[Game] Kings @ Jazz, 3/20/2022 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I've been looking at tomorrow's Celtics game as a schedule loss, so would definitely be good to take care of business tonight.

This definitely feels like a trap game against the Jazz, but if the Kings could really take care of business we could rest the starters in a blowout win. That'd be the best case scenario.
in the wake of another thread, a scheduled loss to the Celtics at home, cue James Ham with the question...

The Jazz are also in a weird place. Clearly the Gobert and Mitchell trades were signifying the beginning of a rebuild, but then some of the guys they got back were playing so well that they were probably reconsidering their goals and timelines.

Markkanen in particular has taken a huge leap this year.

He's still a young player, but at 26 he's not going to be on the same timeline as all the kids they're poised to draft the next couple years. And Clarkson is 30. I think they would like to make the playoffs for their fans, but outside of Walker Kessler I'm not sure anybody on their roster now will still be there in a few years. We'll see.
This has basically been the story of the Jazz since Stockton and Malone - and they seem to somehow make the playoffs every year anyway. The perpetual "rebuilding on the fly" organization, and pretty good at it. Always gives the fans something to root for, downside is they've never really been serious championship contenders since the Mailman and the Mail Clerk.

Last edited:
Could be. But Ainge's MO has always been to rebuild with picks and keep the cap sheet clean. Holding on to Vanderbilt for next season would have meant potentially losing him for nothing or signing him to a long term deal.
Fair point. Plus, Lakers' 2027 pick could be really valuable, given the position they currently are in. Too soon to predict of course.

Yeah I want to see them cement the 2nd seed. Higher odds of playing a much weaker team in the first round.
I wouldn't be so sure about the 2nd seed guaranteeing a much weaker opponent in round 1.

Right now, Ws are in 7th place. Lakers are just half game behind Wolves for 8th. If they move up, and the rest of the standings don't change, the 2nd sees one of those teams in the first round.

Would you prefer seeing one of the fully healthy Ls/Ws or fully healthy Mavs in the first round? I believe Mavs will be easier, though any of these could be dangerous.

Of course, lots of games still left to play. Big separation between 3 and 4, but hardly any between 6 and 10, and it's possible that the "tougher" opponents will rise to 6. Nothing we can do about it either. So, just focus on your own games.

I wouldn't be so sure about the 2nd seed guaranteeing a much weaker opponent in round 1.

Right now, Ws are in 7th place. Lakers are just half game behind Wolves for 8th. If they move up, and the rest of the standings don't change, the 2nd sees one of those teams in the first round.

Would you prefer seeing one of the fully healthy Ls/Ws or fully healthy Mavs in the first round? I believe Mavs will be easier, though any of these could be dangerous.

Of course, lots of games still left to play. Big separation between 3 and 4, but hardly any between 6 and 10, and it's possible that the "tougher" opponents will rise to 6. Nothing we can do about it either. So, just focus on your own games.
I want us to see the 7akers so we can get them to their summer vacations as quickly as possible.

Ryan

I like turtles
Is anyone else here not watching in the Sacramento market and getting the same 5 commercials? I think I've memorized the Northwest commercial at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.