[Game] Kings at Thunder, Friday 11/12/21, 5 PM PST (8 PM EST)

Why did Tetsujin not post the game thread?

• He has a life

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • He decided to turn in his Kings fandom for a used Q-Tip

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • MASSIVE KAIJU FIGHT!!

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • He wanted Capt. to post a really crappy game thread to highlight the contrast

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked like they were both faking a screen and deliberately went past which maybe makes sense to try to get an open look at a 3 (which is a very Kings thing to do in a tie game). But Fox wasn’t looking to pass so idk what the hell was happening
Yeah, they might have thought the Thunder would double as well. Barnes coming up if they double on Fox he swings it. If they double on Barnes, open lane. Then just ran the same thing for Buddy. Same rules. The Thunder stayed man to man and pressured.

The laughing stock now completely unbearable. This must end before disaster in Detroit as I'm listening to Walton pathetic "no excuses" presser. WALTON.jpg Fire Walton NOW!

Speaking as someone who has not watched a lot of kings basketball the last couple of years, is fox really the leader of this team? Halliburton looks like more of a leader. Maybe I’m wrong……….

Fox doesn’t look like the guy I remember the kings drafting.
I’m not sure I’ve seen fox smile more than a couple times all year. The charismatic face of the franchise is no longer. I just don’t see the passion from him at all this year.

Get the marshmallows. We've got assistant coaches fighting with other teams FO personnel on the floor after games. Number 2 picks refusing to play. A zombie horde riding the pine. This is entertainment! This is KANGZ basketball!
Seriously. How did this go from very promising, to incredibly pathetic so quickly? At this point I want to complain about the Kings until I die. I never want to see them win ever again!

I always forget after training camp that every team “has a great camp” and “the guys are really gelling”. It literally gets me every year. Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me 15 years in a row….
Hire fools and you get foolishness. Be owned by fools that keep getting fooled by politicians and don't watch too much if you're a fan. Otherwise you're the fool, haha.

I’m not sure I’ve seen fox smile more than a couple times all year. The charismatic face of the franchise is no longer. I just don’t see the passion from him at all this year.
I don't like to comment on things I have no way of knowing, but there definitely seems to be something wrong with Fox's mental state. He looks and acts like he doesn't care right now. I don't know if it's something in his personal life or something with the team but it's pretty glaring. I was hoping he was just disappointed with himself for his slow start but something else seems to be up here for sure. He just doesn't seem engaged with the game a good portion of the time.

I don't like to comment on things I have no way of knowing, but there definitely seems to be something wrong with Fox's mental state. He looks and acts like he doesn't care right now. I don't know if it's something in his personal life or something with the team but it's pretty glaring. I was hoping he was just disappointed with himself for his slow start but something else seems to be up here for sure. He just doesn't seem engaged with the game a good portion of the time.
Maybe the Simmons chatter is getting to him?

Bad turnover, worse play call. That was the moment to run a quick middle pick and roll to get one of the better defenders off your guy. Ran a 1-4 flat into a slip SG screen. Can't make it up folks!
Totally agree here. Yes Fox screwed up. But he shouldn’t have been put in that situation. You have the whole shot clock. As soon as I saw Dort on Fox, I thought someone set a screen to get him off Fox, preferably a weaker defender. Nope. Let’s just keep one of the leagues better defenders on Fox and let him get his pocket picked. Sigh

Which would Kings fans rather have right here and now if could only have one "wish." Walton fired before game on Monday in Detroit or Fox traded to Philly for Simmons if could make basically straight up one-for-one deal?

Totally agree here. Yes Fox screwed up. But he shouldn’t have been put in that situation. You have the whole shot clock. As soon as I saw Dort on Fox, I thought someone set a screen to get him off Fox, preferably a weaker defender. Nope. Let’s just keep one of the leagues better defenders on Fox and let him get his pocket picked. Sigh
And Fox didn't give up an 18 point lead by himself. Yes, shame on the players for looking like they didn't give a crap outside of what came easy but just like last season, this is on Monte's plate now. Make your move chicken. He ran this back without doing what he needed to do positionally in terms of needs. He let the Marvin Bagley situation fester. He left Buddy hanging (thankfully Buddy is Buddy otherwise this would tear a lockeroom apart by itself). Is he a real GM? Or just a front so Dumars can run things from the shadows without the glare of the spotlight?

Which would Kings fans rather have right here and now if could only have one "wish." Walton fired before game on Monday in Detroit or Fox traded to Philly for Simmons if could make basically straight up one-for-one deal?
This isn't close. Walton gone. We at least know Fox is a great player that's struggling right now. Walton is now on what? year 5 of being a crap head coach?

Agree. The Kings best player should’ve had the ball in his hands. Not Fox.

Walton. But I'll admit, I'm worried they'll just hand the keys over to Gentry which probably doesn't change a darn thing at this point. Last year it might have jazzed up the players on shock value alone, got them into the play in, and if it worked it gave Gentry a preseason to work with. Clean out Walton and Gentry and give a young coach with potential a shot like say... Bobby Jackson. If they still suck, good, you've got a cheap coach on the upswing that we have seen FIRST HAND help develop young players. He did a great job in summer league, he already knows these guys, and is beloved by the community. The stars align right over Viveks head time after time and all he sees is the dark, empty space in between it all. I swear.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah, they might have thought the Thunder would double as well. Barnes coming up if they double on Fox he swings it. If they double on Barnes, open lane. Then just ran the same thing for Buddy. Same rules. The Thunder stayed man to man and pressured.
Buddy was supposed to set a screen to free up Fox or at worse have him guarded by a big. Instead Buddy slipped the screen letting OKC's best defender free to guard Fox. That last play was Buddy's fault. I might add that Buddy's defense was non-existent in this game. He constantly lost his man or switched when he didn't need to. He was downright awful. By the way, I hate the one/four flat play. It's just to easy to defend, and it leaves you with no time if your first option isn't there. You have a full 24 seconds and that's the best you can come up with Mr. Walton?

Why wasn't Haliburton on the floor for the last play of the game. Why when we went up 18 pts with Holmes and Metu on the floor, did Walton go small and let the other team go on something like a 32 to 14 run. We got killed on the boards every time we went small. Why, when we desperately needed a stop, wasn't Mitchell on the floor instead of Buddy. If I hear Walton say you have to give the other team credit one more time, I'm going vomit. I've been watching this same crap for 15 years, and I'm about done with it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ya, I’m Team Trade. Idk what’s up with Fox. He’s better than this. But this season is concerning as hell. From his game to his seeming disconnected from it all. It’s so strange.
Here's a question for you. On one of the last plays, after the Thunder had just scored we saw Haliburton rush over to the ref to get the ball to get it in play, I assume to push it up the floor, but when Hali inbounds the ball to Fox, he slowly walks the ball up the floor. What am I missing here? The player I see pushing the ball up the floor most often is Haliburton, when Fox is the speedster. I'm confused. By the way, Holmes should be paying part of Haliburtons salary!

Eff Dort. Normally he wouldn’t have much of a chance to keep Swipa in front of him. But something is wrong with the kid this season. Doesn’t have the speed or burst. Doesn’t seem to have desire either.

Nice Q4 collapse, KINGS. Against a crap team, again.

Just like last season, a somewhat promising start blown up by a long losing streak. Sad part is, the KINGS have more talent than most these teams they‘re losing to. But like with Fox individually, something is off and broken with this team.

Walton‘s direction has something to do with it, but I think there’s more to it than that.

Anyway, it was a (semi) fun season while it lasted. I know better than to hope for a sudden turnaround. I’m sure they‘ve got some 9 game losing streaks in store for us,

Meanwhile the freaking Warriors can’t lose. Must be nice to not be cursed.

ummmm Fox isn't the greatest and he isn't a franchise player but im definitely on the side of firing Luke before we even think about moving Fox. Let's not get carried away! Walton is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.