Jazz @ Kings Game Thread - Dec. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ticks me off even more is how there was a timeout with 1:30 left right after Douby missed the first 3 horribly. During that timeout we could have subbed someone in, and should have but we stayed with Douby only to have him airball it about 20 seconds later. Man, i am inexorbably angry.

I can see it now

Cisco--put me in coach I have fallen been fouled hit and everything I am good to go

Reggie--No Cisco I can't do If you play 3 more min your leg will fall off. Besides Quincy has been in this situation before.
Or...

Reggie - Cisco get back in. No... I mean Douby your in.

Cisco - What's up with that coach?

Reggie whispering in Cisco's ear - Gavin is sitting right there starring at me dude. If I break medical staff rule on exceeding your 30 min max I could get fired over it. That's why - got it Cisco.

Or...

Reggie - Cisco get back in. No... I mean Douby your in.

Cisco - What's up with that coach?

Reggie whispering in Cisco's ear - Gavin is sitting right there starring at me dude. If I break medical staff rule on exceeding your 30 min max I could get fired over it. That's why - got it Cisco.
or....

Reggie- Alright Kenny, it's your time to shine.

Kenny Thomas- Really coach??

Reggie- No, Douby get your *** in there.

In Reggie's head- He he he. Let's sit back and enjoy this.

Another fun ending at Arco! :rolleyes:

So, what is with Reggie Theus treating Mikki Moore and Quincy Douby like they are the second comings of Ron Artest and Doug Christie?? :mad:

If I hear defense associated with their names one more time...

When Quincy shot up that 3, I think my exact thoughts were, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NOT AGAIN!" :eek::eek:

It had to be the worst case of deja-vu I've ever had.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can see it now

Cisco--put me in coach I have fallen been fouled hit and everything I am good to go

Reggie--No Cisco I can't do If you play 3 more min your leg will fall off. Besides Quincy has been in this situation before.

I think this is the first time I've ever thanked you for a post... I needed that.

:)

It has nothing to do with how he plays. It's about getting JT more experience to develop. Moore could be Pau freaking Gasol, but if this team is in the lottery, and Moore isn't going to BE HERE ANYMORE, and JT could be part of the future, then JT should play. Period.

And I agree with you that JT and Hawes should see time on the court more instead of playing Hawes at the 4 with Miller.
I was just being sarcastic. It’s just disappointing that Reggie isn’t seeing the same thing everyone else is seeing...Plus, Pau Gasol is overrated :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I want to see Udrih, Martin, Garcia, Thompson and Hawes... of course, I also want to see the pyramids of Egypt and the rings of Saturn. Somehow I think my chances of the latter two are better than that for the first. And that's sad because they really bring my motto of "Heart and hustle, energy and enthusiasm" to life.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I want to see Udrih, Martin, Garcia, Thompson and Hawes... of course, I also want to see the pyramids of Egypt and the rings of Saturn. Somehow I think my chances of the latter two are better than that for the first. And that's sad because they really bring my motto of "Heart and hustle, energy and enthusiasm" to life.

way better

The only possible explanation for that Douby substitution was for Ricky Rubio. Anything other that Petrie saying go 0-63 and Theus needs to be fired. Inserting Douby at the end of games is the sure fire way to lose, I think that has been established.

"Anytime there's a charge being taken, 90 percent of the time it's Mikki Moore taking it," Theus said after today's practice. "He does all the little things, and those things matter. People talk about defense. The fans talk about defense, but then they want the guy who's a defensive guy to be out of the game.
"I look at several different things. I look at not only who's starting, but which combinations are best coming off the bench. I look at the fact that Spence has a tendency to get into early foul trouble. Is he better off getting those fouls late in the first half or early in the first half?...He's also got to learn how to not get those fouls." - Reggie Theus
I guess he applied this theory to Cisco, Douby and Crunch time as well...??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quincy Douby??? I cannot believe this crap. And they called another foul to get Korver to the line for a little more salt in the wound?

Hello? Grant, you blithering idiot. It's not about finding a way to win. It's about a freaking head coach who substitutes in Quincy Douby at the end of a game we COULD HAVE WON if Cisco had come back on the court. That totally sucked.
Cisco was done for the night. I was at the game. He had his calf wrapped and iced started already. During the 3rd/early 4th he stumbled a little and looked like he aggrivated his calf.

What'd he say and who is Joe?
he said the problem with the kings is gary gerould, grant napear, and jerry reynolds. theyve been here for too long. we need new blood, and they are the reason why people dont go to games anymore. cos you know, if you went to a game, you cant escape those 3 stooges everywhere you go :rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
he said the problem with the kings is gary gerould, grant napear, and jerry reynolds. theyve been here for too long. we need new blood, and they are the reason why people dont go to games anymore. cos you know, if you went to a game, you cant escape those 3 stooges everywhere you go :rolleyes:
Heheheh. Yep, that's the whole problem.

My first thought when I read the post was that it was Reggie calling in, trying to deflect attention from his horrific coaching onto the people who actually, except for Gary Gerould, tried to defend his performance tonight.

There are times when I really wish I had broadband OR could get KHTK without having to stand outside with the portable radio to try and pick the station up while walking around, much like trying to find a signal for cell-phones.

How did Dave respond?

(And BTW? If anyone calls in to the show, give Dave a shoutout from VF21 for his commercial with Spencer that I think is really funny!)

Heheheh. Yep, that's the whole problem.

My first thought when I read the post was that it was Reggie calling in, trying to deflect attention from his horrific coaching onto the people who actually, except for Gary Gerould, tried to defend his performance tonight.

There are times when I really wish I had broadband OR could get KHTK without having to stand outside with the portable radio to try and pick the station up while walking around, much like trying to find a signal for cell-phones.

How did Dave respond?

(And BTW? If anyone calls in to the show, give Dave a shoutout from VF21 for his commercial with Spencer that I think is really funny!)
dave actually let him have the mic. he said that most people would have hung up on morons like this guy but he let him ramble on and it was pure comedy. all the while you could hear the other people in the studio saying hang up! this is how joe left (as i remember it)

joe: one question, how many years has gary gerould been working with the kings?

CD: uuumm something like 20. i think hes been here since they came in 1985, so thatd make it about 23

joe: okay and how many years has jerry reynolds been here:

CD: id say about the same with him being an assistant, so yea about 23

joe: and grant?

CD: not as long as them but hes been my idol and someone i model myself after but yea hes been here as long as i can remember

joe: THANK YOU! (CLICK!)

i laughed my bottom off

dave actually let him have the mic. he said that most people would have hung up on morons like this guy but he let him ramble on and it was pure comedy. all the while you could hear the other people in the studio saying hang up! this is how joe left (as i remember it)

joe: one question, how many years has gary gerould been working with the kings?

CD: uuumm something like 20. i think hes been here since they came in 1985, so thatd make it about 23

joe: okay and how many years has jerry reynolds been here:

CD: id say about the same with him being an assistant, so yea about 23

joe: and grant?

CD: not as long as them but hes been my idol and someone i model myself after but yea hes been here as long as i can remember

joe: THANK YOU! (CLICK!)

i laughed my bottom off
He followed up the question about Grant with something like:

"Ok, so how many home losses do they have? THANK YOU."

and to expand on Douby on D. Katie said that because Korver was "torching Bjax" coach went to Q for his length, long arms as a way to slow him down - and that part was effective. Cisco was on ice at that point with maxed out minutes restricted by med staff. Only other realistic possibilities, rookies Brown or Greene - clearly worse options to check Korver.

Still, Kings should have won the game last night, even with yet again no compete roster (Salmons missing). Utah had Boozer and AK47 out. There appeared to be no Kings sense of urgency on the home court, lack of crunch time leadership (Utah had it with Williams) and some disjointed subbing. 7th straight Arco home court loss - most since 1994:eek:

and to expand on Douby on D. Katie said that because Korver was "torching Bjax" coach went to Q for his length, long arms as a way to slow him down - and that part was effective. Cisco was on ice at that point with maxed out minutes restricted by med staff. Only other realistic possibilities, rookies Brown or Greene - clearly worse options to check Korver.

Still, Kings should have won the game last night, even with yet again no compete roster (Salmons missing). Utah had Boozer and AK47 out. There appeared to be no Kings sense of urgency on the home court, lack of crunch time leadership (Utah had it with Williams) and some disjointed subbing. 7th straight Arco home court loss - most since 1994:eek:
If Cisco was shut down, then you go with Jackson or Greene, period. If you think that Jackson is too small to guard Korver then you put 6'9 Greene on him. Yes, I know he's a rookie and all but he actually played in that game earlier and he has been in the rotation as of late. Puting Q in at that point was unacceptable and was suicide for Reggie I believe.

If Cisco was shut down, then you go with Jackson or Greene, period. If you think that Jackson is too small to guard Korver then you put 6'9 Greene on him. Yes, I know he's a rookie and all but he actually played in that game earlier and he has been in the rotation as of late. Puting Q in at that point was unacceptable and was suicide for Reggie I believe.
Yep, probably right IF Greene could have dealt effectively with Korver. Then maybe Donte could have air-balled a few chucks at the end as he did earlier and Douby was making into an art form.

Status
Not open for further replies.