Joerger yells at Buddy

It was interesting that in tonight’s pregame that James Ham said there was a sequence of miscues by Buddy that led up to the exchange. The comments on here about Joerger are just ridiculous. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. This isn’t peewee league. It’s the NBA, coaches yell when players screw up. These players have been getting yelled at for a while now. Players get yelled at by coaches, you think these guys haven’t been yelled at by Calipari, Coach K, Kruger, et. al.? Joerger hasn’t earned the right to coach his players, to yell at his players? Really? Sheesh, give me a break. People are acting like the Kings players are some kind of prima donnas (which they are not). The only way this gets to be an issue is if the media (and that unfortunately includes social media) blows it all out of proportion like some of the comments on here.

It was interesting that in tonight’s pregame that James Ham said there was a sequence of miscues by Buddy that led up to the exchange. The comments on here about Joerger are just ridiculous. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. This isn’t peewee league. It’s the NBA, coaches yell when players screw up. These players have been getting yelled at for a while now. Players get yelled at by coaches, you think these guys haven’t been yelled at by Calipari, Coach K, Kruger, et. al.? Joerger hasn’t earned the right to coach his players, to yell at his players? Really? Sheesh, give me a break. People are acting like the Kings players are some kind of prima donnas (which they are not). The only way this gets to be an issue is if the media (and that unfortunately includes social media) blows it all out of proportion like some of the comments on here.
Like the Dude said, “yeah, we’ll, that’s like ... your opinion, man”.

I saw what I saw. I read what I read. I didn’t like it. And that’s my opinion. I could easily say your opinion is naive. But it doesn’t matter really matter, does it?

Like the Dude said, “yeah, we’ll, that’s like ... your opinion, man”.

I saw what I saw. I read what I read. I didn’t like it. And that’s my opinion. I could easily say your opinion is naive. But it doesn’t matter really matter, does it?
Neither one of our opinions matter. Joerger and Buddy are fine regardless of our opinions. But, my opinion is naïve? You think coaches and players don't have little "tiffs" during the season? Now who's being naïve? It was nothing, happens all the time, it's over, nothing to see here, other than some making a big deal out of it in the media. Could Joerger have handled it a little better? Maybe, so he's not perfect, mark it down to game time stress. Could Buddy have followed the coach's instructions a little better? Yes, definitely. Buddy is a heckuva of a ball player and has a great attitude, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need coaching and is immune to a little discipline from his coach. Despite all the hand-wringing and gloom and doom, Buddy doesn't seem to be ruined by that experience. He is a whole lot stronger than that.

Not that surprising that Buddy would come out and have a huge game after his bad game and the Joerger incident against the Warriors. That seems to be the way Buddy is wired.....he always wants to make up for a bad game and redeem himself.

I think Joerger has figured out that Buddy is one of those guys you can yell at and he'll respond positively. Sort of the way that Pop yelled at Duncan as an example to the rest of the team. Some guys handle it and are eager to please and do right after mistakes. Buddy is one of those guys and Joerger knows it.

In contrast I don't think that Willie is one those guys. I think if Joerger rode Willie as hard as he does Buddy you wouldn't see the same results because of the different personality types. Willie is so aloof he'd probably go into the tank if he was treated like that.

That's good coaching though knowing which guys you can yell at and which ones are more delicate.

Only mistake Joerger made in the Buddy incident is not letting it go after the first argument and dressing him down with Durant standing there.