Kings at 9

Yeah, my bad. “Hate” is a strong word, and an easy one to throw around on a message board. I’ve just noticed you’re about the only one criticizing him at this point.

I can’t argue that the trade deadline moves were underwhelming at best, but I really don’t think that McNair has a lot to work with.

I don’t believe it’s very realistic to expect a massive overhaul in the time McNair has been here, so I’m just happy he hasn’t made a huge **** up move out the gate like Vlade did with the Philly trade.

If he’s still mucking around with minor moves this summer and beyond, I’ll be happy to criticize him with you!

Finally, a bit of full disclosure: I haaaaaaated Bogi. Dude played some of the lowest IQ, forced, selfish Basketball I’ve ever seen. So I’m definitely biased and happy he’s gone never mind the lack of return.
yes, you and Slab were both in the addition by subtraction camp. I think that take isn’t going to age well.

On one hand I get it because we all saw Bogi dribble and brick his fair share of shots.

On the other hand, the interesting thing about Bogi is he is a marginal to poor shooter off the dribble and a very good catch and shoot player. Because the Kings did not have Hali, Bogi often played that half court lead guard because Fox sucks at it. And Fox, as we have seen with Hali, is not great at finding shooters on the weak side to catch and shoot. Fox is really a 2 guard offensively.

What that means was Bogi was often forced to do the things he does poorly. I think in an offense where he is a catch and shoot/rotate the ball player ...

he is going to be much better and the Kings will look like idiots once again.

gunks

Hall of Famer
yes, you and Slab were both in the addition by subtraction camp. I think that take isn’t going to age well.

On one hand I get it because we all saw Bogi dribble and brick his fair share of shots.

On the other hand, the interesting thing about Bogi is he is a marginal to poor shooter off the dribble and a very good catch and shoot player. Because the Kings did not have Hali, Bogi often played that half court lead guard because Fox sucks at it. And Fox, as we have seen with Hali, is not great at finding shooters on the weak side to catch and shoot. Fox is really a 2 guard offensively.

What that means was Bogi was often forced to do the things he does poorly. I think in an offense where he is a catch and shoot/rotate the ball player ...

he is going to be much better and the Kings will look like idiots once again.
Yeah, coaching is another issue entirely! Bogi is playing better lately, and could make Monte look dumb... but he could also be riding a hot streak, and will likely burn himself out playing over the summer and come back beat up and tired next season like he always did for us. It’s a moot point with Buddy and Luke still around anyways.

One thing I’d like to see from McNair this summer is Luke getting shown the door. Because he wasn’t just holding Bogi back.

We just have a lot of issues in Sac... as usual.

I’d say Vivek is problem number 1, followed by coaching (2) and finally the overall lack of talent on the roster (3).

McNair hasn’t addressed problems 2 or 3, but I think some of that is due to problem 1, while a lot of it has to do with opportunity.... If we’re still rudderless after the draft and summer FA, I’ll happily entertain the notion that McNair could be an issue as well.

Yeah, coaching is another issue entirely! Bogi is playing better lately, and could make Monte look dumb... but he could also be riding a hot streak, and will likely burn himself out playing over the summer and come back beat up and tired next season like he always did for us. It’s a moot point with Buddy and Luke still around anyways.

One thing I’d like to see from McNair this summer is Luke getting shown the door. Because he wasn’t just holding Bogi back.

We just have a lot of issues in Sac... as usual.

I’d say Vivek is problem number 1, followed by coaching (2) and finally the overall lack of talent on the roster (3).

McNair hasn’t addressed problems 2 or 3, but I think some of that is due to problem 1, while a lot of it has to do with opportunity.... If we’re still rudderless after the draft and summer FA, I’ll happily entertain the notion that McNair could be an issue as well.
he could be riding a hot streak and the stupid SOB could wear himself out again. If you recall, I was highly critical of him for his off-season schedule.

but it’s not really fair to blame Luke as he didn’t really have other options. I would have loved to see Bogi on the floor with Hali. With both of their abilities to read defenses those two would have back cut the crap out of people like the old Princeton offense.

Wright isn’t close to being the same player as Bogi.
Neither are the coaches in comparison although the answers to both franchises issues may have been the same. One franchise bit the bullet and it's paying off, the other didn't and they're paying for it. Which was the comparison here, not a bench player.

I can't imagine McNair wanted to be in a position of paying Hield and Bogdanovic a combined $42M this season and $40M next season we there was already enough evidence that they didn't play well together.

Add in Harrison Barnes at $24M this year and $22M next plus Fox's extension and you're eating up nearly all your cap on 4 guys, two of which had no success starting together.

I have to think the goal was to trade Buddy and match on Bogi but no decent offers for Hield materialized. But we may never know for sure.

But especially with Haliburton's play I can't fault McNair for not matching on Bogi.

Overall I don't know how anyone can judge McNair one way or another yet. On paper he assembled an experienced team and there's been almost nothing in the way of leaks or reports of infighting. But there also just haven't been enough transactions to really say if he's a good or bad GM.

I'm waiting to see what happens this summer.

I can't imagine McNair wanted to be in a position of paying Hield and Bogdanovic a combined $42M this season and $40M next season we there was already enough evidence that they didn't play well together.

Add in Harrison Barnes at $24M this year and $22M next plus Fox's extension and you're eating up nearly all your cap on 4 guys, two of which had no success starting together.

I have to think the goal was to trade Buddy and match on Bogi but no decent offers for Hield materialized. But we may never know for sure.

But especially with Haliburton's play I can't fault McNair for not matching on Bogi.

Overall I don't know how anyone can judge McNair one way or another yet. On paper he assembled an experienced team and there's been almost nothing in the way of leaks or reports of infighting. But there also just haven't been enough transactions to really say if he's a good or bad GM.

I'm waiting to see what happens this summer.
Yep. Heading into the start of next season, I think we can start to judge what McNair is putting together. Coming into the job late, covid times, I can't imagine he had near the freedom he wanted to make changes to the team.

We have a little revisionist history here. We tried to trade him, he was perturbed. He didn't want to be back here. He's said so publicly. If you matched, you have a player who may or may not be worth his contract, but for sake of the argument, lets say he plays neutral. Meaning his contract isn't good or bad. It's right about what it should be. You also can't trade him the entire season. So you'd be looking Post Free Agency opening in 2021/22 before you can move on from him if you were trying to keep an asset.

We have a little revisionist history here. We tried to trade him, he was perturbed. He didn't want to be back here. He's said so publicly. If you matched, you have a player who may or may not be worth his contract, but for sake of the argument, lets say he plays neutral. Meaning his contract isn't good or bad. It's right about what it should be. You also can't trade him the entire season. So you'd be looking Post Free Agency opening in 2021/22 before you can move on from him if you were trying to keep an asset.
Your statement in trading him is incorrect.

Yep. Heading into the start of next season, I think we can start to judge what McNair is putting together. Coming into the job late, covid times, I can't imagine he had near the freedom he wanted to make changes to the team.
and even this off-season we may not have enough transactions to judge. He has no money to sign free agents and only 2 draft picks. He may want to trade Buddy or Bagley but there may not be buyers.

what can he realistically do? If he pulls the next Haliburton out of the draft we know we have something. That’s why I was disappointed in the trading of the second rounders. We need to strike gold in the draft and I was hoping to have a few more shots at it.

No he does not you are misinformed. No trade clauses are not allowed in offer sheets.
He actually is right.

“The Atlanta Hawks signed the 28-year-old restricted free agent to an offer sheet Sunday worth $72 million over four years, sources The Athletic. Marc Stein of the New York Times reported the deal includes a player option for the fourth year and a 15% trade kicker.

The Kings will have 48 hours to match if they wish to retain Bogdanovic’s services. If they match, they would be locked into the terms set forth by the Hawks, would not be able to trade Bogdanovic without his consent for one year and could not trade him to Atlanta under any circumstances for one year. If they do not match the offer, they will lose one of their best players without compensation.“

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...awks-kings-have-48-hours-to-match/ar-BB1bfQqX

He actually is right.

“The Atlanta Hawks signed the 28-year-old restricted free agent to an offer sheet Sunday worth $72 million over four years, sources The Athletic. Marc Stein of the New York Times reported the deal includes a player option for the fourth year and a 15% trade kicker.

The Kings will have 48 hours to match if they wish to retain Bogdanovic’s services. If they match, they would be locked into the terms set forth by the Hawks, would not be able to trade Bogdanovic without his consent for one year and could not trade him to Atlanta under any circumstances for one year. If they do not match the offer, they will lose one of their best players without compensation.“

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...awks-kings-have-48-hours-to-match/ar-BB1bfQqX
Sorry you are correct they could not trade him to the Hawks but we would have the same terms as Atlanta who was shopping Bogi at the trade deadline. Check with @Capt. Factorial if you want who is the resident CBA expert.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...ic-has-drawn-interest-from-boston-report.html

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sorry you are correct they could not trade him to the Hawks but we would have the same terms as Atlanta who was shopping Bogi at the trade deadline. Check with @Capt. Factorial if you want who is the resident CBA expert.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...ic-has-drawn-interest-from-boston-report.html
If the Kings had matched the offer sheet to Bogdanovic, they could not have traded him to Atlanta for a year, and they could not have traded him anywhere else for a year without his consent. That's a rule that comes from matching an offer sheet, not from the contract terms in the offer sheet.

If the Kings had matched the offer sheet to Bogdanovic, they could not have traded him to Atlanta for a year, and they could not have traded him anywhere else for a year without his consent. That's a rule that comes from matching an offer sheet, not from the contract terms in the offer sheet.
Yes was going to post the same verbiage from the CBA...

After exercising its Right of First Refusal as described in this Section 5, the ROFR Team may not trade the Restricted Free Agent for one (1) year, without the player’s consent. Even with the player’s consent, for one (1) year, neither the ROFR Team exercising its Right of First Refusal nor any other Team may trade the player to the Team whose Offer Sheet was matched.

But his statement was....

“You also can't trade him the entire season.”

Which was not correct. The Kings would have been free to trade him with his consent to Milwaukee or some other contending team like Boston where Bogi would have likely consented. But my statement of being same as Atlanta was also wrong.

Here is the prediction from 539
Kings 30-42
Raptors 30-42
Bulls 30-42
Wizards 28-44
Cavaliers 25-47
Thunder 25-47
Magic 23-49
Pistons 23-49
Timberwolves 20-52
Rockets 19-53

Kings with a 1% chance of making the play-offs at this point. We shall see how Monte directs Luke to proceed. If they stay on the predicted path they will have an approximately 20% chance of a top 4 pick and depending on coin flips could be 8-10.

At this point losing to the Wiz could have significance which means of course we are almost certain to win.

Here is the prediction from 539
Kings 30-42
Raptors 30-42
Bulls 30-42
Wizards 28-44
Cavaliers 25-47
Thunder 25-47
Magic 23-49
Pistons 23-49
Timberwolves 20-52
Rockets 19-53

Kings with a 1% chance of making the play-offs at this point. We shall see how Monte directs Luke to proceed. If they stay on the predicted path they will have an approximately 20% chance of a top 4 pick and depending on coin flips could be 8-10.

At this point losing to the Wiz could have significance which means of course we are almost certain to win.
Well if we sit holmes, buddy, and whiteside, there’s a chance.

Big win by Toronto today and Cavs won too. Tank for 6-10 getting crowded with close to identical records
We have some really tough matchups upcoming versus PHX and then The Serbian Phenom after...

All the bottom dwellers about to beat up on eachother too, CLE, CHI, WAS, OKC, DET, TOR.

These guys are all playing each other next couple weeks.

Must lin games:

April 20 and 21 versus Minny
At OKC May 4 and versus OKC May 9, OKC May 11

Last edited: