Keep Kenny Thomas9

• Yes

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • NO

Votes: 81 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Troy said:
That's right...but let's not throw away the possibility of K9 and some other expendable pieces of ours from some great utility...Petrie is good at pulling off some great trades, let the guy work some more magic for us.
I always have hope with Petrie around... but when I look at Kenny's ability to disappear for games at a time, bad attitude, and huge contract that seems to stretch indefinitely into the future, it's hard to imagine we'll be able to dump him for anything.
~~

zeke04 said:
I was ok with KT until him and SAR got into it at the end of the season and fox 40 the local news station played in slow motion (so you could read his lips) what he said on the sidelines which was "I am not going to help anyone on defense." I understand you say things in the heat of the battle but this guy continues to say and act like it is all about him.
Kenny sure does have a poor attitude which we don't need. I like his scrappyness, but he always gets stripped going to the hoop and is way undersized at PF. SAR should start alongside a big Center. I think SAR will rebound better for us next year after he regains his muscle in the offseason, we haven't seen the true SAR yet after his wired jaw and massive weight loss.

K9 & Miller should be dealt along with Corliss, Hart, Potapenko, we might need to trade Cisco to sweeten up the deal, but we need to get out from under K9's and Miller's contract. Corliss has an expiring 6.5M deal that is attractive for a salary dump and 6.5M is quite a dump.

Alacron said:
I always have hope with Petrie around... but when I look at Kenny's ability to disappear for games at a time, bad attitude, and huge contract that seems to stretch indefinitely into the future, it's hard to imagine we'll be able to dump him for anything.
~~
I know, he doesn't put up the PF #s we need, although he has rebounded way better than you'd think which has been good. Maybe package him with Corliss's expiring deal what I said above. I'd hate to have to lose Cisco, but we might need to, to get the right guy for us.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
its easy for us to say out. But i am sure that GP didn't wan't KT as our PF to begin this season. Kenny is so starved talentwise and so rich $ wise he is impossible to move it would take him and both kids to get a decent PF.

A

AriesMar27

we need to trade a big for a small.... thomas for earl watson.... depending on who the magic draft maybe corliss for carlos and darko.... id trade thomas for just about anyone.... so i dont care who we trade him for as long as he is gone next season....

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Kenny would probably be involved in a bigger multi-team or at least multi-player deal.

Or the one trade I would love to see, one of the many obvious trades out there. Kenny Thomas for Etan Thomas. Just makes so much sense for both teams its disgusting.

How about Kenny for Danny Fortson. Nice expiring deal, and officially gives us the most volatile team in history

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Mixed on Fortson? MIXED??????

Good lord.

Bringing Cabbage Patch Kid to the Kings would signal the end of humanity and civilization as we know it...

There aren't many players that I out and out dislike, but Danny Fortson is one of the few. He could be the second coming of Wilt and I still wouldn't like him.

VF21 said:
Mixed on Fortson? MIXED??????

Good lord.

Bringing Cabbage Patch Kid to the Kings would signal the end of humanity and civilization as we know it...
Hey, I didn't suggest it, and I'd be wary of him coming here. Regardless, it won't happen.

Troy said:
Kenny sure does have a poor attitude which we don't need. I like his scrappyness, but he always gets stripped going to the hoop and is way undersized at PF. SAR should start alongside a big Center. I think SAR will rebound better for us next year after he regains his muscle in the offseason, we haven't seen the true SAR yet after his wired jaw and massive weight loss.

K9 & Miller should be dealt along with Corliss, Hart, Potapenko, we might need to trade Cisco to sweeten up the deal, but we need to get out from under K9's and Miller's contract. Corliss has an expiring 6.5M deal that is attractive for a salary dump and 6.5M is quite a dump.

I know, he doesn't put up the PF #s we need, although he has rebounded way better than you'd think which has been good. Maybe package him with Corliss's expiring deal what I said above. I'd hate to have to lose Cisco, but we might need to, to get the right guy for us.
Yea i like the idea of sar def big, next year.

Or the one trade I would love to see, one of the many obvious trades out there. Kenny Thomas for Etan Thomas. Just makes so much sense for both teams its disgusting.

They make about the same in salary and he is an upgrade...though E. Thomas would be our starting PF? Would that help out the Miller situation?

reyes13 said:

They make about the same in salary and he is an upgrade...though E. Thomas would be our starting PF? Would that help out the Miller situation?
I would start Thomas at Center and have Miller at the PF where he is a much better fit(and player). Shareef could come off the bench but still probably get about 25 minutes a night.

SacTownKid said:
How about Kenny for Danny Fortson. Nice expiring deal, and officially gives us the most volatile team in history
Im down with that. As long as we can get Rodman out of retirement too. Now we're talking.

I guess I am still one of the few K-9 apologists here. I like his game with this team.....good quick rebounder, quick to the hole with back-cuts which works well in the Princeton. We need a guy like this in this offense.

Why do people say that he has a bad attitude?

kupman said:
I guess I am still one of the few K-9 apologists here. I like his game with this team.....good quick rebounder, quick to the hole with back-cuts which works well in the Princeton. We need a guy like this in this offense.

mostly because he only comes to play when he feels like it. he can play rather inspired basketball, but only showing up every now and again isn't gonna cut it, especially as a starter on a team fighting to get back into contention.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
kupman said:

Has had one his entire career. The perpetual grump. Always complaining or taking side shots about his minutes, role, number of shots etc. Wasn't happy about not starting, and played like it. Wasn't happy about not getting enough shots in the latter half of the season, and remarked about it repeatedly. Wasn't happy about losing minutes to SAR late in the year...

"Wasn't happy" being the key phrase.

I have seen K-9 play well and I have seen him play poorly, but I have never seen a lack of hustle on his part......well maybe I should not say "never," but there are others on this team that do not hustle nearly as well as K-9.

If Kenny were willing to play a backup role I wouldn't mind him, even if he is a tad expensive. But he only shows up when he gets to start. He also seemed to go into grumpy-grump mode in the Spurs series when he got pulled for foul trouble or whenever we went to the small lineup with Reef at center and him as the odd man out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
kupman said:
I have seen K-9 play well and I have seen him play poorly, but I have never seen a lack of hustle on his part......well maybe I should not say "never," but there are others on this team that do not hustle nearly as well as K-9.
It's not about other players not hustling as much as Kenny does... It's about Kings fans just not feeling that KT is a good fit for our team. The poll results are about as one-sided as I've ever seen.

The whole trade with Philly was made because the $$ worked. I don't think anyone here ever expected Kenny Thomas to be our power forward of the future. If the Kings had really wanted KT to fill that role, they would never have gone after SAR.

VF21 said:
It's not about other players not hustling as much as Kenny does... It's about Kings fans just not feeling that KT is a good fit for our team. The poll results are about as one-sided as I've ever seen.
I know that I am one of the few K-9 apologists in this city. I actually think that one of the biggest things he has going against him from a fan base is that his "game face" looks pouty or grumpy....I do not think that he is actually feeling that way, but his face looks it.

Anywho......it is ultimately up to GP and "in Geoff I trust." :D