Kings after Ingram

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Did you think Haliburton was getting traded?
Many of us thought either Fox or Hali would eventually be traded because of the positional logjam. Also, we didn't have a core big man at the time.

Ingram/Murray does not create the same sort of positional logjam that would prevent them being fully effective when on the court together. Also, now we have a core. Our job is to add the final touches to that core, not shuffle the deck chairs.

The Siakam trade was 3 end of bench players and 3 FRP. The Kings would be sending 2 starters most likely. So less FRP.
I can't see Griff wanting anything but FRP's if he goes to you guys (as I said matching salary too). He wants those as bait. If not, he's not gonna do the trade with y'all as he'll hold out for another deal imo or a 3-way trade with you guys included. We don't need BI any longer as his Salary (new contract) doesn't make sense with Murphy ready to take his place.

I couldn't believe we got DJM without giving up BI since that was the word for a while. So the Pels are sitting pretty good with players, and all of our picks plus a Milwaukee 1st.

Last edited:
This is gonna cost Keegan isn't it?
If Keegan is to be traded away, it better be for a better player than Brandon Ingram.

BI is a very good player when healthy, but there are better players/packages to be had for Keegan Murray.

Keegster is 3 years younger than BI with higher all-around potential and a clean injury history. I refuse to accept that Ingram has more value, especially on an expiring contract.

Pels fan here. If BI is traded to you guys it's gonna be for picks (matching salary too). We need a center real bad! Kessler and Jarrett Allen pretty heavily linked to us so we'd use those picks to go after them imo.
Maybe a trade of HB or Huerter, Lyles, Durate (i.e. a starter replacement and 2 ending contracts) and 2 future 1st round picks (with some lottery protections) for BI.

I can't see Griff wanting anything but FRP's if he goes to you guys (as I said matching salary too). He wants those as bait. If not, he's not gonna do the trade with y'all as he'll hold out for another deal imo or a 3-way trade with you guys included. We don't need BI any longer as his Salary (new contract) doesn't make sense with Murphy ready to take his place.

I couldn't believe we got DJM without giving up BI since that was the word for a while. So the Pels are sitting pretty good with players, and all of our picks plus a Milwaukee 1st.
If sending out multiple picks would rather have Markkanan

Can anyone think of other teams that make sense for BI. I’ve come up with:

Warriors- Pels prob prefer our package over a Wiggins + deal

Detroit- new GM connection

Cavs- they have a long jam at center. Feel like this would have happened already if it was going to but who knows.

Orlando? W Carter and change plus picks? That could make some sense I guess if the Magic want three forwards

Can anyone think of other teams that make sense for BI. I’ve come up with:

Warriors- Pels prob prefer our package over a Wiggins + deal

Detroit- new GM connection

Cavs- they have a long jam at center. Feel like this would have happened already if it was going to but who knows.

Orlando? W Carter and change plus picks? That could make some sense I guess if the Magic want three forwards
Wendell Carter is a good call but the fans really don't want another injury prone player.

I think in the end, we get Jarrett Allen.

Can any cap experts give insight if we were to swing a trade for Ingram or a similar piece using a combination of Huerter/Barnes/Lyles/Duarte and picks, can we add an additional piece with the MLE? Or is it either or?

If sending out multiple picks would rather have Markkanan
Absolutely.

Also, if Keegan is to be included in any way shape or form — for which I am not advocating — Markkanan is much closer to the type of player they better be acquiring in return IMO.

Although, admittedly, Lauri is the same age as BI and also has injury concerns, having never player more than 68 games in a season. Both are expirings. While BI is likely the better 2-way player, I just like Lauri better as a 7 foot talent who is a top level shooter that can also score in other ways. I just think his personality, demeanor, and playing style are better fits with this current group.