KHTK

Man, I wish the Kings would start cheating... I am not sure what they should do, but if it meant winning, I'd be for it.

Let's see, they could:
- Overinflate the basketball so it bounces higher and faster to help with the up-tempo game.
- More flopping - if they can lose a game because of an untimely flop, why not do it ourselves?
- Fans could disconnect power to the arena whenever the Kings are 20 points behind...
- Shoes lined with Flubber... it worked in the movies...
- Air-Bud: there has to be a dog that can play a mean 2 guard.
- Remember the tag-team duo the Killer Bees? They would wear masks and would hide under the mat and switch masks with other wrestlers to continue fighting... I think we need DMC and Hollins to switch jerseys so DMC can get 12 fouls a game.
- Steroids... The Kings could sell them to make money.
- Dead spots in the floor... we need lots of them and have Collison memorize the map of them...

And other ideas?
Looks like Darren Collison took my advice and flopped!!! And Won!!!

I don't spend much time listening to Napear, because his show starts near the end of my shift: remember that 15:00 for you guys is 18:00 for me. My typical weekday routine is to listen to the last two hours of Keith Brooks and Carmichael Dave, then cut the thing off when they switch to Jim Rome (whom I can't stand) and listen to the podcast-ed Tony Kornheiser Show + music for the next three hours (once a week, I'll listen to the Short Corner podcast and/or Colt Cabana's podcast, instead of the music), and then I turn the thing back on for Deuce Mason and Jason Ross, which ends up being a mistake more often than it isn't. By the time Napear's show comes on, I'm typically doing part of my job which doesn't put me in a position where I can sit down and listen to it, anyway.

But yeah, based on what I've heard, Napear's show is the worst. The only thing worse than the Jim Rome show is a cheap, watered-down knock off of the Jim Rome show. I do indeed tune into KHTK because I want to hear the Kings talk: I don't root for the Giants or the Athletics, even when I can be bothered to pay attention to baseball, and I obviously don't give a rat's ass about the Niners or the Raiders. AFAIC, the Kings are the only reason to ever listen to that station.
Rack it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bah!

And Kornheiser is taking the week off, too. Fortunately, I have a few back episodes of His and Hers and Rachel and Miles to catch up on.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Man, I wish the Kings would start cheating... I am not sure what they should do, but if it meant winning, I'd be for it.

Let's see, they could:
- Overinflate the basketball so it bounces higher and faster to help with the up-tempo game.
- More flopping - if they can lose a game because of an untimely flop, why not do it ourselves?
- Fans could disconnect power to the arena whenever the Kings are 20 points behind...
- Shoes lined with Flubber... it worked in the movies...
- Air-Bud: there has to be a dog that can play a mean 2 guard.
- Remember the tag-team duo the Killer Bees? They would wear masks and would hide under the mat and switch masks with other wrestlers to continue fighting... I think we need DMC and Hollins to switch jerseys so DMC can get 12 fouls a game.
- Steroids... The Kings could sell them to make money.
- Dead spots in the floor... we need lots of them and have Collison memorize the map of them...

And other ideas?
NBA 3.1: Cheat your way to paceyness!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not often awake at this hour of the morning. Today, though, I found myself wide awake and semi-alert (thank you, coffee!). I figured I'd tune into KHTK (via Internet) and listen to Carmichael Dave.

It's no secret to anyone here that I respect Dave. I've listened to him over the years, argued with him on websites, and even met him in person a few times (he's taller than I thought he would be, btw). I still miss his independent podcasts with Sean Thomas, times when Dave could truly be himself and had a partner on the airwaves that complemented him.

I will say once again that I detest Keith Brooks. There is zero chemistry between Dave and Keith and it impacts the entire show. If I could, I would gladly mute Keith and listen only to Dave, but apparently there is no such option.

I am renewing my campaign (albeit unofficial) to remove Keith Brooks from KHTK. I sent an email to Stevecottingim@cbsradio.com and I'm encouraging any of you who feel the same to do likewise. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to voice our feelings, especially when merely having Keith Brooks on the air with Dave is having a negative impact on the number of sports fans who tune into KHTK in the mornings.

Dave is one of us. I'd like to see him have a show he AND WE deserve.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Latest in the never-ending saga:

KHTK1140 tweeted some information about possibly winning tickets to see Sammy Hagar in concert by listening to @KeithBrooks1140 and @carmichaeldave for more information. I, using what I thought was remarkable restraint, said that while I would love to see Sammy Hagar, I just couldn't listen to Keith Brooks to do it.

Know what happened? I was blocked by Keith Brooks, who apparently can't take the criticism from an elderly female listener who used NO profanity, no insults, etc. I simply stated a fact.

I'm about ready to start a petition drive to get that bozo off the air, or at least make sure KHTK is FULLY aware of just how many listeners he is alienating. Listeners = revenue to a radio station and I just cannot understand how Brooks can continue to stink up the airwaves and retain his job.

Yes, I'm upset. Not about being blocked by someone who is a supposed radio personality, but by the fact he thinks he's somehow above criticism.

General information:

TheKeithBrooksShow @KeithBrooks1140 - 849 followers
CarmichaelDave @carmichaeldave - 21.3K followers

Anybody else think Brooks is suffering from follower envy?

Twitter blocking is such a sign of weakness I'm always surprised when I see it or hear about it. My hat is off to Aaron Bruski and Carmichael Dave specifically because they dish it out AND take it - they don't "block" (at least not much and I'm sure I've tempted them).

On the other hand, Keith Brooks falls in the same steaming pile with Marcos Breton and Leslie Moore = weenies who dish it out but can't take it. Seriously if you are going to be a "social media somebody" you'd better have a thick skin and have the good sense not to go blocking people - it makes you look so soft and weak.

It is weird too, I honestly truly dislike Keith Brooks as a radio personality so much that I don't listen. KHTK doesn't know it - the advertisers don't know it - there's no way to make it a louder protest... I just don't tune in. So when I hear through the grapevine that Keith Brooks is not on the morning show anymore, I'll tune in. That simple.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...So when I hear through the grapevine that Keith Brooks is not on the morning show anymore, I'll tune in. That simple.
You won't need to wait for the grapevine. When it happens, I'll be shouting it from the rooftops and all over the cyberweb. :)

Latest in the never-ending saga:

KHTK1140 tweeted some information about possibly winning tickets to see Sammy Hagar in concert by listening to @KeithBrooks1140 and @carmichaeldave for more information. I, using what I thought was remarkable restraint, said that while I would love to see Sammy Hagar, I just couldn't listen to Keith Brooks to do it.

Know what happened? I was blocked by Keith Brooks, who apparently can't take the criticism from an elderly female listener who used NO profanity, no insults, etc. I simply stated a fact.

I'm about ready to start a petition drive to get that bozo off the air, or at least make sure KHTK is FULLY aware of just how many listeners he is alienating. Listeners = revenue to a radio station and I just cannot understand how Brooks can continue to stink up the airwaves and retain his job.

Yes, I'm upset. Not about being blocked by someone who is a supposed radio personality, but by the fact he thinks he's somehow above criticism.

General information:

TheKeithBrooksShow @KeithBrooks1140 - 849 followers
CarmichaelDave @carmichaeldave - 21.3K followers

Anybody else think Brooks is suffering from follower envy?
This does not surprise me at all. Along with being obnoxious, annoying, unprofessional, etc, etc, etc...he is says some of the most insulting, juvenile things...and when anyone throws it back at him, it is crystal clear this guy cannot take any sort of criticism. He gets all pissy and serious if anyone busts his chops. It's pretty embarrassing this guy is still employed with the morning show.

Add me to the list of people who can't stand Keith Brooks. I want to listen to them in the morning on my drive but I just can't. I tried for a while but it just made my ears hurt. i like Dave and Mike D. Nate Goodyear, I can tolerate, even though he comes off as a pretentious Dbag a lot of the time. He at least makes coherent and sound arguments. Brooks is just a bumbling idiot.

K

Kingsguy881

Ok yes Brooks is a pretentious, stupid sounding midget, wannabe tough guy from the cheese toast (East Coast). His single minded love of all things Boston is annoying, stupid, and oh yeah stupid, 'hey bro, we are 3k miles away, we don't give a s- about Boston'. Yes he obviously can't make a relationship work, we get all that. Which is why we love Dave. Which is why I love Dave. He is the opposite of all of this. I can't stand that little MMA wanna be midget.

I still listen for Dave tho. I couldn't stand him not being on the radio anymore.

However, my least liked personality HAS to be Dave Mason. This punk is constantly pumping himself up as 'the beacon of physical fitness (yeah right dude you're such a douche, even physical fitness can't help you)". He is always unhappy. He complains about EVERYTHING. Dude, he needs to get laid. Even if it's paid for. Just freaking get some. He sounds like such a whiny little homegurl.

(Sarcasm) You're on the radio bro, you are so cool! You are unhappy but you can tell so many people about it, yeah, you rock!

To steal from the movie 'Waiting', he's like the smartest kid with down syndrome. They should replace Keith with Kreidler and Mason with Kayte Christensen.

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just an example of how "cool" Keith Brooks is:

upload_2015-3-23_20-7-16.jpeg

Note the New York Knicks shirt, the Boston cap and the oh-so-popular "Sinn Fein" tattoo. Why exactly is this bozo on the radio here???????????

K

Kingsguy881

I hate to keep clowning but look how small his hands are. I have a Samsung Note also and my middle and ring fingers wrap around my phone and my index hits the edge when I hold my phone like this. I'm 6'2" so obviously he is below average height for a man. Prolly drives a big truck he has to jump into.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hate to keep clowning but look how small his hands are. I have a Samsung Note also and my middle and ring fingers wrap around my phone and my index hits the edge when I hold my phone like this. I'm 6'2" so obviously he is below average height for a man. Prolly drives a big truck he has to jump into.
Dude, you're gonna make me feel like I have to defend him. :p

It's not about his size, it's not about how small his hands are. It's about what a poor fit he is for the Sacramento market and how many listeners KHTK is losing out on during the 5-9 slot because of him. It's truly sad that someone as popular as Carmichael Dave is being hurt in the ratings because the idiot on the show with him is driving people away in droves.

K

Kingsguy881

Dude, you're gonna make me feel like I have to defend him. :p

It's not about his size, it's not about how small his hands are. It's about what a poor fit he is for the Sacramento market and how many listeners KHTK is losing out on during the 5-9 slot because of him. It's truly sad that someone as popular as Carmichael Dave is being hurt in the ratings because the idiot on the show with him is driving people away in droves.
Oh it is totally about his size.

Ever hear of a condition called 'small mans complex'? Its the number 1 reason whh he tries to dominate the topics and why Dave lets it happen.

i also have 'shorter' friends. And i have learned to make sure to let them have their say. Its a bigger problem if a bigger, more virile man constantly takes the lead over a chihuahua. They bite ankles and shake for a few reasons. They cant reach knees. The world 'looks down on them'. They have to 'fight' for reapect. They find it hard to get tall women which limits their choices. They are jealous of tall men. There are so many reasons. Why do you think short men are the loudest? They have to be bigger sonewhere.

K

Kingsguy881

Wait a minute, let's back up a few posts, here: what the hell is wrong with the East Coast?
Nothing, I just used a term most people aren't used to so I kinda defined it. I heard today on the radio Keif made a small (no pun about his size) mention about keeping his smaller than average self in shape. Dave got a decent chuckle out of it. I guess a listener approached Keif at the gym and asked him about Phoenix. I'm listening thinking to myself 'why are sports talk radio hosts talking about a midget at the gym'? The more that wack cheese toaster (East Coaster) talks about himself, the worse this show gets. This IS the West Coast, and the less we talk hear about the West Coast sports the less we want to listen. If I drive 30 minutes to work, shouldn't I hear about Sac or Nor Cal sports for a second instead of the Patriots and Comedy clubs and Keif at the gym? I'm a huge Kings fan but I would rather hear about Berkley and UC Davis than the crap on 1140 in the morning. I forego listening to a kicker amp pushing a Kenwood sub in a custom built box for this crap. Not for long tho.