***Kings Claim Eddie House!!! (merged)

Kingfanpaul said:
anyone remember when eddie house scored 61 points in a college game?
http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/010505abf.html
FSN To Replay Historic 61-Point Effort By Eddie House Against California

Arizona State vs. Cal game in 2000 to be replayed Saturday (Jan. 8) at 6 p.m. on FSN Arizona.

Jan. 5, 2005

This Saturday marks the five-year anniversary of one of the best individual performances in collegiate basketball history and FSN Arizona is set to give Arizona State fans the opportunity to see it all once again. On Jan. 8, 2000, Eddie House lit up the California Golden Bears for 61 points in Berkeley en route to ASU's 111-108 double overtime win and FSN AZ will replay this game on Saturday, Jan. 8 at 6 p.m.

House's 61 points tied the Pac-10 record for most points in one game with UCLA's Lew Alcindor (later known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) and the total marks the only time an NCAA player has scored 60 points since the 1994-95 season. Additionally, just six players have done it since 1978 when two Division IA programs have played each other. Right after Saturday's three-hour replay, FSN Arizona goes live with more ASU men's hoops when it televises the Sun Devils game at California and it tips-off at 9 p.m. Tom Dillon does the play-by-play & former ASU basketball assistant coach Lanny Van Eman is the analyst.

Kingfanpaul said:
i know this is kind of old news now but i tried posting the day this thread started but i had to wait DAYS for my account here to be activated...so anyways...

anyone remember when eddie house scored 61 points in a college game?
nope. but welcome to the board!

Heuge said:
http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/010505abf.html
FSN To Replay Historic 61-Point Effort By Eddie House Against California

Arizona State vs. Cal game in 2000 to be replayed Saturday (Jan. 8) at 6 p.m. on FSN Arizona.

Jan. 5, 2005

This Saturday marks the five-year anniversary of one of the best individual performances in collegiate basketball history and FSN Arizona is set to give Arizona State fans the opportunity to see it all once again. On Jan. 8, 2000, Eddie House lit up the California Golden Bears for 61 points in Berkeley en route to ASU's 111-108 double overtime win and FSN AZ will replay this game on Saturday, Jan. 8 at 6 p.m.

House's 61 points tied the Pac-10 record for most points in one game with UCLA's Lew Alcindor (later known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) and the total marks the only time an NCAA player has scored 60 points since the 1994-95 season. Additionally, just six players have done it since 1978 when two Division IA programs have played each other. Right after Saturday's three-hour replay, FSN Arizona goes live with more ASU men's hoops when it televises the Sun Devils game at California and it tips-off at 9 p.m. Tom Dillon does the play-by-play & former ASU basketball assistant coach Lanny Van Eman is the analyst.

EH was on with Koz last night. He talked about that game. He said that he wanted to put on a show for his family and win the game.