Kevin martin traded to rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that wholeheartedly such a shock I was never even thinking we could get Landry as earlier in the season he was being heavily hyped as a main reason why the Rockets were so much better than expected. Not only did he get shot and played in 3 weeks, he also had that gross tooth injury this year with Dirk and I think was back the next game piled up a nice efficient 20+ scoring effort.

This guy is the real deal folks, just a great find.

Both Woj and Amick are tweeting about Tmac and the Knicks, saying Tmacs agent will pressure kings to trade Tracy, and that he also reps Evans... Not entirely sure what the mean with that, and why repping Evans matters.

Landry averages 16.5 and 5.5 rebs in about 25 minutes off the bench. How is that Kenny Thomas??

And by the way...NO ONE'S...and I mean NO ONE'S jumper is as ugly as Kenny Thomas's jumper

marion's (were talking about image not efficiency)
noah's
shaq's (if he even has one)
chuck hayes on the ft line

Haha Tmacs agent pressuring them to move Tmac I think this is the first time as a Kings fan Ive never been so happy to hear that. Tmac is washed up at this point in his career, even if he did have even a little bit in the tank he will be injured soon. He really serves no purpose to this squad other than bringing on a guy like Okafor, Dalembert or getting Nocionis contract outta here.

I already love this trade and it hasnt even been completed yet:)

Landry and Brockman would make a scary WWE Smackdown tag team - been shot, teeth ripped out, razor elbows, jack-stomping muscle, smash-mouth ballin'.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Both Woj and Amick are tweeting about Tmac and the Knicks, saying Tmacs agent will pressure kings to trade Tracy, and that he also reps Evans... Not entirely sure what the mean with that, and why repping Evans matters.
Because one day we will have to deal wiht him when Reke reups.

That threat is often tossed aorund and often considered serious, but I always wonder just how sheepish are these kids that they would let an agent's grudge influence where they go to play? Agents are just strange beasts, they should be servants, but they often try to pull the stroings and make their employers (the players) dance their dance for their own purposes.

Because one day we will have to deal wiht him when Reke reups.

That threat is often tossed aorund and often considered serious, but I always wonder just how sheepish are these kids that they would let an agent's grudge influence where they go to play? Agents are just strange beasts, they should be servants, but they often try to pull the stroings and make their employers (the players) dance their dance for their own purposes.
I wonder how long a memory this agent has. We have Reke unde contract or a while. It just seems silly that we would make a trade because of an agent pressuring us, but in reality I'm fine with it, I hope we trade him anyways.

I like the comment I read somewhere that said if he stays with the Kings he is hoping to get bought out so he can sign with the Lakers or the Cavaliers.

I hope we keep him on the roster and he never sets foot on a court again this year.....

I hope the Kings do this trade.

Brad Miller
Tyrus Thomas
Kirk Hinrich
and a pick

for

Tracy Mcgrady

I really would rather have Kirk than Jared Jefferies on the books.

would be funny to screw Knicks out of cap space and tyrus thomas.

works - http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5481350
I like that deal more too. I actually read on RealGM last night that the Rockets were trying to get us included in a deal with the Bulls that looked something like that, only we gave up a first, Noc and Beno instead of Martin. Can't remember if Hinrich was included, but we got Miller and Thomas in return. Before anybody flips at us getting Miller back...he's an expiring contract which we won't re-sign.

Let's keep T-Mac and give him the job of carrying Bobby Jackson's bags.

Who remembers that time in Orlando when T-Mac jumped Bobby during a time out? We got half our team suspended.

Yep, T-Mac carrying Bobby's bags and washing his car, too.

Great trade by the genius geoff petrie !!

So the Kings trade away K-Mart, who is a proven scoring 2 guard that doesn't play defense, throw ins Sergio Rodriguez(1.8 mil), (Paris) Hilton Armstrong(2 yrs 6.6 mil left), and the expiring contract of Kenny Thomas(8.5 mil) for the expiring contract of T-Mac (23 Mil), Carl Landry(2 yrs 6 mil left), and Joey Dorsey(3 yrs and 3.7 left)!

This is a great trade!!

Kings have 3 players that can replace K-Mart just fine that play WAY better defense (Donte Greene, Omri Casspi, Francisco Garcia), and the rest of the players the Kings gave up were not going to play for the Kings anyway. And Kenny Thomas (8.5 mil) gives the Rockets an expiring contract back for some flexibility. Houston gets K-Mart who will be a great 2nd or 3rd option and a team that has a center that can erase his mistakes on defense in Yao Ming.

Carl Landry is an AWESOME power forward that gives the Kings a legit front court player who can score and commands double teams! Landry can defend the post better than any other player on our roster now! Joey Dorsey has potential to be a very good power forward. He recently scored 7 pts and 12 rebounds in 18 minutes of play against Memphis.

So with one trade Petrie has solidified the front court defensively and offensively along with the ultimate bargaining chip in a 23 million expiring contract that is a VERY desirable piece that already has suitors that have already expressed interest in acquiring that contract. So the trades more than likely are not done! There is still time before trade deadline is over tomorrow! We could see 2 or more players coming the Kings way out of this trade! OR Petrie could keep that bargaining chip for this summer where there are many desirable free agents that are going to be looking at the Kings differently now that the Kings have made this move, PLUS all the positive news surrounding the New Arena deal is generating!

Petrie is the master of the silent but deadly trade! The Kings are a better team even if no other trades are made! Landry is a MAJOR piece that the Kings were desperately needing. A Power Forward starter who can rebound, score, defend the paint, and most importantly he draws double teams! Imagine an inside out game with Tyreke, Landry, and Hawes at the top of the Key!! WOW! Joey Dorsey will be given a chance to knock Sean May right off the team if he can show enough as a young skilled player!

Petrie is still rebuilding this team on the fly! Kevin Martin was never going to get us a championship. His defensive indifference is the luxury of teams that have great defensive front courts that can erase mistakes by 2 guards that dont play great defense.

http://realgm.com/src_feature_piece...eal_kings_rockets_swap_ts_percent_superstars/

Looks like the Kings got the best of this deal by far!

I'm not surprised. At all.

I can always tell exactly when someone's out the door by listening to Grant Napear.

Homer = Staying.

Hater = Leaving.

He has had nothing good to say about Kevin for weeks now. It was destiny.

I'm not sad though. I just don't think he fit in at all anymore. We are going to build this team around Tyreke Evans and I just don't think Kevin especially cared for that.

However, thank you Kevin for at least making the Kings a little bit refreshing during our really bad last few years.

Honestly, I know that T-Mac's agent is trying to throw his weight around, because he's Tyrekes Agent to, but I REALLY hope the Kings don't buckle and just hold out. Don't make a move if there isn't one that is completely positive for the Kings, and exactly what they want. Either that or HOLD ON to TMac's expriing and savor having 23mill off the books, so you can do what you want in free agency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.