[Game] Kings at Spurs, Friday December 6, 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least buddy took the blame on the loss. A lot of players contributed to the loss but he knew he blew that play in the end and owned it.
Interesting to know! Normally I would applaud the leadership and taking of responsibility, but this loss WAS mostly his fault. Brain farts from other players paled in comparison to Buddy's multiple blown plays, and their contributions almost all surpassed his. He can apologize by watching film and being coachable.

You can be a fan of a team and admit when they do stupid things. It's called being a rational fan. It's the blind leading the blind at KF.com
1.25 years in, and I'm not yet ready to say we made the wrong decision. That's the disconnect. We will find out over the years. Marvin has played 1 game this season...remember when tyreke evans was clearly better than steph curry?

Just watched the replay after work. Wow. Roast Buddy for that last play, sure... but man, Co "Point?Guard" Jo... seems like a nice dude, but what is the point? The team knows he will dribble in circles with no objective. Unreal. Backing down a player for 3 seconds from the 3 point line late in the game.. I mean... wow.

Aside from all that, this offense looks like trash. All simple actions and a lot of iso's. I almost miss watching Jason Thompson fumbling the ball and/or taking 10 seconds to gather before getting his dunk attempt blocked. Nah, just kidding!:D

I’d be happy with 20/9/9 for Luka, 20/10 for Bagley and a Kings win.

actually I don’t care about stat, I’d just be happy with a Kings win

Just watched the replay after work. Wow. Roast Buddy for that last play, sure... but man, Co "Point?Guard" Jo... seems like a nice dude, but what is the point? The team knows he will dribble in circles with no objective. Unreal. Backing down a player for 3 seconds from the 3 point line late in the game.. I mean... wow.

Aside from all that, this offense looks like trash. All simple actions and a lot of iso's. I almost miss watching Jason Thompson fumbling the ball and/or taking 10 seconds to gather before getting his dunk attempt blocked. Nah, just kidding!:D
I agree about CoJo. I acknowledged that the downward spiral started with his back-to-back turnovers.

Buddy just decided there needed to be a cherry on top.

Interesting to know! Normally I would applaud the leadership and taking of responsibility, but this loss WAS mostly his fault. Brain farts from other players paled in comparison to Buddy's multiple blown plays, and their contributions almost all surpassed his. He can apologize by watching film and being coachable.
Bull. Did you happen to watch CoJo choking the entire 4th quarter? Or Ariza choking 2 of the most wide open end of game 3s you can get in that situation?

But sure, pile on Buddy

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bull. Did you happen to watch CoJo choking the entire 4th quarter? Or Ariza choking 2 of the most wide open end of game 3s you can get in that situation?

But sure, pile on Buddy
1. There's more than enough blame to go around.
2. CoJo isn't making a bazillion dollars.
3. We expect and need a lot more from Buddy Hield than we do CoJo.
4. See #1

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One final thought?

I love this team but I don't like them very much right now. It's not a good night to be a Kings fan. But, at least it's not snowing here in this part of the forest. We're just getting rain - inches and inches of rain - at the moment.

Or Ariza choking 2 of the most wide open end of game 3s you can get in that situation?

But sure, pile on Buddy
Likely wouldn’t have needed those shots from Ariza in OT if Buddy didn’t go Buddy at the end of regulation. Or if CoJo didn’t decide to play give away the final 90 seconds. So there’s that.

I find it harder to damn players for poor play in an OT that shouldn’t have been.

But I circle back to this not being the 1st time Buddy has done something like this. He’s quickly become known as a player that makes poor decisions throughout a game. That’s what makes it harder to forgive and why he’s become an easy target.

While Fox is out the Kings need to play Yogi @PG and have Bogi/Barnes play point forward when he's on the bench, Cojo has the worst court vision I have seen for a non-scoring PG in my life the amount of wide open people he misses is a feat in itself.

Also Buddy after all his moaning about wanting to get paid has not returned the favor this year.

While Fox is out the Kings need to play Yogi @PG and have Bogi/Barnes play point forward when he's on the bench, Cojo has the worst court vision I have seen for a non-scoring PG in my life the amount of wide open people he misses is a feat in itself.

Also Buddy after all his moaning about wanting to get paid has not returned the favor this year.
The sad thing is if Cojo would pass it out more it would open his game a lot.

Fortunately I turned the game off in the middle of the 2nd quarter. Never watched high school football on tv until the last week. The division championship’s at Canton hall of fame stadium and last nights game was the division 1 teams and it was a great game.

I will not watch any other game in the NBA but the Kings and will tune into the next game.

Having said all of the above I actually believe our team is fighting and for along time many teams pretty much penciled us in for a win but we have to be one of the teams they know they will be in a tough game.

Buddy’s has been making bone headed plays in clutch situations since he came here. Fox getting hurt has put the ball into unsafe hands but without him that’s what we have.

As far as who’s best Bagley or what’s his name I am still happy with our pick. If Bagley’s continues to miss chunks of each season for what ever reason I can start to doubt my choice but it could be a few other names besides what’s his name.

One final thought?

I love this team but I don't like them very much right now. It's not a good night to be a Kings fan. But, at least it's not snowing here in this part of the forest. We're just getting rain - inches and inches of rain - at the moment.
I like your post that mentions things like rain or snow as it brings back good memories of living in the California mountains. Was lucky as I never had water in the house but remember putting sand bags out a few times living in the valley. But living above foresthill had more than a couple times with a wet cold storm dumping snow where I couldn’t see the top off my cars for a few days.

daves tweet is why I quit this team years ago. It took some doing since this team has been part of my life since they were doing training camp at consumnes before the 1985 season. It took a re-evaluating period in my life when I went over some toxic aspects of my life to finally see the light regarding this team. Why was I contributing so much time (and money) to something that was making me so unhappy? Because someone would call me a bad fan? A bandwaggoner? Big deal. Don’t care what other people think.
Today the kings are just filler in my sports life. Sports is what it should have been all along, simply entertainment. If it’s not entertaining me I don’t spend my time on it. I cruise the Sacramento fan sites to see what you good people are saying and I watch teams or players that are entertaining and fun to watch. And I have landed on another team and player that I consistently watch now.

This teams core problems start with ownership and nothing will change until that dude and his philosophies are gone. Unfortunately nothing can be done about him so fans are gonna be pulling their hair out for the foreseeable future. It sucks because this city and it’s fans deserve so much better than this wreck of a franchise.

Last edited:
I was really content when the Kings were down in this game. They were just missing open shots, but playing some pretty smart basketball. All was good. If they play smart and hard, but miss open shots I could live with that. But then it all went to ****. So much was wrong at the end. For the life of me, I do not understand why Walton did not have Justin James in the game for defense and Buddy Hield out for non-defense when the Kings were up by three with 14 seconds to play. Maybe it's just me, but I'll take rookie Justin James on D over Buddy Hield in that situation every single time. And then in overtime, when Christie was saying that he'd like to see the ball go through Barnes on offense I was yelling, "Yes, Yes, YES!" But to no avail. Devastating crushing loss.
Yep. Why Walton didn’t put James in for that last play was a total brain cramp. I think he also depends on Ariza too much who is cooked. I think we played better when he was out.

But sure, pile on Buddy
Here is the play with Belinelli shot.

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/12/0...ramento-kings-san-antonio-spurs-3-pointer-4q/

Yes, Buddy played it stupid but can someone tell me why Ariza is chasing the role guy and and not switching and staying with his man on the perimeter when we are up by 3? Just a few days ago we praised James for switching and blowing up the Portland play.

Had Ariza stayed on the perimeter he would have been free to switch onto Belinelli and Buddy could have recovered to the screener after his boneheaded steps into the lane.

Follow that up with Ariza’s two open bricks in overtime and it seems like Ariza and not Buddy should be taking the blame for this crapfest.

Likely wouldn’t have needed those shots from Ariza in OT if Buddy didn’t go Buddy at the end of regulation. Or if CoJo didn’t decide to play give away the final 90 seconds. So there’s that.

I find it harder to damn players for poor play in an OT that shouldn’t have been.

But I circle back to this not being the 1st time Buddy has done something like this. He’s quickly become known as a player that makes poor decisions throughout a game. That’s what makes it harder to forgive and why he’s become an easy target.
Dude again. Look at the play and tell me exactly what Ariza is doing that last play?

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/12/0...ramento-kings-san-antonio-spurs-3-pointer-4q/

Here is the play with Belinelli shot.

Yes, Buddy played it stupid but can someone tell me why Ariza is chasing the role guy and and not switching and staying with his man on the perimeter when we are up by 3? Just a few days ago we praised James for switching and blowing up the Portland play.

Had Ariza stayed on the perimeter he would have been free to switch onto Belinelli and Buddy could have recovered to the screener after his boneheaded steps into the lane.

Follow that up with Ariza’s two open bricks in overtime and it seems like Ariza and not Buddy should be taking the blame for this crapfest.
Yeah both Buddy and Ariza got baited into collapsing on that play. Ugh.

He does watch film and is coachable. He just isn’t that basketball smart. At that point, it’s on the coach for having him in that situation guarding the most likely 3 point shooter.

Buddy took the blame but he shouldn’t have.

Blame Walton, who knows who he is, for putting him in that spot and not having James in the line-up.

Blame Ariza who should have been there to switch onto Belinelli but was instead standing alone in the lane when we were down by 3 and then bricked two 3 pointers after Buddy got the rebound.

Buddy is a nice guy and is wrongly taking the blame for this one which btw will only make him press more and miss more shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.