[Game] Kings at Celtics, 1/25/2022 4:30pm PT/7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Just checked the score, oh man, what a beat down. 13 points in the first? I guess at least it beats that one time we only scored 4.

I guess you're technically correct???

12-20 under Gentry .375
6-11 under Walton .352

Sign Gentry to a long-term deal immediately!!!!
And the players do look a lot better. Still not good enough. Monte, whether it's bull or not has revealed his cards. Fox/Haliburton. That's his hand. Now there is no question as to expectations. Honeymoon is over. We see you Monte, what are you going to do?

Did he really say that?!

Like.... dude is just here to collect a check and be a wiseass at pressers, huh? Such leadership.
I think it was a joke…. Kind of like the team.

Let’s just hope Monte doesn’t trade multiple 1st round picks for Grant to try to keep Vivek from being a laughingstock.

Did he really say that?!

Like.... dude is just here to collect a check and be a wiseass at pressers, huh? Such leadership.
No, he did not say that tonight. I was just projecting my sarcasm. But Gentry did say Kings put on worst performance ever saw few weeks ago - forget which debacle that waso_O

No, he did not say that tonight. I was just projecting my sarcasm. But Gentry did say Kings put on worst performance ever saw few weeks ago - forget which debacle that waso_O
When you run down all things Gentry has said it first started with, "I'm not going to change anything Luke was doing." Followed by, "I'll have to find someone that can." Now onto, "We have to play offense and defense".

At this point all we can do is be snarky and laugh. My only fear is we mortgage the future to try to make the 10 seed.
That’s why these losses are good. I’m worried we go for it if we are 2-3 games out at the deadline. If we are 6-7 games out I don’t think even we’d be done enough to try.

So…besides maybe Queta, who do the Kings have in development that looks like they might be able to help the team at some point?

I’m coming up with something between nothing and not much.

That’s why these losses are good. I’m worried we go for it if we are 2-3 games out at the deadline. If we are 6-7 games out I don’t think even we’d be done enough to try.
Perhaps though if you consider roughly half the teams make the play-offs just off random chance the odds are 1.084 in a 100,000 to match what we have accomplished.

So don’t ever underestimate our chances of making the wrong move.

Agreed with this take here. This stretch is really important to bottom out because it might FINALLY be enough to convince Vivek that it's fool-hardy to try to continue for the 10 seed. If a 2-6, 1-7 stretch after getting our ass kicked by 53 doesn't wake him up, then it's literally pointless to continue talking about this team because nothing will.

Agreed with this take here. This stretch is really important to bottom out because it might FINALLY be enough to convince Vivek that it's fool-hardy to try to continue for the 10 seed. If a 2-6, 1-7 stretch after getting our ass kicked by 53 doesn't wake him up, then it's literally pointless to continue talking about this team because nothing will.
yup like I’ve been saying, we haven’t hit rock bottom YET, but it’s visible now. If Vivek continues to meddle even after hitting rock bottom, I won’t change teams but ill just stop watching until they maybe one day get good

So…besides maybe Queta, who do the Kings have in development that looks like they might be able to help the team at some point?

I’m coming up with something between nothing and not much.
Everyone that said they would rather watch players like Ramsey, Woodard and king play need to watch the 4th quarter. They just aren’t good. It’s not even like they played against Celtics starters. They got beat by their scrubs too. The starters didn’t do any better but that’s a whole different can of worms.

Everyone that said they would rather watch players like Ramsey, Woodard and king play need to watch the 4th quarter. They just aren’t good. It’s not even like they played against Celtics starters. They got beat by their scrubs too. The starters didn’t do any better but that’s a whole different can of worms.
Our guys looked like complete stiffs.

They looked way more interested in getting their stats up rather than playing as a team.

Not the point. It's find out if any of them can be a long-term piece with a consistent role/playing time. It's a no lose situation:

1. We very likely lose a ton of games. Gets us in line for a franchise changing talent
2. If we do win, it's on the back of young players that could be apart of the future core. Development for the future.
3. If anyone does pop, you drastically upgrade your talent base for no capital investment. Guys like Ayo Dosonmu and Herb Jones are thriving with their given opportunity and those teams got a nice rotational piece/potential starter for 2nd round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.