[Game] Kings @ Hornets - Monday, Jan. 22 - 4 PT

I'm to the point where if we don't start seeing this crew of Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Skal, and Willie getting all the major minutes there are as a unit I'm going to be totally uninterested from here on. This unit looks like a real NBA level squad for craps sake.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm to the point where if we don't start seeing this crew of Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Skal, and Willie getting all the major minutes there are as a unit I'm going to be totally uninterested from here on. This unit looks like a real NBA level squad for craps sake.
No offense, but you've been on strike since 2006. I think your level of "uninterest" is pretty much towards the bottom of the scale already, isn't it?

So wait a minute here, so you're telling me the Kings best young talent and most complete unit doesn't look like caca? This is the future and the future is NOW!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So wait a minute here, so you're telling me the Kings best young talent and most complete unit doesn't look like caca? This is the future and the future is NOW!
No, the future isn't now. This is a group of players learning to be a team. They are making progress. I thought most of you wanted this to be a tank year? If so, then you should be ecstatic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, I'm happy because it ended up being a close game and I saw positive things. Oh well...on to Orlando.

No, the future isn't now. This is a group of players learning to be a team. They are making progress. I thought most of you wanted this to be a tank year? If so, then you should be ecstatic.

No, I've always been firmly in the allowing your youth to shine camp considering there is too much of it. Another decent pick won't make up for making your last 3 drafts/trades look horrible in the interim. And yes, it is now. That's how bad this is getting. Common sense must be shown because common sense just hit the floor that last 8 minutes.

Wasn't the poor 3 pt % defense happening under Karl too?
It wasn't great, but better, they gave up 36.6% on threes, they are giving up over 38% which is good for last in the league defensively and on pace to give up more points away at a higher percentage from 3 as well. That team was also 3rd in ppg. This team has been dead last on both ends this year. I already posted a graphic in another thread that indicated where the Kings are getting damaged from the most and it's from their consistent help defense areas in the corners.

Mediocre. ranked 22nd in 2015-16 (36.6%) and 14th in 2014-15 (34.9%)

They haven't been this bad since 2013-14 (38%), when the GOAT was coaching (Malone)

It's also a different league so the damage potential is much different. Not concentrating on hugging the 3 or switching pick and rolls can kill you now. In 2013-14 the most 3's attempted per game by any team was around 26. This year there are 21 teams beating that number at the moment. And 13 teams comfortably above 30.