KHTK

Almost TOO good. I'm buying a house right now, already stressed. :)
Pair of guys on another station , also on in the morning, always said they wouldn't take vacation cause they were worried about management eventually finding their replacement. Or the audience liking their fill in more than them.

Kinda paranoid but their history had them moving around quite a bit before landing here in sac. Now they're getting pretty damn big so I'm sure they feel a tad more secure.

I'm in love with the Kings, as many of us here are. I'm as frustrated as anybody but this morning I woke up and felt good because I'm not one of the moronic, Jekyll and Hyde, fans that call Napear and use speculation and idiocy to make opinions about this team. Just sucks the masses are led by idiots and the ring master, napear, let's them get away with it because he hates cousins. He's so hypocritical about what he let's fans get away with when they insult cousins versus other players.

A certain morning show host who claims a lovely suburb northeast of Sacramento as his name has to go in my opinion. Before he got canned a couple years ago, he spoke fearlessly with passion and conviction about the Kings and their dysfunctional ways. Since his return he's the biggest apologist on the station. Deuce brings it every day, because unlike the Positive One, he isn't afraid to lose his job. Every time the Positive One speaks I just throw up in my mouth. It's to the point where its actually sad.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A certain morning show host who claims a lovely suburb northeast of Sacramento as his name has to go in my opinion. Before he got canned a couple years ago, he spoke fearlessly with passion and conviction about the Kings and their dysfunctional ways. Since his return he's the biggest apologist on the station. Deuce brings it every day, because unlike the Positive One, he isn't afraid to lose his job. Every time the Positive One speaks I just throw up in my mouth. It's to the point where its actually sad.
I'm sure Carmichael Dave can take it if you actually use his name instead of trying to be clever.

I'm only leaving this here because Dave doesn't need anyone to censor criticism of him or worry about hurting his feelings. You're free to have whatever opinion of him you choose; I personally think you're delusional.

Thanks for playing.

Mom please stop posting

But I guess you did miss the part where I was about the loudest person possible calling for a coaching change last season (ouch, it was Karl but still passionate and not an apologist) and also missed the part this year when I said Karl was failing miserably at his job.

I'm not ever going to be negative (or positive) just because it's incendiary or the "right way the breeze is blowing". There are some out there, if it fits the way they feel, that think "going negative" means truth telling or passion.

I disagree with Deuce on some things. Hell, Grant and I disagree to the extreme about Cousins, and I love and respect Grant unlike any other. I say what I think at all times. True, I can't always say everything I know, but if I did that I would stop knowing things very quickly.

For every statement over the past few weeks someone on the show makes about the team, the texters will almost always be in unanimous disagreement with each other. There are so many splits in KingsLand it's silly. And to be expected when times are tough.

I love my job, but I would stop loving it if I got handcuffed or censored. I experienced that 4 years ago. And I'd do it again.

Say what you want about ownership, but not once have I been asked to lay off, cool it, or anything else resembling censorship. I have no fear of losing my job because if I did, I know what to do. I learned that last time.

I don't masquerade as a journalist, I'm a Kings fan with a mic. I don't claim to be anything else. If that doesn't work for you, I respect that. But please don't make the mistake of thinking I don't speak my mind, simply because our opinions don't match.

Last edited:
But I guess you did miss the part where I was about the loudest person possible calling for a coaching change last season (ouch, it was Karl but still passionate and not an apologist) and also missed the part this year when I said Karl was failing miserably at his job.

I'm not ever going to be negative (or positive) just because it's incendiary or the "right way the breeze is blowing". There are some out there, if it fits the way they feel, that think "going negative" means truth telling or passion.

I disagree with Deuce on some things. Hell, Grant and I disagree to the extreme about Cousins, and I love and respect Grant unlike any other. I say what I think at all times. True, I can't always say everything I know, but if I did that I would stop knowing things very quickly.

For every statement over the past few weeks someone on the show makes about the team, the texters will almost always be in unanimous disagreement with each other. There are so many splits in KingsLand it's silly. And to be expected when times are tough.

I love my job, but I would stop loving it if I got handcuffed or censored. I experienced that 4 years ago. And I'd do it again.

Say what you want about ownership, but not once have I asked to lay off, cool it, or anything else resembling censorship. I have no fear of losing my job because if I did, I know what to do. I learned that last time.

I don't masquerade as a journalist, I'm a Kings fan with a mic. I don't claim to be anything else. If that doesn't work for you, I respect that. But please don't make the mistake of thinking I don't speak my mind, simply because our opinions don't match.

Say what you want about ownership, but not once have I been asked to lay off, cool it, or anything else resembling censorship. I have no fear of losing my job because if I did, I know what to do. I learned that last time.

The reality is that you have pushed the playoff agenda all season and there has been nothing to suggest that they have any shot to be a playoff team. Their defense, both team and individual, has been horrid all year. Their turnovers have been horrid all year. Their lack of adjustments based on their personnel has been horrid all year. The end of game catastrophic mistakes repeatedly say it all. Even during that winning streak, it was painfully obvious that the team had no chance of being a playoff team. ZERO! There was one quality win during that time. There have been a handful of quality wins this year. There have been a handful of quality efforts this year. And, for me, there have been a handful times when I walk away from the morning show thinking that you know what the hell you are talking about. VF 21 says your a big boy and you can take it, so that's that.

The reality is that you have pushed the playoff agenda all season and there has been nothing to suggest that they have any shot to be a playoff team. Their defense, both team and individual, has been horrid all year. Their turnovers have been horrid all year. Their lack of adjustments based on their personnel has been horrid all year. The end of game catastrophic mistakes repeatedly say it all. Even during that winning streak, it was painfully obvious that the team had no chance of being a playoff team. ZERO! There was one quality win during that time. There have been a handful of quality wins this year. There have been a handful of quality efforts this year. And, for me, there have been a handful times when I walk away from the morning show thinking that you know what the hell you are talking about. VF 21 says your a big boy and you can take it, so that's that.

Lol. "Pushing the playoff agenda??" Like what, some team-mandated initiative to indoctrinate fans into believing they could make it??

Dude, IM A FAN. And even if I weren't, 2 weeks ago they were actually IN the playoffs. 8 seed. By themselves. So as I expected from your tone, if I'm not pissed and hammering this team, if I'm optimistic at all, then I must be a purple glasses wearing homer who doesn't know basketball.

PS: in these parts lately, it's actually EASIER to constantly take the negative slant. That's where the wind is blowing. Anytime I try and see a bright side at all, I get killed for it. And I don't care. Would be far from the first time I said one thing and the public weathervane points the opposite. Don't care.

But to assume I don't know basketball because I actually once thought this team was playoff caliber (which again, they WERE) is ignorant and a little silly. But to each his own.

As I'm sure you have before, I would invite you to check out the many other wonderful choices our station has to offer, or- you know- make up your own mind and don't get bent out of shape what others think.

Lol. "Pushing the playoff agenda??" Like what, some team-mandated initiative to indoctrinate fans into believing they could make it??

Dude, IM A FAN. And even if I weren't, 2 weeks ago they were actually IN the playoffs. 8 seed. By themselves. So as I expected from your tone, if I'm not pissed and hammering this team, if I'm optimistic at all, then I must be a purple glasses wearing homer who doesn't know basketball.

PS: in these parts lately, it's actually EASIER to constantly take the negative slant. That's where the wind is blowing. Anytime I try and see a bright side at all, I get killed for it. And I don't care. Would be far from the first time I said one thing and the public weathervane points the opposite. Don't care.

But to assume I don't know basketball because I actually once thought this team was playoff caliber (which again, they WERE) is ignorant and a little silly. But to each his own.

As I'm sure you have before, I would invite you to check out the many other wonderful choices our station has to offer, or- you know- make up your own mind and don't get bent out of shape what others think.
Dave posting on Kingsfans at 1pm on a Saturday while in Monterrey/Carmel. Get a life ! :p

How do they fire Deuce but keep Nate Goodyear? That guy is terrible.
Exactly. Nate is the reason I have stopped listening to the mid day show. He is terrible.On the other hand, Deuce and Morgan were the life and the future of KHTK, and the only reason I listened anymore. I can't believe KHTK can be so blind and stupid to let those two go. I'm surprisingly distraught over this. I've made KHTK quite a part of my routine each day and it sucks to see those two get the axe. It's not right.

That's a bit surprising. I thought the 3 of them had a good thing going in the morning. Deuce could be a tad obnoxious at times , but not sure if that was his shtick .

I cannot for the life of me understand why Kayte is stuck in Sacramento. She's got such star power I can't believe ESPN or a network hasn't nabbed her.

KHTK and the Kings should lock her up contractually before it's too late (of course maybe they already did).

I know Dave posts here and it wasn't his choice, but this was pathetic to release this on April Fools day. It better be a joke. I liked to listen to all 3 of them in the morning, and in fact, stopped listening to a FM radio morning show because I wanted to support Dave's new show (never listened with KB). I would turn it on when my alarm went off, follow them in the car and turn it off at 9 AM (I can't stand Rome). Now that this change has been made, I'll stick to listening to Grant on the drive home. Thanks for making my mornings full of music again, KHTK