Kings after Ingram

You should feel great about it, if true.

Trading Keegan to get Lauri doesn’t make this team much better, if at all. The idea should be to add to the current core talent, not trade one very good player for another very good player. In this case, they’d lose defense for more consistent offense. Does that make the team better? Likely not.

While certainly difficult, the goal is to add to Keegan, Domas, Swipa, Monk, and now Carter. You don’t accomplish that by trading one of them away.

That’s precisely why these types of deals take time and are hard to come by. However there is a faction of armchair fantasy league GM’s that are under the impression that ideal trades can be willed into existence because their Playstation or Xbox always allows them to do so.
I think Lauri would make us significantly better instantly. He would give us such major advantages on offense we would be damn near impossible to game plan for. DHO, one on one, pick and pop, motion offense. With Lauri, he can do all of it and do it well. Keegan has nowhere near the offensive capabilities of Lauri, at least not presently. Defensively, Keegan is better but Lauri isn’t a sieve either. He’s capable on that end and is a good rebounder. It’s not fair to compare them though, as one player is basically just hitting his stride in the league and the other is a very proven commodity.

I mentioned in the BI thread, if you could land Ingram and keep Keegan, which would be the likely scenario should it materialize, that would be a more preferred outcome over getting Lauri but losing Keegan, at least in my eyes. If Monte can somehow land Lauri without losing Keegan, then you do it. We are going to have push our chips all in at some point. I think Lauri is worth the gamble.

The only thing I'm holding hope out on is there's been such little movement from everybody. Only Murray trade and Caruso trade being the significant swaps thus far seems kinda crazy. No Kuz, no Grant, no Vuc, no LaVine, no BI, no Lauri, no Capela, etc. Feels like teams are stuck right now for some reason.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The only thing I'm holding hope out on is there's been such little movement from everybody. Only Murray trade and Caruso trade being the significant swaps thus far seems kinda crazy. No Kuz, no Grant, no Vuc, no LaVine, no BI, no Lauri, no Capela, etc. Feels like teams are stuck right now for some reason.
The Bridges trade still hasn’t even been stamped and delivered. I think there’s just a lot of teams trying to navigate the new cap rules and not enough teams there to provide outlets or safety valves for them.

We have been tied to so many names at this point, I don’t have the faintest idea of what trade we actually want to come to fruition. Sounds like Lauri is option number one, but Ingram is a very close second too. DDR has been tossed around but who knows at what level the talks were (superficial or serious).

I cringe at the thought of what Ainge deems is acceptable but if we don't touch Fox, Keegan, Domas, Monk and hopefully not Carter because I think I love that kid already, I am moderately ok with whatever. I just think we're going to regret those draft picks down the road.
if there is significant draft picks involved from Monte's side, one has to hope Ainge saves Monte from himself because this is not the way to build a long term winner. Kings need to keep those draft picks at all costs and so what is the alternative then? Fox needs to re-adjust his game and Keegan needs to continue his development, Sabonis needs to be utilized in another manner that has him taking more shots and not bulldozing his way into defenders that can take the hits. Carter will take a couple of seasons to evaluate to determine whether he can be a building piece or a valuable trade asset for a new crop of players that will be available. Happens every off season, we know who is available this summer.

I feel like this is gonna turn into a 4-5 team trade.
Huerter to chicago
Barnes to New Orleans
Ingram to Utah
Marketeen to Sacramento
Derozen to San Antonio

lots of filler and picks included
Isn't looking bad at all for all participents :) maybe only Pelicans :)
But after last year i think HB is perfect suit for them , we wil be able to beat them finally if he switches sides :)

P.S. If DeRozen also goes in SA they will sudenly move from bottom place to first 6 contender ...
Will be even more dofficult season for playoff basketball ...

Getting a legit big 3 guy now at the expense of Carter is fine, but makes salary-dumping Davion really stupid.
perhaps though I think that spot is going to be pressed for minutes. Young trees don’t sprout in crowded groves.

as crowded as our backcourt is: Carter (who is promising) is going to have to fight for playing time. We just don’t have that many minutes available for a player of his length.

you have 96 guard minutes in an NBA game.
  • Fox will get 32-34 minutes a game
  • Keon will get at least 28-30 as our best defender hands down with Davion gone
  • Malik is likely also getting 28-30 minutes a game
  • that totals to 88 - 94 minutes gone
  • Huerter will either also demand minutes or be traded for a 3 like BI who will take 28-30 minutes at the 3.
  • That also ignores any progress made by Colby Jones or Duarte in the off season.

Last edited:
perhaps though I think that spot is going to be pressed for minutes. Young trees don’t sprout in crowded groves.

as crowded as our backcourt is: Carter (who is promising) is going to have to fight for playing time. We just don’t have that many minutes available for a player of his length.

you have 96 minutes in an NBA game.
  • Fox will get 32-34 minutes a game
  • Keon will get at least 28-30 as our best defender hands down with Davion gone
  • Malik is likely also getting 28-30 minutes a game
  • that totals to 88 - 94 minutes gone
  • Huerter will either also demand minutes or be traded for a 3 like BI who will take 28-30 minutes at the 3.
  • That also ignores any progress made by Colby Jones or Duarte in the off season.
Injuries are part of the game. Huerters injury opened the door for Keon last year (with Duarte also getting looks). Fox is no stranger to missing some time. That's why I look at Devin Carter as a better fit than Davion, especially if Huerter ends up traded. He appears to be more dynamic on both sides of the ball. (Assuming Carter isn't traded too)

I feel like this is gonna turn into a 4-5 team trade.
Huerter to chicago
Barnes to New Orleans
Ingram to Utah
Marketeen to Sacramento
Derozen to San Antonio

lots of filler and picks included
This certainly work if teams decided together to pool in the draft capitals for Utah and Pelicans. For example, Spurs can give Bulls a 2nd rounder for the DeRozen trade + Huerter. Kings give Pelicans 1st round and two more 1st rounds to Utah for Lauri. That should be enough since Utah got Ingram. The problem is Utah probably don't want Ingram. He's no difference than retaining Lauri.

Injuries are part of the game. Huerters injury opened the door for Keon last year (with Duarte also getting looks). Fox is no stranger to missing some time. That's why I look at Devin Carter as a better fit than Davion, especially if Huerter ends up traded. He appears to be more dynamic on both sides of the ball. (Assuming Carter isn't traded too)
yeah it does open up time but we have a hole at 3 without injuries.

Of all the players out there beside Lauri, Ingram fits the Kings better. He can play defense (not greatest) but he can play defense like Keegan of last year...numbers are similar. But he put up more points, attack the basket and he can shoot 3s better than say...DeRozen. Kings should go for him. Do not go for Kuzma...he's a terrible defender....as bad as Barnes. I do not mind Zach Lavine but his contract is too much. His stats are excellent whenever he's on the court. If only his contract is $25-35mil, it'll be a no brainer to get him. Lauri is also a terrible defender but exceptional at putting up points. Kings should just focus on Ingram.

I wonder if we can get Ingram along with DeRozen? Bulls will have to ship Vucevic to Pelicans and in return get a 1st round from Kings and 2nd round from Pelicans. Pelicans also get 1st round from Kings. It's a matter of contracts and how much these two want....can't be too high though to make it work.

Last edited: