Kings @ Blazers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
did not watch the last 3 games and my "substitutes" are also unable to get anything done due to busy schedule - so the thread is hre but that is about ut. I should be able to watch the game tonight.

off topic: Guys what do you think about Hassan Whiteside?:confused::rolleyes:
I checked his stats and he has 5,4 blocks a game:eek: and according to nba draft he is number 4 by now. Any ideas about this blocks maschine?;)

Need to return to rebounding hard. Hopefully JT helps. If Casspi focused on that, it might even break his slump. Get some easy putbacks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
did not watch the last 3 games and my "substitutes" are also unable to get anything done due to busy schedule - so the thread is hre but that is about ut. I should be able to watch the game tonight.
Since everyone else is busy, I guess I'll step in with my (biased and stupid) analysis.:cool:

On Sunday night, hundreds of fans gathered to watch their favorite stars parade around in gowns as they congratulated each other for nothing overtly important. And then we had the Oscars. Our loss came down to one thing and one thing alone (Okay, maybe two things but by now, I'm so sed to crappy defense that I don't even notice anymore) : REBOUNDING!

We actually played reasonably O.K. defense on their superstud ("Held" him to 28 points), played defense on their stud (If by defense you mean try to murder), and played bad enough defense to render Jeff Green invisible. For an experienced, savvy team, that should have been enough to win. We unfortunately, don't fit in that category quite yet.

The Thunder are a good rebounding team, I know (4th in the league or something like that), but that still doesn't justify Nenad Kristic grabbing 10 boards in 29 minutes to Spence ("lovingly" nicknamed Soggy Waffles by some of our boards luminaries) Hawes grabbing a dazzling 2 in 23 minutes of work.

AWARD VILLE (Because Time is soooooo last week)

TDM-James Harden did his best to justify being picked over Reke.... and Failed.

LW-VC- Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... toughie toughie... No clue... I think I'll just award another TDM to Ibaka for suddenly turning into Karl Malone.

JHA- Andes Nocioni puts up his usual contribution of 1000000000 forced shots, one well groomed goatee, and one shouting match with Reke. Another job well done, Chappu.

SAR- Decisions Decisions Noce actually used to make a shot every once in a blue moon. Now he just waits for Hailey's Comet.

RA&1- Donte and Reke both had some forces that were for sure highlight material (if they actually did something good with the ball)

?!WTF?! Moment of the Game- Reke hits a buzzer beating three despite not being able to throw a stone in the ocean earlier from the perimeter. Or maybe Landry missing so many FTs. Or maybe Hawes being out rebounded 10-2. I can't decide.

----------

Stephen throwing Prediction into the wind time.

Line-Ups and Things to Watch For:
Reke vs. Miller: Will Andre Miller sell his soul to the Devil for another dunk?
Beno vs. Roy: Will Roy attempt to score 80 against a Defensive stalwart?
Hawes vs. Camby: Will Camby's knee explode at opening tip?
Landry vs. Aldridge: Will Aldridge pull a Dirk?
Donte vs. Batum: Who will be banished to the bench first?

Kings vs. the Glass: 'Nuff said
Westphal vs. Udoka being inactive: Will he make it through the night?
Omri vs. Tired Legs: Will he manage to hit the rim?
Nocioni vs. the 3Pt. Line: Will he resist temptation (no)
JT vs. Himself: Will he foul out before halftime?
Pryzbilla vs. the shower: That's why you don't suds up your foot
Both teams Vs. the Indian Burial Ground: Who will the curse claim next?
All that and much, much more tonight.

Kings 104
Blazers 103

Rebounds: Reke 8/ Camby 534290095
Assists: Reke 6/ Miller 11
Blocks: Kings 0/ Camby 23
Steals: Reke 3/ Miller 2

I think we have a chance, the Blazers are (still kind of) banged up and if we can withstand the inevitable monster games from Roy and Camby, I think we can go to Reke Night with a W under our belts.

Though I still don't know how we're going to replace Udoka in our rotation. ;)

Last edited:
This may be a shocker to some, Ime Udoka is inactive tonight :eek:
Ime was born in Portland, a high school star there and played for the Portland State University Vikings. Statistically, probably had his best year in the NBA with the Portland Trailblazers. I'm sure he loves to return home and play in the Rose Garden - just missing this one.

@ tetsujin: I thought about notifying you too, maybe I will next time.

This is a hit and run, I'll try not to disappoint again, everybody. Back later.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Excellent write-up. One thing you forgot to mention: with Udoka inactive, Westphal's potential lineup combinations dropped by 25.

Here are some examples of what we will not see tonight -

PG - Udoka
SG - Evans
SF - Greene
PF - Thompson
C - Hawes

or

PG - Evans
SG - Udoka
SF - Casspi
PF - Landry
C - Hawes

or

PG - Udoka
SG - Udoka
SF - Udoka
PF - Udoka
C - Hawes (because 5 Udokas on the court would be silly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.