Kings interview Del Negro, Jackson and Mitchell for Head Coach position (Yahoo News)

Lol the nonsense with Vogel needs to stop just be happy with Messina or Blatt, both will be very good anyways.

And watching the playoffs I want that Princeton offense Blatt runs.
Blatt is not a bright guy. He's just a "no" in every way. Leadership...NO. Innovation....NO. Personality....NO. In-game management....NO. He's the Brian Shaw of European coaches. Incompetence personified.

Great, put Boogie in the post so he can show up his pathetic repertoire of post moves, the same repertoire that has led us to 28 wins per year over six seasons. You want to see a post player, see LaMarcus Aldridge. That's a post player with a high release and footwork and poise. Boogie is a sham of a post player. No half hook, No turn around. He's a power player with limited vertical and no go-to move other than barreling the defender. I am shocked how over half of a decade of evidence is not enough to require restatement of the obvious.

And never mind Boogie just put up 27/11 spending most of his time in pick and roll from top of the key and rim runs when he CAN bully his defender. If Boogie was a dominant post threat in the half court, we would still be playing. Because that inside-outside face-up-and-back-to-basket combination would make him the BEST player in the world. But there is a hole in his game as vast as the Grand Canyon.

As far as Vogel goes, I think the guy is very good. Very good. He's Mike Malone if Mike Malone ever led his team anywhere beside nowhere. But do we want to take the air out of the ball to return to relevance? Meh. We can defend and play uptempo simultaneously. I am also a bit reluctant to snatch up a guy just given his pink slip. I think he needs time to clear his head and take some downtime before confronting his next challenge. Is he ready to make the jump from the respectability of Indiana to the chaos of Sacramento so soon? I don't know.

I like Ettore Messina. He has immediate credibility being able to relay his experience with Spurs to new team. I watched a video Messina did teaching players about Spurs offense. I liked his communication style and his demeanor. He's a winner. And on related note, I like Domantas Sabonis. This guy can be a star if he measures a legitimate 6'10" or 6'11 and 250. Bring in the Euros. Let's go. Field offers for Boogie and exact a kidnappers ransom. Teams are going to bid up on Boogie this summer with a weak free agent field. Let's let them bid and bid and bid and bid some more! Then when they bid just a little more, we pull the trigger. Buh-bye Boogie :)

And to replace him Sabonis is going to be a star in this league. I was a huge fan of Steven Adams pre-draft and wanted the Kings to draft him (and move Boogie to PF) based on how he looked at Pitt and Sabonis is light years ahead of Adams. The guy on this forum (I forgot who) who says this is terrible draft needs to rethink his opinion because with chance to land Dunn, Brown or Sabonis at #8, we are going to be sitting pretty with a potential all-star. These guys are really good. Sabonis has incredible footwork and hands and feel for the game. He's non-stop hustle with a deft passing touch. He also has the pedigree for greatness. What's not to love?! The only thing I cannot gauge precisely off tape is size and level of athleticism. If he measures out well at the Chicago combine, he's a Top 8 pick and exciting prospect.
What the... This made my head hurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, put Boogie in the post so he can show off his pathetic repertoire of post moves, the same repertoire that has led us to 28 wins per year over six seasons. You want to see a post player, see LaMarcus Aldridge. That's a post player with a high release and footwork and poise. Boogie is a sham of a post player. No half hook, No turn around. He's a power player with limited vertical and no go-to move other than barreling the defender. I am shocked how over half of a decade of evidence is not enough to require restatement of the obvious.

And never mind Boogie just put up 27/11 spending most of his time in pick and roll from top of the key and rim runs when he CAN bully his defender. If Boogie was a dominant post threat in the half court, we would still be playing. Because that inside-outside face-up-and-back-to-basket combination would make him the BEST player in the world. But there is a hole in his game as vast as the Grand Canyon.

As far as Vogel goes, I think the guy is very good. Very good. He's Mike Malone if Mike Malone ever led his team anywhere beside nowhere. But do we want to take the air out of the ball to return to relevance? Meh. We can defend and play uptempo simultaneously. I am also a bit reluctant to snatch up a guy just given his pink slip. I think he needs time to clear his head and take some downtime before confronting his next challenge. Is he ready to make the jump from the respectability of Indiana to the chaos of Sacramento so soon? I don't know.

I like Ettore Messina. He has immediate credibility being able to relay his experience with Spurs to new team. I watched a video Messina did teaching players about Spurs offense. I liked his communication style and his demeanor. He's a winner. And on related note, I like Domantas Sabonis. This guy can be a star if he measures a legitimate 6'10" or 6'11 and 250. Bring in the Euros. Let's go. Field offers for Boogie and exact a kidnappers ransom. Teams are going to bid up on Boogie this summer with a weak free agent field. Let's let them bid and bid and bid and bid some more! Then when they bid just a little more, we pull the trigger. Buh-bye Boogie :)

And to replace him Sabonis is going to be a star in this league. I was a huge fan of Steven Adams pre-draft and wanted the Kings to draft him (and move Boogie to PF) based on how he looked at Pitt and Sabonis is light years ahead of Adams. The guy on this forum (I forgot who) who says this is terrible draft needs to rethink his opinion because with chance to land Dunn, Brown or Sabonis at #8, we are going to be sitting pretty with a potential all-star. These guys are really good. Sabonis has incredible footwork and hands and feel for the game. He's non-stop hustle with a deft passing touch. He also has the pedigree for greatness. What's not to love?! The only thing I cannot gauge precisely is size and level of athleticism. If he measures out well at the Chicago combine, he's a Top 8 pick and exciting prospect.
rofl alright man.

With Vogel available, he's also top in my list. But I would like an interview to see how he fits or if he and vlade has the same vision. What I don't like is everyone assuming Vogel is automatically the right coach and vlade and Vivek need to sign him sight unseen. The last time the public demanded a coach be hired and ownership followed was Karl and we saw how that turned out. All we saw was a hof coach with so many wins and so many playoff appearances. All we saw were pros and we were blind to the cons. Vogel might be the best option but I want vlade to be sure he is the best option for us.

replace boogie w/ sabonis lmfao
I am not saying Sabonis is a replacement for Boogie, but he's going to be a heck of player. When he starts rising on draft boards as high as Top 5 remember where you heard it first. Last I checked Boogie was around 38% to 40% this year against OKC whereas Aldridge is destroying Adams and Ibaka as Spurs took home court advantage back tonight. Why the difference? Because Aldridge does not try to go through a brick wall. He goes over it. Boogie tries to go through the brick wall. He does not have the post skill or savvy to fight for space, create space and launch over outreached defender. Thats the difference. Aldridge was only only 38% FGs tonight but in the first two games Aldridge made 33 out of 44 shots and averaged 40 point on 75% FGs. Boogie could not come close to these numbers against OKC because Adams and Ibaka expose a weakness in his game as do other formidable front lines that take away his intention to bully his way to the rim. Sure if he is hot from the perimeter he can play well, but this is a dicey proposition as his stats against Thunder attest.

I am not saying Sabonis is a replacement for Boogie, but he's going to be a heck of player. When he starts rising on draft boards as high as Top 5 remember where you heard it first. Last I checked Boogie was around 38% to 40% this year against OKC whereas Aldridge is destroying Adams and Ibaka as Spurs took home court advantage back tonight. Why the difference? Because Aldridge does not try to go through a brick wall. He goes over it. Boogie tries to go through the brick wall. He does not have the post skill or savvy to fight for space, create space and launch over outreached defender. Thats the difference. Aldridge was only only 38% FGs tonight but in the first two games Aldridge made 33 out of 44 shots and averaged 40 point on 75% FGs. Boogie could not come close to these numbers against OKC because Adams and Ibaka expose a weakness in his game as do other formidable front lines that take away his intention to bully his way to the rim. Sure if he is hot from the perimeter he can play well, but this is a dicey proposition as his stats against Thunder attest.
(return of the troll under the bridge...)

Aldridge did... Boogie didn't...
You DO know that bball is a team sport, right? :D

Every now and then I'll throw a troll a bone. .... just can't let them get the whole picnic basket. :p
Thing is... dude's got some really crafty trolling...
Mixing in some legit points... seems to know the bridge he's lurking under.. Got me taking that bait. :)

Dave basically admitted on twitter that Vogel isn't coming here :(
1. That's just Dave. I do not think he knows. Just his opinion. May be he is right but it is not like Divac or Vogel would tell him that.

2. Vogel was and is a long shot for us. We have such a terrible image that coaches like him would rather wait a year to get to a better place. But you never know. Vogel's personality is no hollywood and it gives us a chance.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1. That's just Dave. I do not think he knows. Just his opinion. May be he is right but it is not like Divac or Vogel would tell him that.

2. Vogel was and is a long shot for us. We have such a terrible image that coaches like him would rather wait a year to get to a better place. But you never know. Vogel's personality is no hollywood and it gives us a chance.
I really don't see Vogel sitting out. He's got no income. He's not charismatic so he's not going to earn bucks on TV.

But I do see him maybe wanting to unwind for a few weeks. A week ago the Pacers were still his guys and his kids (if any) were still enrolled in Indianapolis schools. Now all that's changed in a blink.

And I also could see him taking either the Houston or New York jobs, although really, haha Kings are a dumpster fire etc. etc. is not an argument you can convincingly make vis a vis the Knicks wiht Phil's awkward GMing, an owner as erratic as Vivek, an aging star and a triangle fetish, nor Houston with a failing system that burned through two coaches last year, locker room discord, and a star who absolutely refuses to play defense.

But haha, I'd rather sit at home and eat pork and beans out of a can in candlight so I can keep on paying the mortgage in this overly expensive home I purchased while I assumed I was going to earn millions a year, rather than coach the Kings? No.

Blatt is not a bright guy. He's just a "no" in every way. Leadership...NO. Innovation....NO. Personality....NO. In-game management....NO. He's the Brian Shaw of European coaches. Incompetence personified.
This comment made me feel very reluctant to draft Sabonis. And I don't know anything about Sabonis. Getting to the NBA finals with the worst roster ever and getting 2 wins (no Cavalier team has won a finals game before that!). That, IMHO, is not "incompetence personified". When he was fired this year, his record was 0.732 with a depleted team again (No Irving and Shumpert and Love and Mozgov returning from surgeries)! Brian Shaw could not break 0.450 and was going downwards.

K

KingMilz

This comment made me feel very reluctant to draft Sabonis. And I don't know anything about Sabonis. Getting to the NBA finals with the worst roster ever and getting 2 wins (no Cavalier team has won a finals game before that!). That, IMHO, is not "incompetence personified". When he was fired this year, his record was 0.732 with a depleted team again (No Irving and Shumpert and Love and Mozgov returning from surgeries)! Brian Shaw could not break 0.450 and was going downwards.
He had LeBron and in the East that year that automatically makes you the best team in that conference regardless who is missing but what he did was impressive regardless.

He had LeBron and in the East that year that automatically makes you the best team in that conference regardless who is missing but what he did was impressive regardless.
That's true. The East is really a mess. However, LeBron has been in the playoffs with other Cavalier teams and once also in the finals. They got swept in those finals. Statistically last year was also one of LeBrons weakest.

We keep talking about Vogel but has there been any snippet, article or tweet directly linking Vogel to Sacramento coaching job?!

He is my first choice by a LONG LONG way.

Having said that, my gut tells me that Vlade's pick in Messina but it's not going to be an easy sell to Ettore who will need convincing to take the job.

I could be wrong but I can't shake this hunch!