KHTK

LOL I guess Damian whatshisface on the afternoon show got suspended for something he said about the Kings. So Ken and Jason Ross just walked off the show.
that is crap. i listened to the show cuz i was out driving and thought "damn, he is saying on air what i am thinking" he was actually saying what 99% of what the national media was thinking. I was glad he actually called out the kings and vlade instead of suck up to them and act like their crap doesnt stink. I am glad his coworkers are standing up for him too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Someone definitely silenced Dave, he has NEVER been this quiet on Twitter before
I honestly don't think so. That's not who Dave is. I'm pretty sure my post earlier, outlining how many hours he'd been up and how stressful this all has been is most likely why he just took a break. We'll know in about 6 hours, though. I really hope I'm right...

Sounded like no Dave this morning either and still social media silence! With social media dominating now Grant can't control the message like he used, Kings PR is panicking.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings fans - Be sure and check out the DeMarcus Cousins Watch thread in the NBA forum. I've posted a link to an article written by Carmichael Dave about Boogie that is well worth reading. :)

Good to hear Damien address grants comment yesterday about howngrant knows vlade and he is not a liar.
This is the problem. Peaches is friends with #21 and has been singing his praises since the day he got involved with the owner and front office. He's not objective and never will be. Doesn't matter how terrible #21 is at the job, Peaches isn't ever going to be critical. It's the exact opposite of the DeMarcus Cousins situation, wherein nothing good would ever be said because it didn't fit the agenda.

Well, I hope Peaches loves what the team looks like now. It has no star player. No consistent scoring threat. No rebounding. No toughness. But at least nobody complains or has a scowl on their face.

I sure wish the Maloofs could come back to Sacramento and pick up the red-headed step child they left behind. Take him to Vegas already to ***** and complain about hockey game fights.

Damien: I don't know vlade. Vlade the GM is not trustworthy. He lied to the press and he lied to cousins Agent.
At least Damien has some common sense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've been scrolling Twitter and cannot believe some of the vitriol coming from Howdy Doody. I said it there and I'll repeat it here: He's like the playground bully who actually got his victim suspended and now he's going to gloat about it forever.

The thing about Vlade REALLY bothers me, for the simple reason I do not think Napear would be quite so jovial about Boogie's departure without some kind of go-ahead from somebody in the front office. This is a bad image to have out there. Do they really think future players/agents aren't watching all this?

I've been scrolling Twitter and cannot believe some of the vitriol coming from Howdy Doody. I said it there and I'll repeat it here: He's like the playground bully who actually got his victim suspended and now he's going to gloat about it forever.

The thing about Vlade REALLY bothers me, for the simple reason I do not think Napear would be quite so jovial about Boogie's departure without some kind of go-ahead from somebody in the front office. This is a bad image to have out there. Do they really think future players/agents aren't watching all this?
It's a shame. He may wear two hats but one should be held accountable for what one does in public. Especially if it puts the organization in a bad light. I know I would be in my job.

I don't think it takes anyone in the Kings FO to approve to have Grant spewing vitriol unchecked:
Napear does that as an automatic. Hell, after his power play worked in getting Demarcus tossed from Sac unceremoniously, and now that the Kings are aided by anyone throwing dirt on Boogie, he's a complete loose cannon.

In fact, I'd wager that the Kings FO is afraid of Grant Napear.

Yes, I said it, and I've been laughed at for years for saying that Napear affects the Kings basketball decisions whatsoever, but all those KF's that thought that were proven wrong by history, given how this thing has played out.

Napear has a regional AND national bully-pulpit to spew invective on anyone he cares to.
Noone in the Kings FO can possibly compete with that kind of public persuasion. Not even Vlade, or even Vivek. If Napear decided to, he could run a public smear campaign to get Vivek tossed out as majority shareholder. Complete with sycophantic toady callers agreeing with every attack he makes.
The FO doesn;t dare pee off Grant Napear. He's literally the most powerful Kings employee when it comes to fashioning public perception.

And the revolting part is - this public perception has little to do with reality or facts.
Blame can be shifted completely to a player, when the mistakes were almost all organizational ones for not putting together a better team.

What you do as a player on the court (or a FO off the court) can be completely ignored, in favor of spin and attitude.

We are in the "alternative facts" part of history now, folks, and it doesn;t matter what's true - it only matters how loudly you can lie to the people, and how often you can spew it to the public.
The lies become the reality - that's already been proven.

The Kings FO needs Napear to stay on their side - they couldn't afford to pee him off and have him bashing them constantly, day after day after week after week, costing them millions of dollars.

This is exactly what Napear wanted, and Demarcus was the last obstacle to his reign.

He won.

We laughed it off and doubted it for years but if you have followed this team closely for years if Grant hates you enough your gone, no matter the regime. Silly that we let our PBP guy have such an influence.

So Grant yells at anyone tweeting him Boogies absurd statline that he doesn't care because Boogie is not a Kings player anymore, yet retweets Boogies suspension announcement?o_O

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't think it takes anyone in the Kings FO to approve to have Grant spewing vitriol unchecked:
Napear does that as an automatic. Hell, after his power play worked in getting Demarcus tossed from Sac unceremoniously, and now that the Kings are aided by anyone throwing dirt on Boogie, he's a complete loose cannon.

Yes, I said it, and I've been laughed at for years for saying that Napear affects the Kings basketball decisions whatsoever, but all those KF's that thought that were proven wrong by history, given how this thing has played out.

Napear has a regional AND national bully-pulpit to spew invective on anyone he cares to.
Noone in the Kings FO can possibly compete with that kind of public persuasion. Not even Vlade, or even Vivek. If Napear decided to, he could run a public smear campaign to get Vivek tossed out as majority shareholder. Complete with sycophantic toady callers agreeing with every attack he makes.
The FO doesn;t dare pee off Grant Napear. He's literally the most powerful Kings employee when it comes to fashioning public perception.

And the revolting part is - this public perception has little to do with reality or facts.
Blame can be shifted completely to a player, when the mistakes were almost all organizational ones for not putting together a better team.

What you do as a player on the court (or a FO off the court) can be completely ignored, in favor of spin and attitude.

We are in the "alternative facts" part of history now, folks, and it doesn;t matter what's true - it only matters how loudly you can lie to the people, and how often you can spew it to the public.

The Kings FO needs Napear to stay on their side - they couldn't afford to pee him off and have him bashing them constantly, day after day after week after week, costing them millions of dollars.

This is exactly what Napear wanted, and Demarcus was the last obstacle to his reign.

He won.
I didn't read the whole note so may have missed something important. I can't for the life of me imagine a radio broadcaster of little import (does anyone know who Napear is outside the Sacto area?) getting a player bounced as you call it because the FO is afraid of him. You are absolutely correct that "this public perception has little to do with reality or facts." Why carry on about an idea that even you concede may make little sense?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

He won.
If you're gonna keep posting stuff like this, you're gonna have to add a disclaimer.

People ascribe WAY too much power to radio personalities..

It's partly a function of the this being a one horse town in terms of media scrutiny(BEE). I'm not sure if anyone else has lived in larger media market which also has a sports team. You may or may not like Grant's subtle and his not so subtle critique of Cousins or BJax or Webber in the past. But, it's singular and relatively mild on the continuum of criticism. People are only discussing it in Sacramento because there is no counter balance..

Can somebody fill me in on Grant Napear/Bobby Jackson?

Obviously his beef with Webber and Cousins was well documented. Never heard any problems with Bobby.

Notice how Grant seems to have always taken issue with the Kings best player? I'll never forget "John Salmons will make you forget Ron Artest ever existed". He always belittled Kevin Martin in his show. He didn't want Webber to re-sign. Anti-Cousins. I'm guessing Reke never got railed against...and maybe not Peja in his brief stint as "THE guy"

Can somebody fill me in on Grant Napear/Bobby Jackson?

Obviously his beef with Webber and Cousins was well documented. Never heard any problems with Bobby.

Notice how Grant seems to have always taken issue with the Kings best player? I'll never forget "John Salmons will make you forget Ron Artest ever existed". He always belittled Kevin Martin in his show. He didn't want Webber to re-sign. Anti-Cousins. I'm guessing Reke never got railed against...and maybe not Peja in his brief stint as "THE guy"
If I remember correctly, when Bobby tore muscles in his abdominal wall, Grant openly criticized him for not playing and tried to undermine the significance of that kind of injury. Bobby maybe had the most heart of anybody on that team... still blows me away that Napear tried to convince the fan base that he was exaggerating and sitting out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If I remember correctly, when Bobby tore muscles in his abdominal wall, Grant openly criticized him for not playing and tried to undermine the significance of that kind of injury. Bobby maybe had the most heart of anybody on that team... still blows me away that Napear tried to convince the fan base that he was exaggerating and sitting out.
Yep. That's exactly what happened.

Someone definitely silenced Dave, he has NEVER been this quiet on Twitter before
i listen to rise guys 1320 and they said one of the radio guys on khtk was served some papers to STFU and not criticize the org. really lame if you ask me. vivek have really thin skin and can't take the heat.

i remember that and how he did chris. the straw that broke the camels back for me was when he turned on the fans for the maloofs. he showed his true colors.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
i listen to rise guys 1320 and they said one of the radio guys on khtk was served some papers to STFU and not criticize the org. really lame if you ask me. vivek have really thin skin and can't take the heat.
I'm pretty sure this had nothing to do with Dave. He was off the program and Twitter because, to quote a couple of people, he had the "sick poopies."

I'd like to hear more about this alleged serving of "some papers" telling a radio personality to STFU and not criticize the Kings. I strongly suspect someone is vastly overstating a situation.