[Game] Kings at Lakers 3/2/12

I don't know if I can watch these guys anymore. Yes, Smart is an improvement over Westphal, but it's like going from an F to a D. He has no clue how to use the guys we have and how rotations work.

I don't know if I can watch these guys anymore. Yes, Smart is an improvement over Westphal, but it's like going from an F to a D. He has no clue how to use the guys we have and how rotations work.
I know what you mean. Playing competitive basketball against contenders is such a drag to watch.

We really aren't playing that bad. Leaving shooters open and transition defense has been poor, but were right in it. Second game of a back to back as well. Not perfect, but fighting.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Seriously, enough is this s***.

We're down. MT is 5-7. Reke is 4-7. Both were heating up right before going to the bench.

Has anyone ever seen a coach leaving starters on the bench until under the 3min mark of EVERY 2nd quarter?

We need another big. When Demarcus is off the floor we are way too small.
Well DG isn't a typical big, he has the physical dimensions to hang with some bigs like Pau... However I think JT might be a better choice (minus his offensive production so far and last game). I think JT would give us a better rebounding presence but so far it seems to be working

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
The problem with being a guard dependent offense is that you're relying on outside shots more than inside looks for offense. When they don't fall, there's nothing to rely on.

wtf where are thornton and evans!!! how does a coach leave 2 of its 3 best players on the bench when they were both playing well? Would the lakers leave gasol and bynum on the bench for no good reason?

The problem with being a guard dependent offense is that you're relying on outside shots more than inside looks for offense. When they don't fall, there's nothing to rely on.
we usually attack the rim, but the lakers length is scaring our gaurds. our defense has been abysmal and we have had limited chances to run. We are playing the lakers game and are lucky to be down by 7.

Ladies and gentleman that is our wonderful coach that will lead us into the future. Let 2 of our 3 most damaging players from the first quarter sit almost the entire 2nd quarter and lets go midget ball against the Lakers' towering front court.

We should trade Cousins and JT for Barea and Flynn respectively so we can have an awesome team under 6'6!

65 points in a half. Fantastic. We have a coach who simply does not know how to put proper line-ups on the floor. What in the world is going on? I wish we had a proper coach

we usually attack the rim, but the lakers length is scaring our gaurds. our defense has been abysmal and we have had limited chances to run. We are playing the lakers game and are lucky to be down by 7.
Funny that! I thought 6'6 C and equally tall PF is the way to win! ;)

Every time we come up against tall frontline I want to pull my hair our and I get depressed how we have managed to blow up our strengths from last year in a single, shortened off-season!

A major issue is a lack of effort on defense. Being lazy getting back, leaving wide open shooters. That's not a rotational problem, that's a personal problem