Kings after Ingram

Kuzma should be a target…I’m in opposition to others who think he’s not worth it. He would be
I’d love to hear your reasoning why. What’s he bring to the table that would make the KINGS better? What did the Lakers and Wizards miss that you seem to see?

The Lakers were better w/o Kuzma playing the meaningful minutes and the Wizards haven’t been good the entire time he’s been there. They were absolutely dreadful last season.

He’s a volume chucker, nothing more. Dude is a sub 34% 3-point shooter, and 45% overall which is not good for a player at his position. Shooting clearly isn’t a strength, so I ask “what is?” It sure isn’t defense.

I’d love to hear your reasoning why. What’s he bring to the table that would make the KINGS better? What did the Lakers and Wizards miss that you seem to see?

The Lakers were better w/o Kuzma playing the meaningful minutes and the Wizards haven’t been good the entire time he’s been there. They were absolutely dreadful last season.

He’s a volume chucker, nothing more. Dude is a sub 34% 3-point shooter, and 45% overall which is not good for a player at his position. Shooting clearly isn’t a strength, so I ask “what is?” It sure isn’t defense.
I posted why in the post you quoted.

I went to the Washington game last year. Got a great look at him during the game. All I know is that on the right team, he could be a matchup problem. He’s big but super mobile. Has good handles and is a good passer. Definitely has bad play moments and in Washington has been prone to bad shots but I think those go away if he’s on this team.

i think he would be great paired with Domas and Keegan.
Ok, so you’re basing this opinion off one game you attended?

Clearly you rarely watched him over his entire career. Again, a dude that shoots 34% from 3 and 45% overall isn’t an upgrade.

Harrison Barnes has produced better than that during his entire tenure with the KINGS yet seemingly the majority here wants him gone.

Kuzma’s production is and has been inferior yet fans like you are championing for him because you think he looks the part? Because his wing span and standing reach are of a particular liking?

What gives? Because he’s statistically inferior to a player the KINGS already have that you guys have been ready to part with for many years now. And Kuzma’s tenure in Washington shows that he’s nowhere near the caliber of player to make a big difference. The Lakers would have kept him if was anywhere near that player rather than gambling on the washed up Westbrook.

Kuzma isn’t bad at all.

I side with Barling on this. He’s never specifically cited it but he’s implied people may reject Kuzma for how he dresses.

I truly think a lot of the rejection of him stems from that time he showed up to a game dressed like Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman.
No, they reject him for the reasons I’ve outlined many times over the past year or so (in various threads) and partially outlined in this thread.

His skills and production do not warrant or justify the attention. As for your “how he dresses“ claim — that’s just silly. I mean, I knew he was a knucklehead but couldn’t care less for how he dresses and didn’t even know about any of that crap until you just posted it. I’ll bet the majority doesn’t know about it either.

The dude could dress in a Barney dinosaur costume for all I care. If he was a really good, productive player and fit for this team I’d be on board. But he’s not. His personality and demeanor do not fit with the cast we have and his skill set and production do not justify the salary he’s receiving or the interest from fans.

Again, how does a 34% 3-point shooter and 45% overall make this team better? Because he’s longer than HB? Hell, Trey Lyles has been better than Kuzma, at least in a reserve role.

What special skill does Kuzma possess that the KINGS don’t already have? It’s not shooting. It’s not defense. It’s not rebounding. What is it besides looking the part to some by having some length? What does that length matter if it doesn’t result in a noticeable difference in production or winning?

Kuzma is as hollow as the Tinman.

Clearly you rarely watched him over his entire career. Again, a dude that shoots 34% from 3 and 45% overall isn’t an upgrade.

Harrison Barnes has produced better than that during his entire tenure with the KINGS yet seemingly the majority here wants him gone.

Kuzma’s production is and has been inferior yet fans like you are championing for him because you think he looks the part? Because his wing span and standing reach are of a particular liking?

What gives? Because he’s statistically inferior to a player the KINGS already have that you guys have been ready to part with for many years now. And Kuzma’s tenure in Washington shows that he’s nowhere near the caliber of player to make a big difference. The Lakers would have kept him if was anywhere near that player rather than gambling on the washed up Westbrook.
This is sort of the take on Barnes his whole career. Virtually every team he's been on trading for an upgrade and had a hard time finding an upgrade. My take on things is that Barnes is not a very exciting player and also frequently disappears in games. It's not that he plays bad as much as he doesn't play well enough to make those fans happy. I do think you can upgrade the, but it won't be easy. I don't see KK as an upgrade myself. If Ingram or for The rifleman to be had without losing Keegan, great, put the path forward maybe it upgrading the two not looking for a forward.

I don't buy the negative narrative on Kuzma's attitude at all. The fact that people use his wardrobe against him is enough for me not to listen to it. He appreciates art, and fashion as art; he likes expressing himself with with fashion. So what? I think it's cool.

He balls. Everybody wishes Barnes was more able to create. Kuzma is explosive and will take advantage of defenders, taking it to the rack. His initiative and finishing ability have to be respected, and teams will run out of quality defenders for Fox, Monk, Keegan, Kuzma, and Sabonis. Kuzma in the starting lineup creates mismatches. I rather have DeMar's or Ingram's midrange game, but all three and Markkanen would improve the team.

This is sort of the take on Barnes his whole career. Virtually every team he's been on trading for an upgrade and had a hard time finding an upgrade. My take on things is that Barnes is not a very exciting player and also frequently disappears in games. It's not that he plays bad as much as he doesn't play well enough to make those fans happy. I do think you can upgrade the, but it won't be easy. I don't see KK as an upgrade myself. If Ingram or for The rifleman to be had without losing Keegan, great, put the path forward maybe it upgrading the two not looking for a forward.
Barnes disappeared because he doesn't seem to do other things that help team win. There are many factors within the game that players can do to help their team...such as altering shots in the paint, outrebounding a player, taking charges, recognizing a defense lapse within the team and then switch to help on weak side or just basic hustling on the floor. Barnes seems to stick to his own script on the court and does not expand into other areas of the game that the team needed. Stick to your own script sometimes looks great from the outside and people think there is no flaw to your game, but it is the other areas that he didn't contribute. My point is, there is a limit in his game or mindset. This is why you want to look for players that contribute to other areas to bolster the team prowess. Granted I know every player have their own limitation in certain areas for example Mitchell isn't a really a PG that can put a dense on the team defense when he attacked...he barely has an effect, thus that is his limitation and when a player have too many limitations (whether or not it is their strength or incapable of being that), it becomes a problem on the court because it has an effect on the team...and I see that in Barnes, Mitchell or Huerter.

Last edited:
t
I don't buy the negative narrative on Kuzma's attitude at all. The fact that people use his wardrobe against him is enough for me not to listen to it. He appreciates art, and fashion as art; he likes expressing himself with with fashion. So what? I think it's cool.

He balls. Everybody wishes Barnes was more able to create. Kuzma is explosive and will take advantage of defenders, taking it to the rack. His initiative and finishing ability have to be respected, and teams will run out of quality defenders for Fox, Monk, Keegan, Kuzma, and Sabonis. Kuzma in the starting lineup creates mismatches. I rather have DeMar's or Ingram's midrange game, but all three and Markkanen would improve the team.
If he "balls" then why doesn't he "ball" good?

Kuz is exactly what they're talking about in that moneyball scene. Looks good on the floor, had all the moves, all the skills... but he doesn't impact winning.

Also, are we really kidding ourselves where if any team in the last 3 years ponies up 2 FRP for Kuz that they wouldn't have dealt him? Wheres the market for him if he's supposedly impactful?

When your long time girlfriend is Winnie Harlow suppose it makes sense your into fashion.

I really can’t argue one way or the other for Kuzma as a player. The couple games iv‘e viewed of him against the Kings he looked good, scored at will. So based on that makes sense from a position of need, favourable long term contract, and young enough for the core. I would also think Brown and surrounding cast would get him buying into the system and what’s needed of him here.

Last edited:

Blah blah, in my opinion, he would be a good trade target. I get it, you don’t like him, we don’t agree, I’ll stick with my opinion despite your lack of approval

No, they reject him for the reasons I’ve outlined many times over the past year or so (in various threads) and partially outlined in this thread.

His skills and production do not warrant or justify the attention. As for your “how he dresses“ claim — that’s just silly. I mean, I knew he was a knucklehead but couldn’t care less for how he dresses and didn’t even know about any of that crap until you just posted it. I’ll bet the majority doesn’t know about it either.

The dude could dress in a Barney dinosaur costume for all I care. If he was a really good, productive player and fit for this team I’d be on board. But he’s not. His personality and demeanor do not fit with the cast we have and his skill set and production do not justify the salary he’s receiving or the interest from fans.

Again, how does a 34% 3-point shooter and 45% overall make this team better? Because he’s longer than HB? Hell, Trey Lyles has been better than Kuzma, at least in a reserve role.

What special skill does Kuzma possess that the KINGS don’t already have? It’s not shooting. It’s not defense. It’s not rebounding. What is it besides looking the part to some by having some length? What does that length matter if it doesn’t result in a noticeable difference in production or winning?

Kuzma is as hollow as the Tinman.
Barnes is that you?

I’ll be honest, if a trade was getting done it would be by now. To me the sellers have decided by this point to put off any trades until after the season starts until the trade deadline next year.
I’d say that’s true for Kuzma and Grant as they are signed long term and don’t really need to rush a trade. That’s probably always been the case on them. For BI, I’d say they need to move him before the season starts since they basically said they would trade him. Fresh vibes makes sense there. Lauri, they either need to trade him now or give him a big pay day. If you are going to trade him it would be risky to wait until the deadline not only because of injury but now his new team only has 20 ish games to convince him to sign long term. Could get a bit less value.

I’d say that’s true for Kuzma and Grant as they are signed long term and don’t really need to rush a trade. That’s probably always been the case on them. For BI, I’d say they need to move him before the season starts since they basically said they would trade him. Fresh vibes makes sense there. Lauri, they either need to trade him now or give him a big pay day. If you are going to trade him it would be risky to wait until the deadline not only because of injury but now his new team only has 20 ish games to convince him to sign long term. Could get a bit less value.
I’d love for you to be right, but either way the new team would need a guarantee that they stay long term before dishing out assets.
I also think Monte can’t just go after these guys without putting in enough to get the job done, while also ignoring free agents. He will Lose out on both at the end. See last year.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I’ll be honest, if a trade was getting done it would be by now. To me the sellers have decided by this point to put off any trades until after the season starts until the trade deadline next year.
Today is July 5th. Looking ONLY at last year, if we ignore the 9 trades executed last year on July 6th (first day following the Moratorium), there were another 11 trades that happened before the season started, including players like John Collins, Obi Toppin, and Grant Williams. The summer blockbusters - the two trades that first shuffled Jrue Holiday, Damian Lillard, DeAndre Ayton, Grayson Allen, Jusuf Nurkic and others around between the Bucks, Suns, and Blazers, and then the subsequent one sending Jrue Holiday from the Blazers to the Celtics for Malcolm Brodgon, Robert Williams and picks, happened much later in the summer - September 27th and October 1st, to be precise.

Moreover, it's seeming very likely that DDR will be S&Ted *somewhere*, because he ain't staying in Chicago and he ain't settling for an MLE.

The defeatism here - before the Moratorium is even over - is just silly.

Today is July 5th. Looking ONLY at last year, if we ignore the 9 trades executed last year on July 6th (first day following the Moratorium), there were another 11 trades that happened before the season started, including players like John Collins, Obi Toppin, and Grant Williams. The summer blockbusters - the two trades that first shuffled Jrue Holiday, Damian Lillard, DeAndre Ayton, Grayson Allen, Jusuf Nurkic and others around between the Bucks, Suns, and Blazers, and then the subsequent one sending Jrue Holiday from the Blazers to the Celtics for Malcolm Brodgon, Robert Williams and picks, happened much later in the summer - September 27th and October 1st, to be precise.

Moreover, it's seeming very likely that DDR will be S&Ted *somewhere*, because he ain't staying in Chicago and he ain't settling for an MLE.

The defeatism here - before the Moratorium is even over - is just silly.
What's the moratorium?

There's something different about July 6th? The day after the July 4th hangover?

I’d love for you to be right, but either way the new team would need a guarantee that they stay long term before dishing out assets.
I also think Monte can’t just go after these guys without putting in enough to get the job done, while also ignoring free agents. He will Lose out on both at the end. See last year.
We will never know for sure what happened but our two alleged targets (Kuzma) re-signed with his team because he wanted to be a 1 instead of a role player on a good team and (Draymond) planned on going to Memphis if golden state didn’t pony up.

my preferred acquisition is DDR at this point. Costs the least amount of money, costs the least amount of assets, doesn’t block Keegan long term and has a lot of the skills and attributes we need. Plus his signing means we keep Barnes which makes our bench a lot stronger. To me this is the one and I don’t believe there are many landing spots for DDR.

We will never know for sure what happened but our two alleged targets (Kuzma) re-signed with his team because he wanted to be a 1 instead of a role player on a good team and (Draymond) planned on going to Memphis if golden state didn’t pony up.
Kuzma also allegedly told Washington he preferred to stay put at the deadline when Dallas was inquiring about him. To me, that’s more of a red flag than any fashion choices (which is a silly concern).

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
What's the moratorium?

There's something different about July 6th? The day after the July 4th hangover?
The NBA is technically in a one-week moratorium period to start the season that ends on July 6th. No transactions can be actually completed before that time, although many are agreed upon and announced during the period of July 1st - July 6th. The spate of trades completed on July 6th of last year represents deals that were agreed to (and probably announced) over the prior week, so I didn't count them for purposes of this post.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Kuzma also allegedly told Washington he preferred to stay put at the deadline when Dallas was inquiring about him. To me, that’s more of a red flag than any fashion choices (which is a silly concern).

I mean, this should obviously be deeply concerning. This is practically disqualifying.

The NBA is technically in a one-week moratorium period to start the season that ends on July 6th. No transactions can be actually completed before that time, although many are agreed upon and announced during the period of July 1st - July 6th. The spate of trades completed on July 6th of last year represents deals that were agreed to (and probably announced) over the prior week, so I didn't count them for purposes of this post.
Oh I see, thank you