[Game] Kings at Grizzlies, Thursday May 13th, 5 PM Pacific (8 PM Eastern)

Coaching battle goes to Jenkins he set the game up (albeit not perfectly) so his team would have gas at the end while Walton burned up JJ and the others like a candle. LOL. Vivek and Monte, and hey Fox, when it comes time to strategize, this dudes going to bite you. Figure it out now before you waste another season.

Coaching battle goes to Jenkins he set the game up (albeit not perfectly) so his team would have gas at the end while Walton burned up JJ and the others like a candle. LOL. Vivek and Monte, and hey Fox, when it comes time to strategize, this dudes going to bite you. Figure it out now before you waste another season.
We will no doubt hear the line "the guys in there were playing well so..."

So what. Set the expectation that when you get subbed in, do your job and keep it going. Luke is giving players permission to have bad days whether he knows it or not.

They should extend him.
Monte is supposedly a smart guy, how is this not clear that the only things going for him is when players explode. It's been Fox this year, Buddy at times both this year and last, and Davis lately. Justin James tonight. How you manage those moments is what matters and when the pressure is on it's always something. Gassing guys out, wasting a timeout here, drawing up a play for someone who shouldn't have a play drawn up for them there, not running the same play down others teams' throats when it's working, etc. LeBron got one whiff because it was all he needed. Walton in the end has some positives but c'mon man. Start fresh or don't start at all. Sorry Foxy.

We will no doubt hear the line "the guys in there were playing well so..."

So what. Set the expectation that when you get subbed in, do your job and keep it going. Luke is giving players permission to have bad days whether he knows it or not.
I could buy the injuries or Holmes being out being a factor but this is the same story all year when things get tight and that said, the minutes they played isn't even the issue, it's how they are DISPERSED. I've said it before, look at Adelman tape. He had a decent system to steal rest while playing a tight 8 1/2 -9 man rotation.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Monte is supposedly a smart guy, how is this not clear that the only things going for him is when players explode. It's been Fox this year, Buddy at times both this year and last, and Davis lately. Justin James tonight. How you manage those moments is what matters and when the pressure is on it's always something. Gassing guys out, wasting a timeout here, drawing up a play for someone who shouldn't have a play drawn up for them there, not running the same play down others teams' throats when it's working, etc. LeBron got one whiff because it was all he needed. Walton in the end has some positives but c'mon man. Start fresh or don't start at all. Sorry Foxy.
but they played so hard down the stretch the players love him almost playoffs better two year record than GOAT yogurt next year is the year for sure.

JJ has surpassed season highs in scoring for Buddy and HB (30 each).
Makes you wonder. So, did taking one of the best catch and shoot players in the league and turning him into a PG (which he has exceeded expectations btw) or your number 2 pick, pnr athlete and turning him into a floor spacer spot shooter work here fellas? Vivek and Monte don't be delusional. Sometimes reality backs up the stats and history will help you predict your future. Don't be the pre-LeBron Lakers. It was a ****show.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Makes you wonder. So, did taking one of the best catch and shoot players in the league and turning him into a PG (which he has exceeded expectations btw) or your number 2 pick, pnr athlete and turning him into a floor spacer spot shooter work here fellas? Vivek and Monte don't be delusional. Sometimes reality backs up the stats and history will help you predict your future. Don't be the pre-LeBron Lakers. It was a ****show.
It is an ultimate sick wave of irony that the perfect coach for this roster is Nuggets era George Karl.

It is an ultimate sick wave of irony that the perfect coach for this roster is Nuggets era George Karl.
It's Kangz. The Maloofs were close both numerically and in real life but it's time to sell this team to the actual 3 stooges and get this garbage over with. Let the yuck yucks and slaps commence.

This is the reason why I defend players on this team. They are not put in a position to succeed, yet they are taking all of the blame.

This game again shows again the shortcoming of Holmes. He always struggles against legit 7 footer.
he does struggle against the bigger centers on D but Haliburton and Fox both get roasted regularly as well. The question is is offensive efficiency and overall defense worth the downside

Well the year long troll job for those hoping for a top 5 pick and for those hoping for the playoffs has ended. All that is left is to win one of the next games against a team resting their real players so that we claim our rightful spot at 10 in the draft.

Kings a rudderless ship with no direction.

Well the year long troll job for those hoping for a top 5 pick and for those hoping for the playoffs has ended. All that is left is to win one of the next games against a team resting their real players so that we claim our rightful spot at 10 in the draft.

Kings a rudderless ship with no direction.
I disagree on one part of that, there is a rudder there. Quite a few but the captain has a knack for finding icebergs. This will be interesting. We now find out if Monte has any power or any sense. What's the direction now? Development? Or a continued clean up? I mean, those might not even be mutually exclusive.

I disagree on one part of that, there is a rudder there. Quite a few but the captain has a knack for finding icebergs. This will be interesting. We now find out if Monte has any power or any sense. What's the direction now? Development? Or a continued clean up? I mean, those might not even be mutually exclusive.
keep all options open and don’t choose one.

It’s a truism of all strategy; those who don’t commit to a strategy lose out to those who do. Monte has managed to prove the point. Sadly it will be harder next year absent luck or a genius draft pick. Monte did well with Hali and we shall see in a year or two how good he is.

People have found stars in the teens. Maybe Monte is one of them. If he is that good then I wish he kept some of those 2nd round picks. But as usual the Kings strategy has no consistency.

Or imagine if this team handed over the reins to their own Nate McMillan during one of those ridiculous multiple game losing streaks. Instead, they stayed the course, stuck at the 50 yard line.
Perhaps. You blame it all on Luke and I split it with Monte. In true Kings fashion I’m sure Luke will be gone and we will see in a few years who is correct.

Perhaps. You blame it all on Luke and I split it with Monte. In true Kings fashion I’m sure Luke will be gone and we will see in a few years who is correct.
I think I've been fairly routine on both. The on court blame is ones, the long term strategy and decision making while allowing the one in charge of the on court ones to stay in power is on the other. A few years? LA happened. He was behind the 8 ball before he came into the picture. I'm not sure what kind of connects Walton has but he's on that Joerger line where there are no guarantees unless the politics you've played are top notch and from the looks of it for him they aren't too shabby. In the end it sounds like this is going to stay roughly the same because Fox is just happy Walton has given him the keys but when does Fox get tired of carrying that dead weight? As it is we are back to hoping Walton can stay out of his own way because that's basically all there is to it. When having done it the team looked pretty good. The first bump was when he tried reinstating his system after they went on a streak. He's done that more than a few times, he can't be relied upon not to do it again.

Last edited:
The Grizz have a legitimate playoff seeding consideration and are playing a sub-.500 team missing probably 5 of its top 6 players. And they have 15 turnovers, a huge number of those unforced, and are playing as sloppy as they could possibly hope to. I'm stunned at their incompetence.
That’s because Memphis isn’t all that good. Aside from Ja Morant, who wasn’t good in this game, I’ve never thought any of their other players move the needle much.