Kings after Ingram

This is how you "run it back" with nobody complaining, lol. Kings scored in the draft, let it RIDE.
They did score in the draft and that is great for the future. Just have to wonder how much it does for this next season, especially considering team fit.

If could take Carter a couple seasons to find his flow, like it does most good players. Everyone is hoping it doesn't, but they know they can't just rely on him coming in and being a playoff ready guy in his first season. In looking at most of the guys he's been compared to, it took all of them a while to find their NBA flow. Derrick White took at least a few seasons to refine his game into the player he is now. Same with Holiday

New Orleans may be even tougher to compete with than they already have been for the Kings, if they add Markkanen
This is how you "run it back" with nobody complaining, lol. Kings scored in the draft, let it RIDE.
Man, I’ll take a hard time competing with Nola if we get BI. We can hope other teams take them out if we can’t still beat them. We just missed the playoffs, so we need to worry about a lot more than just Nola. And Carter alone isn’t enough to make a huge swing. No 4th guard is that much of a game changer, no matter the steal we got.

Man, I’ll take a hard time competing with Nola if we get BI. We can hope other teams take them out if we can’t still beat them. We just missed the playoffs, so we need to worry about a lot more than just Nola. And Carter alone isn’t enough to make a huge swing. No 4th guard is that much of a game changer, no matter the steal we got.
Many of you are stuck in a one-dimensional pattern of thinking.

What about Malik Monk? He missed the last 11 games, including the play-ins. The KINGS were controlling and leading for most of the Dallas game that he got injured in and ended going 5-7 to end the season (including the DAL game and play-ins).

Don’t you think just having Monk healthy and available changes things? The path the KINGS were on up until that point says “yes”. They were also a home court playoff team the season before with a healthy Monk. So the evidence is there.

Adding a player like Carter only strengthens what they have, as does the evolving and developing Keon Ellis and Keegan Murray (among others).

Why so many here not only gloss over the loss of Monk, but also don’t seem open to possibility of continued internal development and improvement is puzzling. Again, there’s far too much one-dimensional thinking going on around here.

Don't think the Kings think of him as a 4th guard.

The Markkanen thing is going to be a no go most likely because everyone, including Ainge, thinks he’s a franchise difference maker worth 5 picks plus. Don’t fall for it Monte.

Ingram should be a target
DDR should be a target
Kuzma should be a target…I’m in opposition to others who think he’s not worth it. He would be
Jerami Grant may be a target but I havent heard 1 rumor on him
Id still look at Lavine in a DDR deal if that’s even possible

The Markkanen thing is going to be a no go most likely because everyone, including Ainge, thinks he’s a franchise difference maker worth 5 picks plus. Don’t fall for it Monte.

Ingram should be a target
DDR should be a target
Kuzma should be a target…I’m in opposition to others who think he’s not worth it. He would be
Jerami Grant may be a target but I havent heard 1 rumor on him
Id still look at Lavine in a DDR deal if that’s even possible
I’m with you on Kuzma more affordable. A lot of his issues could be corrected by a solid coach and organization.

Kuzma isn’t bad at all.

I side with Barling on this. He’s never specifically cited it but he’s implied people may reject Kuzma for how he dresses.

I truly think a lot of the rejection of him stems from that time he showed up to a game dressed like Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman.

I think people internalized him as an unserious player after that. Even if they can’t specifically remember why.

He would definitely improve the Kings though while not depleting the Kings draft stock into the next decade.

Many of you are stuck in a one-dimensional pattern of thinking.

What about Malik Monk? He missed the last 11 games, including the play-ins. The KINGS were controlling and leading for most of the Dallas game that he got injured in and ended going 5-7 to end the season (including the DAL game and play-ins).

Don’t you think just having Monk healthy and available changes things? The path the KINGS were on up until that point says “yes”. They were also a home court playoff team the season before with a healthy Monk. So the evidence is there.

Adding a player like Carter only strengthens what they have, as does the evolving and developing Keon Ellis and Keegan Murray (among others).

Why so many here not only gloss over the loss of Monk, but also don’t seem open to possibility of continued internal development and improvement is puzzling. Again, there’s far too much one-dimensional thinking going on around here.
I agree with this, and I would also include that Ellis over Huerter is an upgrade solely based off of what each player brings.

Huerter can keep you in a game if he is hot, and even win you one. But those are big IFs. If you look back on when Huerter went down and Ellis was inserted into the starting lineup, the Kings no longer had those first quarter lulls where we couldn't score or stop the other team. Ellis brought so much defense to the starting lineup that his defense not only helped stop the other team, it provided the Kings with easy scoring opportunities to keep from having that lull with his steals, deflections, timely help defense, and POA defense.

Realistically, from what I saw, once Ellis came into the starting lineup the glaring hole became "no Monk off the bench" to bring in that needed firepower to sustain.

I also am a firm believer in losing Davion was addition by subtraction. I like Davion but he is just too short and not long enough to guard anything bigger than Steph Curry (case in point Klay hitting a game winner over him early last season where a longer defender <cough Ellis cough Carter> would have been able to alter his shot and not give him as clean a look).

Kuzma isn’t bad at all.

I side with Barling on this. He’s never specifically cited it but he’s implied people may reject Kuzma for how he dresses.

I truly think a lot of the rejection of him stems from that time he showed up to a game dressed like Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman.

I think people internalized him as an unserious player after that. Even if they can’t specifically remember why.

He would definitely improve the Kings though while not depleting the Kings draft stock into the next decade.
I think it is more his "Hollywood" personality doesn't seem to fit on our "blue collar" and lighthearted team.

Kuzma isn’t bad at all.

I went to the Washington game last year. Got a great look at him during the game. All I know is that on the right team, he could be a matchup problem. He’s big but super mobile. Has good handles and is a good passer. Definitely has bad play moments and in Washington has been prone to bad shots but I think those go away if he’s on this team.

i think he would be great paired with Domas and Keegan.

I went to the Washington game last year. Got a great look at him during the game. All I know is that on the right team, he could be a matchup problem. He’s big but super mobile. Has good handles and is a good passer. Definitely has bad play moments and in Washington has been prone to bad shots but I think those go away if he’s on this team.

Kuzma's CV isn't that impressive and doesn't scream perfect fit but I could see context having a positive impact.

Good to hear considering he might very well be the target.
I never really understood the knocks on him but I don’t see many games. I also don’t hear anything regarding injury history and it’s a decent long term contract.

Last edited: