[KINGS] Comments about the Kings that don't warrant their own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did MK strike again with the total changeover in the athletic training department?

I don't understand how we take arguably the best training staffs in the NBA has been completely overhauled. It doesn't make any sense.

Kings Draft Board reads:

AYTON
BAGLEY
DONCIC
PORTER
BAMBA
BRIDGES
Who the hell doesn't erase their whiteboard for over 3-4 months!! I know it's not really a big deal, and at least the draft order isn't shockingly crazy (outside of Porter....but I guess they could be proven right in 2 or 3 years time), but it's just.... sigh. sometimes I wish I could sync up my heart and my brain and root for another team.

I almost wonder if that's the order he expected the draft to go? Seems really, really, really, really, really, really, really weird to have his own random personal draft board right next to his desk for 3 months.

It is Vlade though, so who knows.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Vlades whiteboard has us winning 29 games this season.

Better work on getting that first rounder
I believe that the 29 win mark was the first season Vlade was here. They may have put that down for some reason. Or it could be their forecast for this year. Or it could be something else entirely related to a draft position or another team. Point is, we don't know. It doesn't say: "Kings 2018 goal/estimate 29-55" or anything. I really wish people would stop making so many assumptions.

Could it be what they might expect our record to be this year? Yes. Could it be something else? Also yes.

Also, getting a first rounder doesn't have anything to do with our draft position unless you are talking about us getting our first rounder back.

I believe that the 29 win mark was the first season Vlade was here. They may have put that down for some reason. Or it could be their forecast for this year. Or it could be something else entirely related to a draft position or another team. Point is, we don't know. It doesn't say: "Kings 2018 goal/estimate 29-55" or anything. I really wish people would stop making so many assumptions.

Could it be what they might expect our record to be this year? Yes. Could it be something else? Also yes.

Also, getting a first rounder doesn't have anything to do with our draft position unless you are talking about us getting our first rounder back.
Important we add young talent through the draft if we continue to project ourselves as sub 30 wins. That's my point. Vlade should be looking to gain a first round pick and continuing our youth development model, obviously note our record is not linked to where this pick would be.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If Jackson doesn't show up against Utah and Portland, then I want the Kings to use those 45 days of Gabriel at the beginning of the season to get him some significant playing time at the 3. After the 45 days are up they can make a roster change to get Gabriel on the regular roster if he shows he's worth it. I just don't want to see a player at the 3 who isn't willing to get into the fight. Can't have it. I can deal with some poor shooting performances, but not with a disappearance act.

https://armchairallamericans.com/wenyen-gabriel-signs-a-two-way-contract-with-the-sacramento-kings/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.