Kings do not pick up Giles and Caleb team options for next year!

The Kings figured it was worth the gamble to trade the 10th pick for a guy they felt could be solid depth at a position of need (JJ) and a swing for the fences in a high upside guy in Giles. They did the right thing by red shirting him and it seemed as though this could all work out. A trade for Barnes landed us our first legit SF since Metta and Giles was promising in his sophomore campaign.

I don't like the gamble to give up control over talent for a couple mil unless the medical is not good. I do, however, think it is unlikely Harry will get an offer of more than 4 mil next year. When Bagley gets back, Giles will probably see 8-12 minutes a game and has yet to show us much aside from a bit of toughness and a nice pass here and there. I wouldn't be suprised if he re-signs with us this offseason in a prove it one year contract. We can only hope anyway.

What Giles will get as an UFA totally depends on what sort of season he has this year. I just don’t understand the egos around here that think they already know what Giles will get. Have you no humility?

What Giles will get as an UFA totally depends on what sort of season he has this year. I just don’t understand the egos around here that think they already know what Giles will get. Have you no humility?
I am not sure if you are referencing my post or not but I don't think its a mortal sin to project what a player might be worth on the open market.

lumping Harry with WCS, Mason, Skal - well I hope you're right about that. If Harry Giles does not far exceed the NBA productivity of all those three guys put together, then I understand the move and he is just washed.

This is only a problem if Harry Giles winds up being a much better player than WCS, Mason and Skal. Those are three "guys who didn't work out" I have no problem with them
Not the way I would have described my post.

my fear is that Giles has "Greg Oden" disease.... Perhaps the Kings Front Office sees something we do not. Like future frequent injuries on the horizon. I dont see anything wrong with Giles proving he can play more than just a handful of games

I am not sure if you are referencing my post or not but I don't think its a mortal sin to project what a player might be worth on the open market.
I wasn't addressing anyone in particular, but I was addressing all those who are compelled to make absolutely confident predictions that we can't possibly predict in a rational world. It seems to be a somewhat common thing in the world of social media. So every once in a while I ask for some humility with the expectation of being largely ignored. Now back to our regular programming!