Kings give Gabriel two-way contract

So for those who watched him more at Kentucky (very little exposure to his game personally, other than our SL), what's the ideal scenario for him positionally? Small-ball PF who can switch to some 3? Pure 3? Pure 4?
His versatility should be very JaKarr like. Should be able to play either position against most players.

I like the signing as well. Can shoot the 3 and displayed a desire to play D . Can play both forward positions. Once he puts on some weight and gets stronger I can envision am Aminu type player.

So for those who watched him more at Kentucky (very little exposure to his game personally, other than our SL), what's the ideal scenario for him positionally? Small-ball PF who can switch to some 3? Pure 3? Pure 4?
I've followed his story since his stock skyrocketed as a recruit a few summers back and pretty much all his games at UK.. I think the Kings have shown their hand a bit on this already;

I think they want him to play the 4. He's like 6'9½" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan.

If u really look at him too he's bulked up immensely over the past few years, in SL he looks like a PF. He will always be super-active and a factor on the boards regardless of where he plays.

Not saying he can't play the 3, he's just definitely not a pure 3. Think something like Al Farouq Aminu.

i don't really see the Aminu comparison who is a insane athlete and has explosivness on a different level to Gaberial, Gaberial if he can stroke it looks more like a bigger/longer young Anthony Tolliver or more closer to a Patrick Patterson than Jakarr with a 3 point jumper or Aminu.

i don't really see the Aminu comparison who is a insane athlete and has explosivness on a different level to Gaberial, Gaberial if he can stroke it looks more like a bigger/longer young Anthony Tolliver or more closer to a Patrick Patterson than Jakarr with a 3 point jumper or Aminu.
Gabriel actually has around a 37" vertical. What he lacks that Aminu has is a 7'3" wingspan, Gabriel's in more of the 6'11 or 7' range, which is unremarkable for NBA PF's, also Aminu was more fluid of an athlete for sure, but he was a top-10 pick, and we're talking about an undrafted guy on a two-way.. Wenyen is more prone to spastic moments than Aminu, but they are almost always a result of supreme effort. Aminu was a more natural passer too.

At the peak of Gabriel's recruiting hype it was being said that he had "the best motor in the class", and this is where I think he compares to Aminu because he's gonna be a plus rebounder at either spot.

I hope you're right that he becomes a reliable 3pt shooter such as Patterson or Tolliver though because with the rest of his skillset, he can stick in the league, and more importantly on the Kings :D

I always think that if he really fufills his potential, there will be a hint of Gerald Wallace to his game, cuz Gabriel is fit for that nickname "crash" suits his style of play.

Last edited: