Kenny Thomas vs Jason Thompson

Who was the "better" player out of the 2?

• Total voters
League of Extra Ordinary Big Men

Mikki Moore, K9, JT, Shareef, Adur-Rahim, Soggy Waffles, and Shelden Willams will form the head:

I remember feeling like KT's contract would never come to an end. What an albatross. He did have that solid first year though.

JT was promising at times as a youngish big, and every off-season we heard how hard he had worked (probably true) and how he was going to have a breakout year. Never happened for him, he played too fast and although he worked hard, he wasn't really skilled. Overall, I'd say JT was the better, or at least more likeable, player of the two.

I went with JT on a strictly emotional level. If you're a long shot 12th pick from a little school, and an NBA role player, that's not bad. If you're a flexible piece, and looked at as a part of Chris Webber, it can't ever be quite the same.

I remember feeling like KT's contract would never come to an end. What an albatross. He did have that solid first year though.

JT was promising at times as a youngish big, and every off-season we heard how hard he had worked (probably true) and how he was going to have a breakout year. Never happened for him, he played too fast and although he worked hard, he wasn't really skilled. Overall, I'd say JT was the better, or at least more likeable, player of the two.
JT was the power forward version of Ben Maclemore

I went with JT on a strictly emotional level. If you're a long shot 12th pick from a little school, and an NBA role player, that's not bad. If you're a flexible piece, and looked at as a part of Chris Webber, it can't ever be quite the same.
Wait... what about c-webb? I also dont count a 12th overall pick as a long shot thats a lottery pick. His career was also practically over as soon as we traded him.

Easy. Jason Thompson.

I still remember that game in Orlando where JT absolutely owned the undersized Tobias Harris. To the point where the helpless Magic send Glen Davis to double team JT, leaving an amused Demarcus Cousins wide open for the easiest hoop of his life. It was such a defining moment that I made my avatar based on the aftermath reaction. I guarantee you that KT has never, ever been so dominant that a team decided to leave an All-Star wide open to go double team him.

Also, how often do you see a 6'11" small forward? Thanks Paul Westphal.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I always had a soft spot for JT just because he actually REBOUNDED. We had a real run of weenies on the glass between the Webber and Cuz years (lookin at you, Landry).

Then there was that Malone (half) season where JT randomly became a legit bigman stopper. Good stuff.

I always thought both players got too much hate though. They were role players forced into roles too big for their britches. If we had competent coaching/ownership/GMing in that era, things could have shaken out differently for good ole JT and KT!

K9 for me. Still in disbelief that we couldn't sniff in Mo Speights to complete the stubby shooting power forward trifecta of K9, Carl, and Mo. Soggy Waffles 'anchoring' the middle for that trifecta would have really epitomized the 2010ish Kings

JT was a pretty good defender in his last years with the kings. I remember him giving AD a lot of trouble.

Then there was that 40 point outburst and looked unstoppable for a game or two
He was actually one of the best post defenders in the game his last year or 2 but he was always awful when playing team defense because of his low IQ.

He also had that 20/20 game against Blake Griffin I believe?

Thing I didn't like about JT was that he talked to the refs too much, didn't help that he had Brad Miller as his mentor in situations like that.