Kings after Ingram

Y
He's making high 20s millions a year, we'd probably have to add Huerter into the mix.
Yeah, you are going to need to match contracts but I’m guessing Carter or Monk would be in the deal. Can’t add Keegan however as it does nothing to address our balance issues.

Likely Monte floating rumors so we think he is trying but nothing else happens

I mean, without knowing the nuances like Pels elected not to give him his max contract, and making future plans without him involved, it's easy for casual Kings fans to imagine a player's BI caliber would require a farm and picks.
Yeah, and they didn't actually likely pay attention to what the Raps got for players like OG and Siakam. Good, let the Pels play the game of chicken and Monte can move on to other things.

Again, I'd like to point out that Alvin Gentry our Front office advisor was instrumental during BI's big career year and would probably have inside knowledge of his injury history. At this point it'd be silly not to think Gentry at least okayed Monte on the pursuit.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Because trading a starting caliber forward under team control for at least the next 7 years for a guy who could walk at the end of the season is unheard of even in terrible trades.
Did that half extra season with Sabonis make it that much less unheard of when we traded a starting caliber young guard for a guy who could walk at the end of the following season? I see similarities to Hali/Sabonis (obviously not positions) and Monte has already showed he isn’t afraid to trade the younger upside.

If it doesn’t involve Keegan I would probably take the risk. A closing lineup of Fox, Monk, Keegan BI and Sabonis is no joke. I wonder if Carter is part of this hypothetical trade? I would have to think that is a possibility and that gets harder. On one hand, most of us would have traded the 13 and role players for BI no problem. On the other hand I am so high on Devin that I would almost rather take the risk that his talent and personality takes off on the cheap vs the known talent/flaws of BI.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Did that half extra season with Sabonis make it that much less unheard of when we traded a starting caliber young guard for a guy who could walk at the end of the following season? I see similarities to Hali/Sabonis (obviously not positions) and Monte has already showed he isn’t afraid to trade the upside.
Domas had two and a half years of team control left and nowhere near the BI injury concerns. Also he was a two time all star already and younger than BI is comparatively.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Donas had two and a half years of team control left and nowhere near the BI injury concerns. Also he was a two time all star already and younger than BI is comparatively.
Was it two and a half years? I thought he was a free agent the season following when we acquired him. If that’s the case, disregard my argument.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Pels sorta sealed their own fate by giving up the package they did for Dejounte though. He’s on a four year deal and only cost a couple of picks and two rotation level pieces.
Compare Dejounte and BI's stats over the past year/past 5 years and there's a case to be made Dejounte is the better player. At any rate, they're close in their levels of production. But Murray is on that 4-year deal that's not outrageously expensive while BI is making more and will either need an extension or might walk. A couple of picks and two rotation pieces looks like pretty similar value, maybe even a bit high in comparison. Including Keegan would be insanity.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
How exciting. Hopefully this isn’t just a pair of shiny keys being shaken in front of fans as Free agency and roster construction time passes us by.

We no doubt need another scorer like Ingram. Who can create his own shot and get to the line(and make free throws!)

Yes actually. One of he or Fox was going and it was a coin toss as to who. Didn’t think it would be for Domas though.
Exactly, the situation at the time was Fox and Hali were taking turns playing PG and it didn't work. The way you know it didn't work is that rarely did both shine at the same time, or even in the same season up to that point. Now, IMO, that was largely coaching choices that didn't involve running a two G lineup as well as it could have been. Fox and Hali jumped to all star status after the move, that's all you need to know.

Pels fan here. If BI is traded to you guys it's gonna be for picks (matching salary too). We need a center real bad! Kessler and Jarrett Allen pretty heavily linked to us so we'd use those picks to go after them imo.
The Siakam trade was 3 end of bench players and 3 FRP. The Kings would be sending 2 starters most likely. So less FRP.