Kings after Ingram

Eh, they beat NOP plenty up until last season. Last season was an anomaly, not the rule. Otherwise are your really going to expect the KINGS to sweep the Lakers every season going forward, too? And also beat Jokić 3-1 going forward?

There’s far too many people making too much out of this Pelicans thing.
Losing to a team 6 times in a year before the playoffs isn't just an anomaly, it's a record

how do we avoid it? The 10 percent increase in the cap will help over the life of our core’s contracts I suppose
The Nuggets are actually playing this smart IMO. The new CBA makes it very hard to justify overpaying your role guys if anything. Keeping your talent core together is the key. Going over the 2nd apron for KCP would've been dumb TBH. If they didn't look kind meh again come playoff time they probably keep him. As for the Kings, they scored on draft night, and have Keegan on a rookie deal still. That's 2 very much potential answers long term tied up for little while to where Monte can load up, and then explode the cap. Ingram right now with that considering if it's Barnes/Huerter/picks is worth the go for it. Better to enter cap hell with cheap core pieces and Ingram than Huerter and Barnes just walking in time.

you realize that's silly right?

How can you bash Monte for not taking a wing, when you have no idea on the wings in the class?
From what I read about Ware he shot the 3’s well in workouts. One site had him mocked to us partly due to that. I didn’t know how accurate it was which was why I was so indecisive among the 3. But I would have for sure expected the board to fall somewhat like that and been ready to make a call.

The thing about trading for BI is that he is going to want the max or close to max contract to re-sign. It would put the Kings in salary cap hell for years. I'm not sure a core of Fox-Sabonis-BI would be title contenders.

It may be better to go after a more cost controlled player (i.e. Grant William, Jermai Grant or even Kuzma) to fill in the stretch 4 and allow Keegan to blossom, rather than to mortgage the whole salary cap and future that BI is the missing piece to a championship.

The thing about trading for BI is that he is going to want the max or close to max contract to re-sign. It would put the Kings in salary cap hell for years. I'm not sure a core of Fox-Sabonis-BI would be title contenders.

It may be better to go after a more cost controlled player (i.e. Grant William, Jermai Grant or even Kuzma) to fill in the stretch 4 and allow Keegan to blossom, rather than to mortgage the whole salary cap and future that BI is the missing piece to a championship.
I get it but on the other hand Boston has like 4 all star level players. All these teams are stacked and if we are being totally honest a Fox Sabonis duo is prob not good enough talent wise to really win the big prize. We are prob going to have to swing in a non traditional way to truly compete.

I have mixed feelings on it but I can also see why Monte goes for it

I suspect, if we are still in the BI hunt, that we are currently assessing a guarantee to resign right now and what that would look like financially. He isn’t worth max money, but he’s certainly no scrub either. Gotta make a move at some point though we clearly aren’t good enough as it stands.

Thing is, should we get BI, with all the massive changes the West is seeing right now, we could be in play to be top 4 if everything goes relatively well.

I get it but on the other hand Boston has like 4 all star level players. All these teams are stacked and if we are being totally honest a Fox Sabonis duo is prob not good enough talent wise to really win the big prize. We are prob going to have to swing in a non traditional way to truly compete.

I have mixed feelings on it but I can also see why Monte goes for it
Yes, but someone that is already under contract for a few years in the $18-30 mil/yr range would be better than having to sign BI for something like 4 years $200 mil next off season.

I think the rumor is BI wants the max and that NO is not willing to do that and is why he is being shopped.

He's not the missing piece to this team's championship. I question whether he's even the missing piece to winning 2 rounds.

Keegan > Ingram...imo.

Kings should trade Barnes+Huerter for matching salary and then ONE 1st round pick unprotected and 1st pick protected top 10. Kings need to be aggressive.
Not at this point, but maybe down the line. Ingram is a proven scorer and is a difficult matchup. One of the most difficult to guard when he has it going. His issue has been injuries, but offensively the edge goes to Ingram. Averaged 20-5-5 last season. Nothing to scoff at.

The good thing is if the Kings are just trading ancillary pieces, you have a year to see what your ceiling is. The Kings are heading into cap hell if they keep their team together as is anyway. The question they have to ask is whether or not they want to be a little over the cap hell line with less talent, or way over with a LOT more talent. You either want to be where the Knicks are, or get ready to start rebuilding/keep scouring the drafts for a hidden gem.