Joe Maloof on the Rise Guys

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
First, welcome to the board.

However, I must heartily disagree with your assessment of the only problem being the Maloofs. Were you a fan BEFORE the Maloofs bought the team?

Joe and Gavin are passionate owners AND fans. They may not be perfect but they're certainly after the same thing we are - a championship for the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Who is Joanie Mitchell?
ahem right back at you. :p

JONI Mitchell (sorry for the earlier misspelling of her name) WROTE the song I'm referring to.

Big Yellow Taxi
(Joni Mitchell)

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique and a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone

They took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees, please!

Late last night I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi took away my old man

I said don't it always seem to go
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot - a ha ha

from Ladies Of The Canyon (1970)
U.S. charts hit for 'Neighborhood' (# 26, 7/70)

http://www.memorabletv.com/musicworld/lyrics/jonimitchell.htm#Big Yellow Taxi

No I was not a fan before the Maloofs.I would love a champship team too,but the Maloofs are rebuilding the teamand want results now.You cant have it both ways.It takes time to build a good team.I think as kings fans we want good results now.I think we have a winning team.The longer they play together the better they will get.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No I was not a fan before the Maloofs.I would love a champship team too,but the Maloofs are rebuilding the teamand want results now.You cant have it both ways.It takes time to build a good team.I think as kings fans we want good results now.I think we have a winning team.The longer they play together the better they will get.
Actually the Maloofs stubbornly wanted to try and reload on the fly until the end of last year when they finally realized that wasn't going to happen and Bibby was traded, which really and truly started the rebuild a lot of us knew had to happen.

I'm pretty sure they're well aware of how long it takes to build a good team but they also know the kids aren't going to get better if Reggie doesn't play them.

I don't think Theus is doing that bad a job this time in getting the kids minutes, as I believe in a balance between youth and veterans. I think that's the best way to rebuild AND at least keep some fan interest, which is what's happening right now.

People are talking about the Kings again, and it's not about Artest and the latest drama d' jour. It's about the energy and excitement and how much fun the games are to watch again.

I don't think our philosophies about the team are that far apart. I just don't agree at all that the Maloofs are the problem.

Some predicted Reggie would be out after this season. He looks like a coach with potential though. If the Kings let him go I can't imagine finding a veteran coach who would want to come under scrutiny in a team that's rebuilding with not much. Maybe the Maloofs will find another Musselman to remind themselves.

Filp He needs a job after Detriot.

Well with the players Geoff has assembled it only seems logical to run that same system. I don't think Reggie is running it all that well myself though. It is looking a lot better but winning ugly or hustling your way to victory is not a recipe for long term success.
I agree with you on all of it.