Kings at 9

IMO this pandemic year put Bogi in forced rest over the summer. He is fresher than we have ever seen him since he always plays for his National Team. We Kings Fans have seen Bogi play a lot. Do you honestly think he would be a difference maker on the Kings?
Hawks players now publicly laughing at the Kings for letting Bogi go after he led them to a win over Miami... hey we are used to getting ridicule

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news...-letting-bogdan-bogdanovic-sign-with-atlanta/

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hawks players now publicly laughing at the Kings for letting Bogi go after he led them to a win over Miami... hey we are used to getting ridicule

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news...-letting-bogdan-bogdanovic-sign-with-atlanta/
So f'ing what? Trae "I Think A 42-Foot Jumper Is A Great Shot" Young is laughing at us. SO? WHAT?

I mean, seriously, do we have the courage of our convictions in the direction of our franchise, or are we going to succumb to high-school bullies who laugh at us on social media?

If you want to give up because Trae Young f'ing LAUGHED at us, hey, fine. But honestly, grow a f'ing spine and stop worrying about what the other losers are saying about us.

So f'ing what? Trae "I Think A 42-Foot Jumper Is A Great Shot" Young is laughing at us. SO? WHAT?

I mean, seriously, do we have the courage of our convictions in the direction of our franchise, or are we going to succumb to high-school bullies who laugh at us on social media?

If you want to give up because Trae Young f'ing LAUGHED at us, hey, fine. But honestly, grow a f'ing spine and stop worrying about what the other losers are saying about us.
Heck I agree with them and have from the beginning....

Bruh I couldn't want him back less now that we're seemingly locked into 7th lottery spot.

The only regret now is that we didn't do more to tear down Vlades roster, not bring back the only piece we got rid of so we can get the full 33 win, 10th pick experience.

Bruh I couldn't want him back less now that we're seemingly locked into 7th lottery spot.

The only regret now is that we didn't do more to tear down Vlades roster, not bring back the only piece we got rid of so we can get the full 33 win, 10th pick experience.
That’s fair too. I was okay with the choice if your goal was to do a rebuild. But that direction is not what we did. Oh and we are far from locked in at the 7 spot. Those Davis, Harkless and Wright acquisitions are enough to beat OKC’s G league roster 3 times.

Anyone giving credence to the Trae Young article should have their head examined. Reminder: Bogdanovich wasnt very good here. Selfish and a chucker.
Selfish and a Chucker..... guess you perhaps missed watching Bogi and Lou passing and shooting and blowing up the Bucks..... wish we had a chucker who could go for 32.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Selfish and a Chucker..... guess you perhaps missed watching Bogi and Lou passing and shooting and blowing up the Bucks..... wish we had a chucker who could go for 32.
Yeah, but I sure didn’t miss watching him while he was here.......like, when it actually mattered to the Kings.

Benefits of weak ownership/GM. Caving to pressure when your team wasn't ready to move all-in yet. Hawks are a solid team, but they're now capped out and basically no chance of beating the elite teams in either conference.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be in ATL position than ours and actually getting to enjoy the playoffs for once.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Heck I agree with them and have from the beginning....
Whatever happened with Bogdanovic needed to happen a year earlier, but it didn't. McNair was handed a very bad situation, which he tried to make the best of by making the trade for DiVincenzo, which self destructed thanks to the Bucks leaking it too soon. Aside from that, what did you want him to do? Match the offer? When you add up the five salaries of Buddy, Barnes, Bagley, Haliburton and Fox for next year it adds up to $86,492,195.00. Add Bogi's 17 mil to that and suddenly we have $103,492,190.00 tied up in six players. The cap is projected to be around 108 mil, maybe.

So we would be almost capped out with just six players. We need to resign Holmes. I'm not even counting the salaries of
Wright, Davis, Guy, Woodard etc. Do we want to resign Harkless? Good luck with that. Does that look like a championship team to you?, or does it look like a team that maybe makes the playoff's every year and goes out in the first round. Just good enough to make the playoffs, and not bad enough to get a high enough draft pick to get an impact player.

I loved Bogi's game and him as an individual, but I would have done the same thing McNair did at that point in time. He inherited a mess and decided the best thing to do was take the loss rather than risk going into financial hell. As far as some Hawks laughing at us, who the hell cares? It would be one thing if we dumped him because we thought he wasn't very good. But that's not the case! We knew what Bogi was capable of, we just couldn't afford him. Give credit to the Hawks GM. He saw an opportunity. He knew we were in a bad spot, and he jumped on the chance. Kudo's to him. Hopefully sometime in the future we can repay the favor..

Whatever happened with Bogdanovic needed to happen a year earlier, but it didn't. McNair was handed a very bad situation, which he tried to make the best of by making the trade for DiVincenzo, which self destructed thanks to the Bucks leaking it too soon. Aside from that, what did you want him to do? Match the offer? When you add up the five salaries of Buddy, Barnes, Bagley, Haliburton and Fox for next year it adds up to $86,492,195.00. Add Bogi's 17 mil to that and suddenly we have $103,492,190.00 tied up in six players. The cap is projected to be around 108 mil, maybe.

So we would be almost capped out with just six players. We need to resign Holmes. I'm not even counting the salaries of
Wright, Davis, Guy, Woodard etc. Do we want to resign Harkless? Good luck with that. Does that look like a championship team to you?, or does it look like a team that maybe makes the playoff's every year and goes out in the first round. Just good enough to make the playoffs, and not bad enough to get a high enough draft pick to get an impact player.

I loved Bogi's game and him as an individual, but I would have done the same thing McNair did at that point in time. He inherited a mess and decided the best thing to do was take the loss rather than risk going into financial hell. As far as some Hawks laughing at us, who the hell cares? It would be one thing if we dumped him because we thought he wasn't very good. But that's not the case! We knew what Bogi was capable of, we just couldn't afford him. Give credit to the Hawks GM. He saw an opportunity. He knew we were in a bad spot, and he jumped on the chance. Kudo's to him. Hopefully sometime in the future we can repay the favor..
So to answer your question, it depends on what my organizational goal was.

If my goal was to make the play-offs this year... I would have matched any thing below 20 which by the time of the Hawks offer you knew they couldn’t exceed and looked to bring Buddy off the bench and/or dump Buddy in the year.

If my goal was to reset (what I would have chosen) I would have decided I wasn’t going to match anything over 15 (which Bogi was sure to get) so I would have negotiated at worst a 2nd and gotten a trade exception. The Hawks would for sure given up a second to avoid the poison pills in the contract. I would have then used that Trade exception if possible at the deadline to take an asset for a pick.

my issues with McNair are:
1) No planning for a very predictable situation
2) No consistency or committing to a strategy in a year that offered you more flexibility than any year

Benefits of weak ownership/GM. Caving to pressure when your team wasn't ready to move all-in yet. Hawks are a solid team, but they're now capped out and basically no chance of beating the elite teams in either conference.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be in ATL position than ours and actually getting to enjoy the playoffs for once.
I think Atlanta’s problem is more they have too many role type guys who will want minutes. But given injuries they have suffered it turns out the needed them all. If they ever get their starting group of: Capella, Collins, Hunter, Bogi, Trae... with Huerter, Williams, Gallo and Okongwu off the bench they are going to be pretty good. They they have Reddish and Dunn for spot defensive minutes.

If we had moved Barnes and not taken back extra salary in Wright we likely could have made on offer on Collins.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’m not sure what you expect the Kings to do. Best player is out, Barnes gets hurt and missed the end of the game and we gave 48 minutes to a ten day guy and a couple of two way players.
Really not our fault that Luka and his random assortment of bad teammates failed to score more than a bucket or two in the final two minutes of a game in which our crunch time offense largely consisted of shoving the ball into our young stud rookie's hands and making him learn on the job,

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I’m not sure what you expect the Kings to do. Best player is out, Barnes gets hurt and missed the end of the game and we gave 48 minutes to a ten day guy and a couple of two way players.
Really not our fault that Luka and his random assortment of bad teammates failed to score more than a bucket or two in the final two minutes of a game in which our crunch time offense largely consisted of shoving the ball into our young stud rookie's hands and making him learn on the job,
We need to ask Tyrese to deliberately miss shots, teaching him bad habits and that losing is the goal of this franchise, so we can hope to move up from the #7 lotto slot to the #6 lotto slot. Anything else is mismanagement.