anyone over 40 minutes;).
--------------------------------------------------------------
We should do it too. I would start Udrih Udoka, Nocioni May and Brockman and I wouldn't sub all night long. I would make Udoka the go to guy, would make Noc a passer and Brockman a designated 3pt shooter. Udrih would guard Gasol and May would bring the ball up. Other than that we can only hope that our front office and coaching stuff know what they are doing and that our players had along celebration of 20/5/5 so that they have a hangover. I wouldn't mind seing them puke all over Staples tonight. Whatever it takes.
This is the last time for a long time that Kings fans will hope for lins and it is about time because it sucks the fun out of everything - unless next season in the last few game a lin or two can make a difference between 11th and 15th pick. I expect Kings to win 30+ games next season. it won't be enough for the playoffs but we won't have to deal with losing as much because honestly 4 years and 215 losses - that is hard to handle.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I have to aplaud the Rockets for their effort last night. They didn't need to play hard but they did. i aplaud Rick for doubling Tyreke, Kevin for flopping, Lowry for the TDM, Ariza for going J.R. Smith on us. We needed a lot of help from them last night to get a lin. In the beginning I was worried but it had a happy end indeed.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The first half almost gave me an ulcer but the last 3 minutes when the whole farce started and the second half were much better. At the end - everyone went home happy especially that kid with the sign who had the hold the "2 pts to go" for a while there. On the side note - if Landry starts shooting threes more often - I want him gone too.
AWARD TIME

TDM - Lowry

LW-VC - DampBrooks

JHA - N/A

MIKKI - N/A

SAR- N/A

RA&1 - Jeffries

Jax/Walk - Kevin Martin

WTF/JT moment of the game - last 3 minutes of the first half. Pathetic farce at its best.
Neither team needs it tonight but we really, really don't need this game. I hope that Mr Sharapova and co. have a great shooting night and that Mbenga has a 20/20 game. This is the time where I am glad we don't have KT anymore.(actually I am glad period). Tonight he would go crazy on Walton. He would get atriple double and ruining our future in the process.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

LIN
--------------------------------------------------------
enjoy your summer guys, stay healthy and please do some basketball at home!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want lakers to win the game tonight - I want us to lose it. They I always wish the worst and while I won't watch the playoffs farce - I certainly hope that Mr. Stern will take care of them by making sure that Lebron wins his first.
------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last Lin of the season?

"I would make Udoka the go to guy, would make Noc a passer and Brockman a designated 3pt shooter. Udrih would guard Gasol and May would bring the ball up."

isn't that a bit of an overkill?
I do not want us to winfor obvious reasons, but I do not want us to fall apart either.

Lin? Easy. Just have a "honoring Kenny Natt" night. Call Kenny Natt to coach a game for us to thank him for all the work he did last season.

Kenny Natt could play Dwight Lebron Wade Bosh and say ... Derrick Rose for 48 minutes against the clippers and still lose

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
We should do it too. I would start Udrih Udoka, Nocioni May and Brockman and I wouldn't sub all night long. I would make Udoka the go to guy, would make Noc a passer and Brockman a designated 3pt shooter. Udrih would guard Gasol and May would bring the ball up. Other than that we can only hope that our front office and coaching stuff know what they are doing and that our players had along celebration of 20/5/5 so that they have a hangover. I wouldn't mind seing them puke all over Staples tonight. Whatever it takes.
Nice. You did it again, great work! :D

kobe will elbow hang over'd tyreke and then he willl puke in his face
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

edit : i hope casspi and evans would finish there rookie year stong ( 30 points each :D)

Last edited:
As much as I hate to see us lose to LA... for the future of our team. We need the talent this draft can provide our team. Hopefully either the wizards or warriors win to break the 3 way tie.

A number of people on Laker boards are figuring a loss for LA... and not based on them trying to screw us. They just aren't playing well right now... and many are saying they should play better WITHOUT Kobe anyways. Many want more players to rest... (from whom? The inexperienced OKC in the first round? For Real?)

Seriously, I couldn't imagine a team that is figured to go all the way dropping it's last home games of the year just to rest guys.. Not to mention giving up on home court advantage should they meet Orlando in the finals (maybe could tie with last 2 wins).

This one may be up to us.... oh dear. :(

Question: When does the game clock start? Sometimes I see it only starting together with the shotclock when player touhces the ball off the inbounds. But sometimes it starts before the shotclock?