Joerger yells at Buddy

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
We have to see what Joeger was riding Buddy about when he launched that first long ball and it hit. Joerger was getting getting all over him about something. Sure enough, that same shot comes up and Buddy passes on it. Joerger, Vlade sees you pal.

Buddy second guessed himself on the shot he had just made a few seconds earlier, the one where Dave Joerger seemed to have a problem with. Coach is an idiot for arguing with our best shooter right after he makes his first 3 of the game. I bet it had an affect on Buddy’s indecisiveness.
You have no idea what they were talking about. I doubt it was about the shot and maybe he didn’t want him to commit the foul on curry.

Joeger all in Buddy's head. Coach, I like you, but why go crazy on your best scorer on prior play after hitting a 3???

We have to see what that was about. Giving Joerger the benefit of the doubt he likes to push his guys and Buddy seems to like the back and forth with his coaches. If it was what it looked like, then with the end result it means those optics aren't good.

We have to see what Joeger was riding Buddy about when he launched that first long ball and it hit. Joerger was getting getting all over him about something. Sure enough, that same shot comes up and Buddy passes on it. Joerger, Vlade sees you pal.
Probably the dumb coach tell Buddy not to shoot so deep and that's why he didn't take that last deep shot to win the game? I don't even know why coach is arguing....Buddy just make a freaking shot.

You can always step right back in, and again, that's IF it was what it looked like. It might not have been. But jamming the only reason you were back in the game for getting you back in over a play call when you're play calls consistently get the team in trouble in the first place won't go unnoticed forever.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You can always step right back in, and again, that's IF it was what it looked like. It might not have been. But jamming the only reason you were back in the game for getting you back in over a play call when you're play calls consistently get the team in trouble in the first place won't go unnoticed forever.
To be fair, Buddy was also one of the main reasons we were OUT of the game as well.

Buddy's heart and effort often times outmatches his basketball IQ. He's not a dumb player by any means but he has a tendency to make a fair amount of dumb plays. Gotta live with it though because he's a great player and his positives far outweigh his negatives. A playmaker he is not though.

I did find it interesting that you could tell Durant was taking Buddy's side and looking at Joerger like "what the hell is your problem"

Pretty obvious by now that Durant really likes several of the Kings players and respects them. Durant has gone out of his way to praise the Kings several times now. Draymond is also very complimentary of the Kings.

Oddly enough the Golden Boy Steph seems to be getting a little smug and prickly while playing the Kings. I think in general Steph has lost most of his humble nature over the past couple years but he really seemed cocky and trying to rub it in s lot tonight against the Kings.

To be fair, Buddy was also one of the main reasons we were OUT of the game as well.
Doesn't matter, you're best players have to have full confidence on the sidelines considering removing that player means you probably win about 16 games less per year.

One great thing about Buddy is that he's never a true sieve even when he's off. He's out there defending and hustling. His worst games are turning into doesn't really hurt you much in the end type of games. Very nice indeed.

I didn’t care for DJ showing up Buddy like that at the end. Buddy has earned his right to shoot that team back into games and he’s improved his overall BBIQ. Bush league imo
Agreed. I think that made Buddy think twice about taking that long 3 to win the game. He over thought and tried to get closer to take that last shot.

If Buddy would had let that fly from way beyond the arc, I think the Kings win this game! :mad:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Buddy's heart and effort often times outmatches his basketball IQ. He's not a dumb player by any means but he has a tendency to make a fair amount of dumb plays. Gotta live with it though because he's a great player and his positives far outweigh his negatives. A playmaker he is not though.

I did find it interesting that you could tell Durant was taking Buddy's side and looking at Joerger like "what the hell is your problem"

Pretty obvious by now that Durant really likes several of the Kings players and respects them. Durant has gone out of his way to praise the Kings several times now. Draymond is also very complimentary of the Kings.

Oddly enough the Golden Boy Steph seems to be getting a little smug and prickly while playing the Kings. I think in general Steph has lost most of his humble nature over the past couple years but he really seemed cocky and trying to rub it in s lot tonight against the Kings.
There’s no one in the NBA I want to see get a retaliation punch to the face and knocked on his ass like Steph Curry.

Just ::blank:: that smug little arse.

The only thing that bugged me about Joerger going off on Buddy was that he didn't let it go after the first spat and he kept on doing it the next time down the floor and during the free throws with Durant standing right there in the conversation too.

I don't think it's right to belittle your own guy like that (after you've already done it) right in front of a superstar like Kevin Durant. Joerger is the coach, he's supposed to make his point and then move onto focusing on the next play.

A coach should never be two plays behind like that and focusing on the negative when there is still a game to be won.

Overall Joerger is a good coach and I definitely want to keep him here as the coach but let's face it he can be kind of a dik sometimes. Case in point how he treats the media seemingly at random during random questions.

Coach should be getting into De'Aaron FOX's ears for not passing the ball to Buddy Hield when he's wide open at time. Why do you think your best shooter on the team was off when he ain't get enough ball to shoot? How is he supposed to get any rhyme? Why not run more play for Buddy. And then you go off on Buddy Hield because he just make a deep 3 pointer? What type of coaching is that? Lame.

Last edited:
Regardless, it was a terrible look for Joerger, especially after he made 2 3s. Hield was incredulous and KD even has a WTF look
Is it though? What if he was talking about a defensive assignment? Or arguing about the real estate market in Northern California? Maybe he was emphatically telling him that his teeth are impeccable. Tough to have an opinion on what we don’t know.