Kevin martin traded to rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ESPN was claiming we have interestin Hinrich...and claiming we would do the New York deal...and claiming that we might get a third team involved.

This is how that all could be true/work:

Sacto out:
TMac to Chicago $22mil

Chicago out:
Hinrich to Sacto $9mil (on one of those Noc declining deals -- Paxton liked those I guess, $8mil next year then $7mil)
Miller to New York $12mil ender (ironic given that he said he hated New York when he was in Sacramento)

New York out:
Jeffries to Sacto $7mil
Hill to Sacto $2+mil
1st round pick (or 2)

Essentially all the teams get what they want. Chicago clears the extra capspace to go chase Wade. New York clears Jeffires and Hill's salaries, which is their only concern with TMac -- they don't care whetehr its TMac or Miller coming in, just means they keep Hughes' expiring deal ratehr than having to swap him for TMac's bigger expiring. And we get Hinrich, who ESPN says we like, along with the New York package of Jeffries + Hill + picks.

Would be interesting, in that then we would presumably be looking at creating a Reke/Cisco/Hincrich backcourt trio. All creative players. All defensive players. Total personality swap. But then what happens to Beno?

Well I'll tell you. :p You get Memphis involved too. They want bench pop. At theguard spots especially. So you swap them Hill and Beno for Thabeet and filler. And end up with Landry, Dorsey, Hinrich and Thabeet as a huge defensive influx for us (even Jeffries plays defense). Then I go to bed with a smile under my very own shiny new Geoff Petrie is a god poster. :D

From Marc Stein:

But the Knicks and Rockets clashed Wednesday over the price New York should pay for the privilege of shedding Jeffries' deal, with Houston seeking three assets: New York's 2012 first-round pick, the right to swap first-round picks with the Knicks in the 2011 draft and Knicks rookie Jordan Hill.
The Knicks, sources said, conveyed in response that they're only willing to package two of those assets along with Jeffries and the $13.7 million expiring contract of Larry Hughes for McGrady's own expiring deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4923777

so if we make this deal at the worst were lookin at Jordan Hill and a first round pick..

ESPN was claiming we have interestin Hinrich...and claiming we would do the New York deal...and claiming that we might get a third team involved.

This is how that all could be true/work:

Sacto out:
TMac to Chicago $22mil

Chicago out:
Hinrich to Sacto $9mil (on one of those Noc declining deals -- Paxton liked those I guess, $8mil next year then $7mil)
Miller to New York $12mil ender (ironic given that he said he hated New York when he was in Sacramento)

New York out:
Jeffries to Sacto $7mil
Hill to Sacto $2+mil
1st round pick (or 2)

Essentially all the teams get what they want. Chicago clears the extra capspace to go chase Wade. New York clears Jeffires and Hill's salaries, which is their only concern with TMac -- they don't care whetehr its TMac or Miller coming in, just means they keep Hughes' expiring deal ratehr than having to swap him for TMac's bigger expiring. And we get Hinrich, who ESPN says we like, along with the New York package of Jeffries + Hill + picks.

Would be interesting, in that then we would presumably be looking at creating a Reke/Cisco/Hincrich backcourt trio. All creative players. All defensive players. Total personality swap. But then what happens to Beno?

Well I'll tell you. :p You get Memphis involved too. They want bench pop. At theguard spots especially. So you swap them Hill and Beno for Thabeet and filler. And end up with Landry, Dorsey, Hinrich and Thabeet as a huge defensive influx for us (even Jeffries plays defense). Then I go to bed with a smile under my very own shiny new Geoff Petrie is a god poster. :D
Work Tyrus Thomas in there and I'll be a happy camper.

if newyork wants that capspace they better give us something in return lol

it would be really funny if no star signs with them i loved the newyork fans faces when steph curry got drafted just before them the looks were priceless.

new york is that desperate to getting capspace yes?
Yup, they're pushing for James or Wade and still are cleaning up Isaiah Thomas's mess. I think getting Jamison is a big step for the Cavs in keeping Lebron, though...so NY would probably be bidding for Wade instead.

From Marc Stein:

But the Knicks and Rockets clashed Wednesday over the price New York should pay for the privilege of shedding Jeffries' deal, with Houston seeking three assets: New York's 2012 first-round pick, the right to swap first-round picks with the Knicks in the 2011 draft and Knicks rookie Jordan Hill.
The Knicks, sources said, conveyed in response that they're only willing to package two of those assets along with Jeffries and the $13.7 million expiring contract of Larry Hughes for McGrady's own expiring deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4923777

so if we make this deal at the worst were lookin at Jordan Hill and a first round pick..
If there's no third team involved...but it sounds like they're working on that.

Although we kinda figured this was the case, Rise Guys confirmed Martin found out at halftime from Westphal he was going to get traded. Crazy.

Landry looks like a good pick up. A handful of posters on the Rockets forum mentioned Landry's defense isnt all that good. Dont get me wrong I'm excited we got him. We really havent addressed our real need. Interior defense! I hope Petrie can still get a quality low post defender/shotblocker/rebounder no shorter than 6"10 before the deadline.

Bricklayer

Landry looks like a good pick up. A handful of posters on the Rockets forum mentioned Landry's defense isnt all that good. Dont get me wrong I'm excited we got him. We really havent addressed our real need. Interior defense! I hope Petrie can still get a quality low post defender/shotblocker/rebounder no shorter than 6"10 before the deadline.

It will probably have to be stemming from the McGrady contract now as we have burned our other top trading chips. Assuming of course we don't break up the kiddie corps, which seems unlikely.

If Knicks want TMac's expiring so bad then let's make them pay for it! We want David Lee, Hill, 1st rounder, Hughes expiring.

The TMac expiring isn't as advantagous for us being in a small market and being a young rebuilding team then the Knicks being that they are in New York City & have had a huge payroll in the past.

With the expiring the Knicks would hope to resign Lee in the offseason.

It's so hard to see KMart2 go, but Reke is the future and what a bright future the Kings have right now! Wouldn't mind seeing TMac in a Kings jersey because you know he will be very hungry to show that he still has it....hopefully. :rolleyes:

The Bulls and Kings...lesser extent the Rockets are my teams and I'm happy they are all actively involved with trying to better themselves!
Tyreke and DRose have very bright futures and this should help with landing a All-Star to join them!

Tyrus is so much fun to watch, his days in Chi town are over, so I'd love to see him in Kings purple with this young team! Kings 1st round pick in 2011 and filler should do it. Who knows know though with Landry and TMac on the team might not be a high lottery pick afterall.

Last edited:
i dont know about tyrus the only way i would want to gamble our 2011 pick is if a really solid high potential player would sign our way

if we can swing a tmac for dalembert iggy and jason smith deal then im good

Bricklayer

If Knicks want TMac's expiring so bad then let's make them pay for it! We want David Lee, Hill, 1st rounder, Hughes expiring.

The TMac expiring isn't as advantagous for us being in a small market and being a young rebuilding team then the Knicks being that they are in New York City & have had a huge payroll in the past.

With the expiring the Knicks would hope to resign Lee in the offseason.

It's so hard to see KMart2 go, but Reke is the future and what a bright future the Kings have right now! Wouldn't mind seeing TMac in a Kings jersey because you know he will be very hungry to show that he still has it....hopefully. :rolleyes:

The Bulls and Kings...lesser extent the Rockets are my teams and I'm happy they are all actively involved with trying to better themselves!
Tyreke and DRose have very bright futures and this should help with landing a All-Star to join them!

Tyrus is so much fun to watch, his days in Chi town are over, so I'd love to see him in Kings purple with this young team! Kings 1st round pick in 2011 and filler should do it. Who knows know though with Landry and TMac on the team might not be a high lottery pick afterall.
The Knicks don't want TMac, all they care about is dumping Jeffries and Curry to clear more space/the last of the Isiah mess. That's the only reason they need him.

And we don't need Lee either BTW with JT and Landry already in town and Lee looking for a big contract for his Nellieball East inflated stats and no defense.

Interesting trade... I was really hoping to use KMart to help facilitate Amare to Miami, with the hopes of picking up Beasley in the process..

One thing can be said... Geoff is un-equaled in his drafting skills... But he completely sucks at trading.

I will look at this trade as a complete failure if we end up sending out Kmart and K9, and recieve nothing more then an excellent rotation big in return and T-Mac. I wanted a prospect big.

Last edited:
I don't see us keeping Tmac. He'll be traded before the deadline, hopefully to the Bulls so we can get a pick for this draft instead of 2012. ( if the Bulls still have one.. Can't check
it right now.

Celtics insiders are saying a Kings player may be headed to Boston. Celtics have been trying to trade for Nate Robinson and there is talk about combining these two deals. I'm on my phone so it's hard for me to post links, but check out Celticsblog.com for a link.

Bricklayer

All good. Many things apparently in play + you would think we should get a little more candy out of this deal before the deadline if we want it.

hmmm interesting..captain kirk could possibly be a great fit beside Reke. Hes a combo guard with great defensive abilities, can shoot the three, and can handle and distribute like a pg.. That might be a perfect fit?

What is interesting is that though NY is the team being mentioned in regards to moving McGrady, we essentially become the broker for that 23 million coming off the books.

It's possible that another team outside the Knicks might offer us a package which works for the Kings but didn't work for the Rockets.

As mentioned, I'm OK with a trade with NY provided that picks are involved. But it's very possible that another team could come and offer us a more attractive package for McGrady.

And if we do end up keeping McGrady and we don't make waves in free-agency, then we'll have a lot of capspace available to facilitate trades in return for getting goodies though-out all next year.

I checked the numbers and with the Houston trade we actually add about 3.5 million in salary which doesn't make sense. But, If we do the deal with New York as reported we shave about a million off our payroll this season which sound more "Maloof like". We would also get a little more than 2 million more in cap space next off season depending on whether or not Jeffries opts out.

Celtics insiders are saying a Kings player may be headed to Boston. Celtics have been trying to trade for Nate Robinson and there is talk about combining these two deals. I'm on my phone so it's hard for me to post links, but check out Celticsblog.com for a link.
Yeah the minute I heard this trade last night and with the Cavs scooping up Jamison what immidiately came to mind was tossing them the Tmac expiring and making them take Nocioni, giving them the scoring fresh legs(Tmac) and some bench depth Nocioni would bring.

Also Heinrich would be a great idea if we could somehow unload Beno, he's pretty much a hard nosed player who gets into guys defensively and can straight knock down the jumper Id actually like him back there more than AI2.

hmmm interesting..captain kirk could possibly be a great fit beside Reke. Hes a combo guard with great defensive abilities, can shoot the three, and can handle and distribute like a pg.. That might be a perfect fit?
No might involved he is the perfect fit Tyreke in the backcourt pair him with Landry you are putting two hard nosed skilled workman types who could greatly change the dynamic of this squad and with the growth of our rooks in the offseason could make for a very interesting 10-11 season for us:)

Except Hinrich has shown his defensive abilities this year are on par with Beno's... Let's stop living in past here.

Amick still has on his twitter the T-Mac might be going to NYK's afterall...

So we're trading Kmart + K9 + Hilton + Sergio...

For Landry, Dorsey, so far... that's what we're recieving... NYK's don't have draft picks to trade away until 2012, so unless they cough up David Lee... This isn't going to look good for us in the end if we don't end up with T-Mac, or one of these teams agrees to take on Nocioni..

What I'm reading is

Martin, Thomas, Sergio, Armstrong,

For Landrey, Dorsey

TMac to NY for Hughes, Jeffries, and Hill. I believe Hughes and Jeffries expire, and we basically keep landrey and dorsey. Landrey has the rest of 3 mil for this year and next, end of his Rookie Contract.

Jordan Hill was 9th pick in the draft (Young prospect) And Dorsey which is he a 2nd year player?

I look at it as do you deal with Chicago and Heinrich or NY for their trash Hughes,Jefferies ugh even getting back Hill isn't worth that. Regardless Petrie has some work to do with only a little bit of time to get it done in should be fun:)

And since I avoided the site last night, because I knew it would be crazy...

Geoff does it again. Any rumor you heard was NOTHING even NEAR this. And Geoff surprises us well. He brings back a TOUGH PF, possibly a young prospect and clears up some extra money.

We are going to LOVE Landry. He got shot in the calf once and played in 3 weeks!!! He's a hustle and heart guy. Love the pickup.

Bricklayer

And since I avoided the site last night, because I knew it would be crazy...

Geoff does it again. Any rumor you heard was NOTHING even NEAR this. And Geoff surprises us well. He brings back a TOUGH PF, possibly a young prospect and clears up some extra money.

We are going to LOVE Landry. He got shot in the calf once and played in 3 weeks!!! He's a hustle and heart guy. Love the pickup.

I look at it as do you deal with Chicago and Heinrich or NY for their trash Hughes,Jefferies ugh even getting back Hill isn't worth that. Regardless Petrie has some work to do with only a little bit of time to get it done in should be fun:)
What's great right now is the Kings are in a GREAT position. We have TMac. We dont' HAVE to do ANYTHING! Unless we get what we want we say SCREW YOU GUYS!! And clear up 23.5 mill off our books at the end of the year.

I love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.