[Game] Kings @ Jazz, 3/20/2022 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude had 9 triple doubles in his last ten games (if the on screen stat was correct)... he has one off game at the end of a road trip where he was getting murdered and given no calls. What's your point? That he played bad? I think Domas knows that. We'll move on.
I said he was awful tonight and explained why he was awful tonight in a thread about tonight’s game. That doesn’t mean I’m discounting his season or the last couple of weeks or my confidence In him in general.

There’s probably over 60 games threads where I’m singing his praises after the game win or lose. He was bad tonight though and I’m saying so.

Yes, we will move on. I won’t mention Domas terrible game vs Utah in tomorrows game thread

If I had to replace anyone in starting lineup it’s Barnes. If for nothing more than, he’s old compared to rest of team and less because we need a clear 3rd best and I want Murray taking that spot

I think everyone needs to just take a breather here. Guys, be real - they were tired, game was at elevation. We didn't play good! Agreed! But maybe cut these guys a little bit of slack and trust they'll learn the right lessons from this. They showed heart to come back. We all agree the defense needs to be better for the playoffs.
it’s not the end of the world. On the bright side it could keep the Lakers out of the play-offs.

that said it was a crap game where we played horrible. Glad we lost and payed for the way we have come out for games. We deserved it. It might cost us the two seed but getting the 3 seed is still an accomplishment.

I said he was awful tonight and explained why he was awful tonight in a thread about tonight’s game. That doesn’t mean I’m discounting his season or the last couple of weeks or my confidence In him in general.

There’s probably over 60 games threads where I’m singing his praises after the game win or lose. He was bad tonight though and I’m saying so.

Yes, we will move on. I won’t mention Domas terrible game vs Utah in tomorrows game thread
I worry about his thumb. I don’t think he was right and he needs to get healthy.

it’s not the end of the world. On the bright side it could keep the Lakers out of the play-offs.

that said it was a crap game where we played horrible. Glad we lost and payed for the way we have come out for games. We deserved it. It might cost us the two seed but getting the 3 seed is still an accomplishment.
Yeah, sometimes a well-timed loss is a good thing. Can't have that effort the first 16 minutes we had this game and expect to ever beat any sort of playoff team. The only reason we were able to come back is because the UTA talent was sub-par on the floor. Hopefully a good wake-up call for the next few games. One thing the Kings have been excellent at all year is not compounding poor efforts together over any sort of stretch of the season (outside the 0-4 start)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Somebody explain betting to me. I see Kings are +10k to win the championship. If I put down $10, snd they win, is that $100k?
I think they were getting those kind of odds at the start of the season but today?

Anyways most odds are posted on a $100 bet. So $100 will get you 10k.

I will say it’s potentially a big loss if we aren’t careful. We play Boston tomorrow in a game we won’t be favored in and then play the Suns on Friday. If we lose those we would be on a 3 game losing streak going into the back to back on Saturday against the Jazz. Tired legs, Kessler bothering Sabonis and a series where all the games have been close could be trouble. Beat the Suns and that probably solves the problem but something to be aware of.

I thought Brown kind of panic when we were down by 20 and he went with players that he never played like Matthew Dellavedova...should have just stick with his rotation. It's a waste of possession when Matthew is the one that shoot 3 lol.

Btw, I only care about this loss in that they fought so hard to win and came up short. I'm of the idea I want them in 3rd and facing the Warriors. Everybody is so scared of the Warriors but they are not only beatable, but we are the team to do it. And a 2nd rd tilt with Memphis is what I want. I wanna beat those 2 teams. F em. I hate em, and they are beatable. I honestly don't care if the Cs win tomorrow, as long as we beat Pho on Friday.

Looking forward to seeing the rematch on Saturday and what adjustments brown is gonna make. Both teams will be playing the prior night (both against tough opponents with Jazz playing at home against Bucks, and we play Suns). Their decision to go zone is a good counter against Sabonis’ high screen, DHO offense. I don’t recall but maybe it was the Bucks who also did a similar zone defense against us. In any case, this is what playoff basketball is all about, and I can’t wait to see what Brown has planned

What a terrible loss. That was BAD Utah team minus it’s two best players. Just like the Sixers game earlier this season.

There no excuse.

Once they fought back from down 25 to take the lead I thought for sure they’d win. But then they effed around and let a g-league lineup take the game from them.

Gotta be better than that.

Btw, I only care about this loss in that they fought so hard to win and came up short. I'm of the idea I want them in 3rd and facing the Warriors. Everybody is so scared of the Warriors but they are not only beatable, but we are the team to do it. And a 2nd rd tilt with Memphis is what I want. I wanna beat those 2 teams. F em. I hate em, and they are beatable. I honestly don't care if the Cs win tomorrow, as long as we beat Pho on Friday.
The 2nd seed would earn home court with an advance to the second round. That's what I want

Well, a bad game sure happened tonight.

MEM had a bad game against SA but finished off their 29-pt comeback. Thought the KINGS were gonna pull off the same feat tonight, and really they should have, but it just wasn’t to be.
One of my favorite things I picked up from Brown this year was that he views the "short-term" of their season in 5-game increments. Think that's a great way to see how guys are playing, things that are working, who's in a bit of a slump, etc. Thankfully, ours still looks great, even after this game:

First 5: 5-0
Second 5: 3-2
Third 5: 3-1

So even if we lose to Boston, we'll still be above that .600 winning mark that's been our goal.

Another kind of crazy stat. We've scored 120+ in 12/14 games since the all-star break. The other 2 scores were 117 and 101. Just be an unreal offense the last month of the season.

Good thing I missed this game - post mortem - bench shot horribly and unfortunately Sabonis not much better. Usually the bench has a better game than that.

Nice to see Murray have a good game. Just needed 2 of Lyles, Monk, and Sabonis to shoot a bit better, and they likely win. Kings need a better performance against the Celtics, although the Suns game is more important.

I read somewhere yesterday prior to the game that we had won 7 in a row on the road. That’s super impressive. We could have totally mailed it in second half but we erased the lead in half a quarter and lost a close one. Great effort, Sabonis had some troubles and a poor game by his standards and Fox went off. A few plays here and there and we could have walked away with a W but these things happen. Not worried about it. This season is already such a major win that I’m not going to lose sleep over a hard fought game on the road against a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.