Kings @ Clippers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
It is very early but I will be on the road tomorow so...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many NBA games going on tonight so let's hope that kings can "win" some by not playing. It sounds very pathetic but it is what it is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A basketball game consist of 4 quarters. In the past we had such a talented team, which needed only a quarter ot two to take care of business. We can not do that at the moment. Last night we played solid for 3 quarters and it was not enough.
Also, energy makes difference sometimes. You need to have it when the game starts - not 20 minutes later. In times where every game counts down the strech - You just can not afford not to "be there"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that it is tome to change the starting line up. K9 is playing so well - we need to use that from the start. Darius will be fine coming from the bench. Also that could help to avoid the situation where Williamson has to play center. That lineup is just ugly.
We lost a game yesterday that we should have won. We just did not play well down the strech. Also we got killed by 2 players who usually play us well. the problem is that they used to play on different teams. Now they are in our division:(. Fact is that our guards do not defend well nor do they even try it consistantly. We get killed on a guard penetration night in and night out. Do not see that changing any time soon:eek:. And we really miss Bobby here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were times when we looked forward to play Clippers. Times sure change. We really need that game tomorow. Badly. It will be a close one again. Maybe - just maybe Pedja Mike and Catino can play well in the same game at the same time. We sure can use it. We need a good start. Rebounding will be heuge. Also we need to get to the line more - somehow. We did not have one FT in the first half last night.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - he just has to matter more than he did last night. He is hurting and tired and he usualy does not defend even when he is not. Mike always bounces back.
Pedja - missed his last 6 shots last night. Had a good first half and it went down hill from there. Played good defense for the most part of the game. Last minut of the game turned ugly. We need more here.
Mobley - he tried yesterday. Have no idea why he did not get more touches down the strech. Hope he continues to be hot.
Skinner - As long as we do not run offense trough him - he will do a great job simply because his strengths are the mirror image of our weaknesses.
Thomas - I hope he starts but either way he has played well lately on both ends.
Darius - needs to go back to being Darius
Evans - has been solid for the minutes that he gets. Still little out of control out there.
Corliss - did not play that much. I was hoping that we could use him more than we do
House - Some night good some not so good. Bobby come back soon please.
Martin - seams to be forgotten and buried on the very deep end of the bench.
Tag - he does not even have a space on the bench (size related). Earlier in the season - he was cheering better too,
Daniels - DNP CD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - could use his time outs better. 2 away from 700 - hopefully he can get it on Sunday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clippers - do not even get me started here. We have to expect them to play well, shoot like never before and some "noname" to improve his career bests.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well tonight - Lakes lost, Wolves too but Grizzlies won. Rocketts are being killed by Celtics. Spurs will win and so will the Nuggets and Sonics. Tight game in Phoenix but that one does not influence us that much.
Go Bobcats!! (Dallas)

piksi said:
It is very early but I will be on the road tomorow so...
" ON THE ROAD AGAIN, I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THE ROAD AGAIN"

Don't know why that was the first thing that I thought of.

I want to see K9 start for sure. I don't think that will save the world but I just think he will play better starting then off the bench.

Bibby needs a rest, It does no good to drive him into the ground BEFORE the playoffs. MEMO TO RA "wait until the playoffs to do that"

Would also like to see Nasty play a lot more. Funny that was what happened when he was here before. He leaves and becomes 6th man of the year. I am not bashing RA but this off season I may have some more comments on this issue.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
BigWaxer said:
" ON THE ROAD AGAIN, I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THE ROAD AGAIN"

Don't know why that was the first thing that I thought of.

I want to see K9 start for sure. I don't think that will save the world but I just think he will play better starting then off the bench.

Bibby needs a rest, It does no good to drive him into the ground BEFORE the playoffs. MEMO TO RA "wait until the playoffs to do that"

Would also like to see Nasty play a lot more. Funny that was what happened when he was here before. He leaves and becomes 6th man of the year. I am not bashing RA but this off season I may have some more comments on this issue.
I don't know how starting Kenny right now would effect him. I agree he should be considered to start but maybe it could have a negative effect???? He has been playing well off the bench. Oh well we'll see what Rick Adelman does tommorrow.

This game might just be one that sends me over the edge...all three of the Clippers/Kings games thus far have been real close...and really tough...it seems like each match up one of their guys shine...wonder who it will be tomorrow...but hopefully we can make Elton Brand a non factor like last game....but i suspect they are really fixin to win this game...BAD!

Mike and Peja are the key if they both have a good game we win...hopefully Cat will continue where he left off against the Warriors...maybe that was the spark he needed...K9 has played great0-RA still isn't gonna start him however...

GO KINGS!! BEAT THE CLIPS!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Safe trip home, piksi.

Good eval, as always. No team is an automatic win anymore....not that it ever really was. Kings need to continue playing with energy.

I think it would be a good idea to start K-9. The first couple of games K-9 was driving to the basket, however, now he seems to be shooting alot more jumpers. Don't be me wrong, he's been doing good, I just wish he would drive to the basket more often. As far as Darius, he should be fine coming off the bench. I really think there's going to be a change in the starting lineup at the Clipper game.

Can someone tell me how many points the Kings have scored in the paint the last few games?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Have a Safe trip... nice preview I espcialy liked and agreed with the observation that the old Kings could afford to dump quarters but these new Kings cannot.

quite honestly I can't wait for us to get past these next two games just so we can play Portland on Tuesday...hopefully these next two games end up with two W's with RA finally getting his 700th win...go kings!

mike played 33 minutes against the warriors. i was actually shocked that he played under 40! but we lost the game. peja also played 30+ minutes. so i don't know.

question: was mike or peja in the game to start the 2nd quarter? that was when the lead ballooned to 21.

LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- The Sacramento Kings on Saturday hope to maintain their dominance of the Los Angeles Clippers, who are fading out of the playoff contention.

The Kings have won the last nine meetings against the Clippers - including the first three matchups this season - and 13 of the last 14 games against their Southern California rivals. Los Angeles has not beaten Sacramento since a 112-107 victory on January 18, 2003.

Holding a one-half game lead over the Houston Rockets for fifth place in the Western Conference playoff race, the Kings are coming off a 100-97 loss at Golden State on Thursday.

Cuttino Mobley scored 28 points in the loss, his highest total since being acquired by Sacramento on January 10. Mike Bibby scored just 11 points on 4-of-16 shooting, including a missed late 3-pointer that would have tied the game.

I hope that tradition of wining against Clippers will be continued!

Tonight we have to at least try to contain Corey Magette, I would like to see better help defence and some more double teams on him, it worked effectively a cuple times when we had Peja and Evans on him. It would also be nice to see Peja get over 6 rebs...

^Pedja over 6 rebounds...Hmm...that'll be great. Not sure if it'll happen though. :D

I hope the Kings players come out with more energy and effort in this game. Clippers is at home now and would want revenge cause of the last Kings-Clippers game. So I hope the Kings play better. Clippers are on a back to back...they lost pretty bad last night @Denver. Brand and Kaman always have good games vs Kings. Except last game... it was Cory and Bobby Simmons. :/

Score + Rebound + limit TOs + play D = WIN

GOO KINGS!!!!

I really wished I had gotten tickets to this game, but I had no idea it was at Clippers until yesterday. Plus, I don't think there was anybody I could've got with and I don't think I could've gotten a ride.

However, I'm hoping to go to the game with my girlfriend where Kings player the Lakers on the 15th of April, but tickets are soldout so I'd have to pay over face value for them.

The Clippers are 22-10/11 at home and they are coming off a loss to the Nuggets last night....so that's either a good thing or a bad thing...

and to answer your question LMM...i don't know about Peja but Mike was not in the game to start the 2nd

GO KINGS!!

(i would really like to watch a Kings game where i didn't feel like i was gonna throw up towards the end :p)

From people who talked about him limping after the game towards the bus area , it was in the kings vs warriors game thread. Also on espn message boards, some kings were talking about . I was just wondering about the "situation".

Twix said:
Where did you hear this from???:eek:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Well, only one person has to say they heard something like that and the chatter increases 1000 fold.

There has been no official word. Yes, we heard he limped a bit prior to the last game. Could explain his bad shooting night.....no good legs under him.

At any rate, there has been no word that he would miss any playing time.

6th said:
Well, only one person has to say they heard something like that and the chatter increases 1000 fold.

There has been no official word. Yes, we heard he limped a bit prior to the last game. Could explain his bad shooting night.....no good legs under him.

At any rate, there has been no word that he would miss any playing time.
If he's hurt I say rest him. We can't afford to lose Bibby!!! Knowing Bibby even if he is hurt he'll demand to play.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SacTownKid said:
If he's hurt I say rest him. We can't afford to lose Bibby!!! Knowing Bibby even if he is hurt he'll demand to play.
I hear ya. I am not saying he is hurt, only that it was mentioned by someone that someone else saw him limping a little when he got off the bus in Oakland. In other words.........we have no idea if he is hurt.......even a little.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
The_true_KING said:
Hope they will win this one, it's my b-day today so that would be one good gift.
BO KINGS!!! :D
Your birthday is today? Well, you didn't tell us that or your name would be on the calendar. How in the heck is the Goodwill Ambassador supposed to start a birthday thread in the lounge if she doesn't know it is your birthday? :p

Wow. I'm listening to 1140 right now and Mike Lam is interviewing Pete Carrill. Pete states that Brad is the MVP on the team and when he's not playing, it hurts the team. Pete states that its great having Skinner, Thomas and Corliss on the team. He is also talking about Peja in having them create shots for Peja, and he also states Peja needs to get the bull by the horns and drive to the basket. He states Peja needs to push himself. That's about the jest of the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.