[Game] Kings @ Hawks 11/18/15 - 5 PM PST, 8 PM EST

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If Bazemore and Teague are still out we are flat better than what is left. I don't know if we can pay Ben enough to actually stick to Korver like glue since he basically refused to cover him at the 3pt line last year, but if we can just keep that x-factor down and there's no foul trouble foolishness with Boogie its a totally doable win. Biggest danger would be our PGs letting Schroeder slice and dice us.

We always stink it up against the Hawks of late but this is as winnable a scenario as I can remember against them. Id be dissapointed if it isnt close down the stretch.

Outside of Philly/Lakers seem like every team in the NBA is super competitive so far (Pelicans got to many injuries) just seems like every team in the NBA is roughly a 500. team at this point in time. I don't remember it being like this in previous seasons.
Agreed. Here's how it seems like this season:

Warriors

Spurs/Cavs

Everyone else

Philly/Lakers/Nets

Which is pretty crazy considering how far we are into the season.

Bricklayer

I'm not sure if Willie is quick enough to chase Korver, but I would definitely try it. Crazy great idea!
Right now the Hawks are wounded and actually were running a big lineup with Milsap at SF vs., the Nets, so we'll need our bigs on their bigs.

And really, Ben is ridiculous sometimes. There is not a reason on earth why he can't smother Korver with his athleticism. none. If I had Ben's size and athleticism Korver would be wearing me. This is entirely about Ben's head. He can handle that assignment.

Last edited:
Ben has the athleticism, but I don't think he has the smarts and experience. He tends to foul three point shooters a bit too often. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes one or two such fouls tonight.

My biggest concern is our turnovers. We had what 20 last game and the Hawks are the number one team at causing turnovers. Just dont shoot yourselves in the foot and protect the ball. Especially in the paint where it seems to me most of our turnovers occur on little 2 foot passes.

Bricklayer

My biggest concern is our turnovers. We had what 20 last game and the Hawks are the number one team at causing turnovers. Just dont shoot yourselves in the foot and protect the ball. Especially in the paint where it seems to me most of our turnovers occur on little 2 foot passes.
That's really how the Hawks win. They aren't that talented, but they turn you over, and don't turn it over themselves. Move the ball, sprinkle in some 3pt shooting, that is spottier this year, and there you go, how to win without elite personnel.

Right now the Hawks are wounded and actually were running a big lineup with Milsap at SF vs., the Nets, so we'll need our bigs on their bigs.

And really, Ben is ridiculous sometimes. There is not a reason on earth why he can't smother Korver with his athleticism. none. If I had Ben's size and athleticism Korver would be wearing me. This is entirely about Ben's head. He can handle that assignment.
Probably because 80% of perimeter defense is between your ears and doesn't have as much to do with how athletic you are. Working through screens and knowing the rotations and where your man wants to go comes down to how well you know how to play defense.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Simply put, if we fancy ourselves a playoff team, playing against this ATL team when they went down to the wire last night in BK, while we're coming off two days off, is a must win.

Especially when it's the first of a back to back for us. Got to get the first one.

Too a certain extent, and it's understandable given how crap we've been for years, we spend a lot of time dissecting other teams and our chances. But point blank, this is just a game we have to win, no matter the specifics. Point blank, if we play near our potential on both ends, we're 5-7 later today.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Pride goeth before the fall!

We are on the road, had a few days off and could be rusty..... Hotlanta is depleted, but I will never underestimate the ability of this team to self sabotage and blow it.

I will be equally unsurprised with a win or loss tonight.

It will be a good test of the team's newfound focus and energy either way.

So go Kings!

This will be a big test for our defense. We left the Warriors open ALL GAME and just got really really lucky that they were missing. We can't leave their shooters open, and they move a LOT on offense. If we can put out effort defensively we have a good shot at winning this game. Also hope Boog can get their big men in trouble. They are going to have trouble with our length down low.

No Teague or Bazemore, this one is there for the stealing. Atlanta will come motivated though, going to have to earn this one. Horford and Splitter have historically done well on Cousins, Rudy must have a big night.

I would not be surprised to see Kings cross-match. Rondo on Korver. Ben on Schroeder. Rondo did a great job on Curry running him off three point line. Rondo does a better job than Ben of getting through picks and closing out w/o fouling.

I would not be surprised to see Kings cross-match. Rondo on Korver. Ben on Schroeder. Rondo did a great job on Curry running him off three point line. Rondo does a better job than Ben of getting through picks and closing out w/o fouling.
Sounds good to me. Can Ben stay with Schröeder, though? That dude is quick.

Alright Kings lets do this!!

Atlanta is a pretty terrible rebounding team, so lets just take care of the ball and rebound! That alone should keep us in the game if our shooting is off.