Kings @ Hornets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
There is NO possibility of the playoffs. NONE.

And Reggie is probably going to be fired.

Those two things can exist simultaneously alongside a nice bounceback win over a struggling Hornets team. Why everytime people get excited by soemthing good happening their grasp on reality has to slip dramatically I will never understand.

It is on us Brick, we should stop using logic, ignore facts and admit that we don't know anything about this game at all because clearly after this win tonight - we clinched the playoff by default. And obviously Reggie Theus is next Red Auerbach at least.

Those two things can exist simultaneously alongside a nice bounceback win over a struggling Hornets team. Why everytime people get excited by soemthing good happening their grasp on reality has to slip dramatically I will never understand.

Great prediction. I like your confidence and ability to see the future. Can I call you Nostradamus from now on?

There is ALWAYS a possibility, and you should know that.

It is on us Brick, we should stop using logic, ignore facts and admit that we don't know anything about this game at all because clearly after this win tonight - we clinched the playoff by default. And obviously Reggie Theus is next Red Auerbach at least.

People are trying to enjoy a win, and are mentioning that there is a possibility of the Kings making the playoffs. Unless you're Jesus, and I don't think you are, I don't see how you can look at us like fools and claim you're right and we're wrong.

Those two things can exist simultaneously alongside a nice bounceback win over a struggling Hornets team. Why everytime people get excited by soemthing good happening their grasp on reality has to slip dramatically I will never understand. Celebrate the win, and then in the morning all the same problems and challenges exist as they did yesterday.
What do you know?

Just as much as you (and piksi) can be pessimists, others can be optimists. Pipe down.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Great prediction. I like your confidence and ability to see the future. Can I call you Nostradamus from now on?

There is ALWAYS a possibility, and you should know that.

I have been far more accurate than Nostradamus on these things.

The Clippers can say there is always a possibility too. And then they also have to wake up and realize that there are still 9 very good squads out West, and they ain't one of them.

There's also the possibility that I'll win the lottery this week, but it doesn't mean I'm going to get my hopes up and think "oh my God, there's the possibility that I'll be a multi-millionaire!" every time I buy a ticket.

piksi

Hall of Famer
People are trying to enjoy a win, and are mentioning that there is a possibility of the Kings making the playoffs. Unless you're Jesus, and I don't think you are, I don't see how you can look at us like fools and claim you're right and we're wrong.
I offer to provide koolaid the moment we clinch the lottery

I will settle for one big "I told You so" but then You will still not believe that I am Jesus :p

I have been far more accurate than Nostradamus on these things.

The Clippers can say there is always a possibility too. And then they also have to wake up and realize that there are still 9 very good squads out West, and they ain't one of them.

I'm sure you've made some accurate predictions in your history, and I've read many. But come on, you can't say the Kings won't make the playoffs - like it's a fact or something.

How do you know we won't land Lebron before the trade deadline? Things change you know... I'd rather be optimistic though, rather than you guys. I can't even imagine watching a Kings game with your mindset (team sucks, bad pick coming, no playoffs). What's the fun in that? What's the point of being a fan?

Those two things can exist simultaneously alongside a nice bounceback win over a struggling Hornets team. Why everytime people get excited by soemthing good happening their grasp on reality has to slip dramatically I will never understand. Celebrate the win, and then in the morning all the same problems and challenges exist as they did yesterday.
We are definitely NOT making playoffs. In the west these days, there are 50 games we would have to win. When you lose by 30 to Memphis, you are not winning 50 games.

However, I don't agree that Reggie will be fired necessarily. If the Maloofs fire him, then they also have a ridiculous notion that the Kings are a playoff team. Quite honestly, I think one more bad loss against a horrible team will do him in. I just don't know if that will happen.

ps: Everybody. Bobby can't be our savior every night. We will lose a lot of close games. The reason for this is entirely on Reggie, he lacks clutch composure as a coach and the team reflects that. Temper your enthusiasm, but enjoy the victory. Expect about 30, 35 wins this year. Even that will be an over-achievment in my eyes, but that is what Reggie will do to you. We will beat most of the bad teams, and lose to most of the good coaches.

Nope. People are just enjoying good basketball. I would hate to sit next to either of you at a game.
I love the optimism of the new members. Enjoy the rebuild, I'm glad you are here with us, and just make sure you are on board when we are relevant again in 2-3 years.

Hey the old line on pessimism is that it's the easy way out. If the Kings lose they can say "I told you so", if the Kings win it's "yay! The Kings won!".

Still the fact of the matter is this team even sniffing the playoffs is not good for this REBUILDING team nor realistic at this point. We need to grow throughout the year and our youth needs to learn the game. After that a nice draft pick is the most positive thing that could possibly happen.

We are definitely NOT making playoffs. In the west these days, there are 50 games we would have to win. When you lose by 30 to Memphis, you are not winning 50 games.

I will be SOOO surprised if the 8th spot will be anywhere NEAR 50 wins this season. West is much crappier this year than last year. 8th place will likely carry 40-43 wins. Book it

I love the optimism of the new members. Enjoy the rebuild, I'm glad you are here with us, and just make sure you are on board when we are relevant again in 2-3 years.
I ain't new buddy. Sorry, I don't post 100 times on game nights. Don't worry though, I'm not going anywhere. Been a Kings fan all my life.

There are some who will enjoy fantasizing about unrealistic goals, there are others who will enjoy squashing their hopes and dreams. I, on the other hand, will sit back and enjoy watching the kids gain more and more confidence every night, win or lose, playoffs or lottery.

There are some who will enjoy fantasizing about unrealistic goals, there are others who will enjoy squashing their hopes and dreams. I, on the other hand, will sit back and enjoy watching the kids gain more and more confidence every night, win or lose, playoffs or lottery.
Exactly. Go start your own "playoff" thread if that's what you wanna talk...this is the "game" thread.

Why do people always knock the Kings wins? If your going to be negative all the time, what's the point on coming on here or even watching the games? Let some of us fans enjoy the win. If someone thinks we can make playoffs, Who Cares? No need to knock them. Let them be a fan and root for there team.
To say we beat a struggling Hornets team, LOL, they should of beat us easily. The Kings were out 3 players 2 of them being starters. And rookie gets his first start ever, and yet we still win. Tell Vegas that the Hornets where not suppose to win today. The Kings were getting +13.5 and they win the game outright.
I wasnt going to say anything, but it seems like some of you Win or Lose are constanly negative or putting the team down.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I think it's fairly obvious I wasn't serious, but rather pointing out the possibility of the Kings landing a superstar at some point this season. Lebron was just an example.
unless we kidnap or blackmail - it isn't realistic

to get a "superstar" - You have to have something to give in return that other team wants and You have to keep enough talent around that potential superstar. Last time that happened in Sacramento was never. We got Webber for Richmond and it took us 3 seasons to get on a high level. Only free agent that wanted to come to Sacramento was Vlade and he wasn't really a superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.