[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Boogie to be released by the Rox. He's 30, on a vet min salary, can still board.

Any interest?
Honestly I’d still take him if they decide to trade holmes while he has value and if monte knows we can’t afford him next year. Getting white side and cousins for less than $5 million combined? Sign me up if we are gonna tank anyways.

Don’t know if this needs it’s own thread but nba released the second half schedule. Personally it looks easier than the first half with more east coast and west coast bottom dwellers. Dunno how this will effect the tank View attachment 10455
I guess it's the same for most teams - but that is a lot of games packed into April and May. While I don't doubt the upside of a high draft pick this year, it would be great if the team can stay healthy and put together enough of a run to make the playoffs.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Don’t know if this needs it’s own thread but nba released the second half schedule. Personally it looks easier than the first half with more east coast and west coast bottom dwellers. Dunno how this will effect the tank View attachment 10455
The Kings win more games than they lose after being mathematically eliminated form the playoffs for the 10 millionth year in a row? And then we spend the off-season talking about carrying that momentum over into the 2021-2022 season? Just a wild guess.

Too lazy too look up if this is common, but surprised the reigning 3-point champ wasn’t invited back. Maybe I’m missing something.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings’ Harrison Barnes, Nemanja Bjelica drawing strong trade interest. “No way he’s there after the deadline,” one prominent agent tells @FortyEightMins of Barnes. fortyeightminutes.com/kings-harrison… pic.twitter.com/CqbjdKMQiR
I'm really not in favor of trading Barnes. He's one of the best players on the team (starting SF on a playoff team caliber guy), appears to be a great locker room guy and mentor to our young players, seems to enjoy being in Sac, and we have him locked up for two more years on a declining contract that is in his market range anyways. He is, so to speak, a core piece. If we trade him to Boston, what are we going to get back? An unproven young piece like Nesmith or a really unproven young piece like Langford (both SGs, BTW, a position we're not really hurting at) and a late pick or two? We probably get quite a bit more value by just keeping him.

I'm really not in favor of trading Barnes. He's one of the best players on the team (starting SF on a playoff team caliber guy), appears to be a great locker room guy and mentor to our young players, seems to enjoy being in Sac, and we have him locked up for two more years on a declining contract that is in his market range anyways. He is, so to speak, a core piece. If we trade him to Boston, what are we going to get back? An unproven young piece like Nesmith or a really unproven young piece like Langford (both SGs, BTW, a position we're not really hurting at) and a late pick or two? We probably get quite a bit more value by just keeping him.
I tend to agree. Would you do it for a mid 1st? I might be more inclined to do that due to this draft bring pretty deep with wings. And it would free up a sizable chunk of change. But then you’d be banking on the pick being as good as Barnes and being able to bring in FAs, so I dunno

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I tend to agree. Would you do it for a mid 1st? I might be more inclined to do that due to this draft bring pretty deep with wings. And it would free up a sizable chunk of change. But then you’d be banking on the pick being as good as Barnes and being able to bring in FAs, so I dunno
Well, it might be worth looking at what recent trades have actually brought in. Jrue Holiday went to the Bucks, and brought back two unprotected 1sts, two unprotected 1st swaps, Steven Adams and Eric Bledsoe. I think we'd all admit that Holiday is a better player than Barnes (for instance, Holiday has been worth 19.0 WS over the last 3.5 seasons, while Barnes has been worth 14.6 WS in that time), and yes, those picks are (hopefully for Milwaukee) late picks, but that's a pretty good haul. Also keep in mind that Holiday is two years older than Barnes and only locked up for one year, not three.

So I'd say that in the current market, a single mid-first rounder doesn't feel like equal value for Barnes. And the worst thing we can possibly do, especially if we think that we're going to be putting Buddy on the block sooner or later, is to show a willingness to give up players for less than market value. It's hard enough for a team like Sacramento to acquire assets. We can't throw away whatever leverage we have to turn those assets into other assets, or we'll just waste away our assets.

I am not in favor of trading Barnes at all unless we get something significant back. He's one of our best players and a solid vet leader. He can start on a playoff team or be 6th man at worst. He's not the kind of more powder for the keg player that Bjelica or even frankly Hield are right now.

Since Barnes already has a ring maybe he's content playing for a team in need of a rebuild. If so, agree with the above recent posts. He may be a little old for the timeline but he brings too much to sell low.

Since Barnes already has a ring maybe he's content playing for a team in need of a rebuild. If so, agree with the above recent posts. He may be a little old for the timeline but he brings too much to sell low.
IIRC he's actually slightly younger than Buddy? either way its by a few months.