[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/s/b2phak5IAS

Sharing the reddit post bc the source article is on one of the worst navigable websites I've seen in a while (and maybe has been edited to turn part of the Kings quote into ellipses?). But a cool quote (edit- from Bradley Beal re off-season move)

I didn’t like Sac from the standpoint they were still a little too young, but they have amazing young guys, young pieces, and they both would’ve had to trade young pieces to get me

When's the last time we had a big coveted star say they were actually interested in coming here?

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Sharing the reddit post bc the source article is on one of the worst navigable websites I've seen in a while (and maybe has been edited to turn part of the Kings quote into ellipses?). But a cool quote:

When's the last time we had a big coveted star say they were actually interested in coming here?
For context (for those who don't click) the quote comes from Bradley Beal regarding teams' pursuit of him in the trade market this offseason.

Sharing the reddit post bc the source article is on one of the worst navigable websites I've seen in a while (and maybe has been edited to turn part of the Kings quote into ellipses?). But a cool quote (edit- from Bradley Beal re off-season move)

Haha, in other words, he chased the ring. lol. We all know why he went to the Suns and the sorry Bradley, you didn't fetch much young talent because the value wasn't there. Now hopefully Durant and co. fall flat on their faces and the Suns watch from home as the Kings continue on in the playoffs this time around.

Haha, in other words, he chased the ring. lol. We all know why he went to the Suns and the sorry Bradley, you didn't fetch much young talent because the value wasn't there. Now hopefully Durant and co. fall flat on their faces and the Suns watch from home as the Kings continue on in the playoffs this time around.
and he is out for game one with back issues.

This feels like it’s going to be a slugfest all year that just wears teams out. A bunch of barely over .500 teams scrapping for the playoffs. Depth could be front and center this season
I for one think the Kings will just outrun everyone, except perhaps Oklahoma, especially after the All-Star break.

I will miss most of the game tomorrow night, working. But someone needs to start a game thread.

In an excellent article in The Athletic, Mike Brown explains what he has been trying to do this pre-season. The article underscores that, yes, the Kings looked uncomfortable and out of sorts before the start of the season, and in my view, lacking cohesion. That's because Coach Brown made it that way:

https://theathletic.com/4998904/2023/10/26/sacramento-kings-nba-finals-hopes-mike-brown/

He answers a lot of the questions and criticisms I have had in the past few weeks.

Last edited:
goes to show that Coach Brown can deal with all personality types from Stephen Jacksons to Wiggins to Keegan among others and he gets all the juice out of his former players

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Here is the full set of courts.

I fear that some of these with the deep colors are going to be really obnoxious. I have my concerns that playing on a red court, or on a court with harsh color transitions (e.g. Suns, Pelicans), may be a bit difficult, at least at first. I guess we'll see.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

I fear that some of these with the deep colors are going to be really obnoxious. I have my concerns that playing on a red court, or on a court with harsh color transitions (e.g. Suns, Pelicans), may be a bit difficult, at least at first. I guess we'll see.
This is like a middle school art project gone terribly wrong. The colors, the fonts, the lame "logo pasted on a clip art trophy" graphics. They must have given these teams no more than an hour to come up with a final design using only existing art assets and assigned color combinations Top Chef style or something and then just published the results.

How would you like to fly to Toronto to play on a black court under floodlights? It would be like street ball after dark.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Can't believe it's already been one year since Bill Simmons proposed the stupidest trade of all time
It's a legit question. Would Monte have laughed? Would he have cried? Would he have thrown the phone against the wall, or would his white-hot rage have simply melted it as it sat in his hand? Would the concentrated level of stupid have collapsed into a black hole that would have swallowed the world, starting in L.A. and quickly spreading outward? What would have happened?