Kings @ Blazers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't play like a team tonight. More like a bunch of individuals. Didn't get back on D. Didn't hustle. No mojo tonight.
Agreed-we can only win games if we pass the ball and play as a unit.
We have a PG thats dribbles the ball on every possession for 10 seconds and therefor needs to learn how to pass the ball earlier.

But he is young and will learn it sooner or unfortunalty later.

Carl Landry is one of the best 4th quarter scorers in the game, if the other 4 guys and a coach happended to have some sort of brain we wouldn't be looking so pathetic on offense in the close games

The team just needs some more talent. The team as it is won't cut it in the NBA. We have fringe NBA players composing the bench, with rookies or young guys starting. We are going in the right direction with the cap space and the young core, but the team needs an infusion of serious talent real bad.

its going to be years before these young kings player builds chemistry and start playing good ball.

dump cisco, hawes, sudoku, noc, and may
Isn't that a numbers game you play on paper?? I think you meant Udoka (I had to go look up how it was speldt...)

Why does this team look like they are all uninterested ??

The reason I felt the team lacked energy from the start shows in the increase in the missed free throws, the lack of effort on the boards even though both teams had 30 rebounds, and the way the team was moving around the court. Maybe it was just me but the team certainly lacked energy enough to win. What caused it is anyone's guess. Even the crowd seemed meek and calm even when the Kings made good plays. I can't explain it but it was like the whole game happened in slow motion for the Kings and Portland was playing at normal speed. What is wrong with this team?? They are all young and should be FULL of energy! It just makes no sense unless the atmosphere behind the scenes is not as great as one would think. Is it possible the chemistry is starting to unravel with all the losing in the locker room? Is it possible that the blowup between Tyreke and Nocconi is just the surfacing of the frustration that is going on behind the scenes in the locker room? Or the run in Beno had was a sign that everything isn't rosy for the team right now? I am sure that losing so much must be getting to some of the younger players that are used to wining and could be causing a lot of talk behind the scenes. I sure hope that certain players that know they are not part of the Kings future aren't just going through the motion. Certain players on the team do seem to just be trying to pad their numbers at the expense of the team. Jacking up shots that are not in the offense and failing to close out on shooters on defense has been going on for a while now, but I didn't think much of it until this evening. I guess this is something that the coach needs to address because the situation could get worse before it gets better if the coach doesn't nip it in the bud.

Or maybe they are all just tired and the losing is just starting to drain the life out of the whole team. Maybe some players are just showing it in different ways and it only appears that all the players are on the same page. Maybe it's just been a long season and the players know that the fans are watching the games and then going home to see where we are picking in the mock drafts. I have no idea really because I don't have any more access to the locker room or the minds of the players than anyone else. I just hope that the young kids keep their heads in the games and give it their full effort for the rest of the season. They are not going to make the playoffs, but that doesn't mean they should already be planing their summer vacations just yet! I really hope that all these players from the starting 5 to the 14th guy on the bench are still giving 100% just like they are paid to do! They get paid very good money to give it their all even if they dont get in the game that night! They should be physically and MENTALLY ready to compete every night the best that they can...

Last edited:
The team just needs some more talent. The team as it is won't cut it in the NBA. We have fringe NBA players composing the bench, with rookies or young guys starting. We are going in the right direction with the cap space and the young core, but the team needs an infusion of serious talent real bad.
100% agreed, it's just going to be tough to land a superstar type of player in the off-season with so many teams having cap space

Its an absolute must that we get a star or dominant player at the PF or C positions. At least if we ever actually want to be good. Amare Stoudamire, Bosh, Oden... I really don't care, we just need one of them.

I'm not sure if I watched the same game as everyone tonight. I was super-impressed with the D! We out-rebounded the Blazer too. It was a tough, physical game, and our young guys hung in there all the way through. We had some dumb mistakes down the stretch, sure. But this game was tough all the way through and the Kings are finally earning respectability in the toughness category.

(As an aside, I had so much more fun watching this game on mute and with music on the head phones.)

Amen.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm not sure if I watched the same game as everyone tonight. I was super-impressed with the D! We out-rebounded the Blazer too. It was a tough, physical game, and our young guys hung in there all the way through. We had some dumb mistakes down the stretch, sure. But this game was tough all the way through and the Kings are finally earning respectability in the toughness category.

(As an aside, I had so much more fun watching this game on mute and with music on the head phones.)
There is a ridiuclous amount of complaining going on in this thread.

This is how the Blazers play, every night. Its low scoring. Its tough. Its a battle. We're in their gym. They needed this game for playoff positioning. They absolutely should have beat us. They did. But we hung tough. Stop complaining. We'll get better with experience, but we continued to show that we will challenge even the good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.