IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If IT got a MLE contract and he signed, I think the kings would definitely match.

Even if it puts in luxury tax territory. It would be foolish not to match. At the very worst, a MLE contract for IT would be a great trading chip or a sign a trade possibiltity.

If IT got a MLE contract and he signed, I think the kings would definitely match.

Even if it puts in luxury tax territory. It would be foolish not to match. At the very worst, a MLE contract for IT would be a great trading chip or a sign a trade possibiltity.
I couldn't agree more... You just can let assets walk out the door.

Errr....at some point in this career Crawford was earning $10-11 million in a season!

If you did not hear rumblings how the front office continually searched for a PG to move Isaiah to his 6th man role then you must have been living under a rock
My mistake. Do you feel IT is more comparable to Nate or Crawford talent wise?

I agree we would keep him at MLE. If he did get a 3/24 offer from Detroit and didn't take because he thought he could get more, he messed up. Devon Harris is signing with Dallas, so that option has died. IT is losing some leverage as I see it. Purse strings are tightening around the league. That Lowry deal probably brought the PG values back to reality. IT may have to ask for a sign and trade, rather than being in control.

Bucks apparently in market for pg. talking to Bledsoe, Vasquez and Lin. I'd see if we can get IT conversations with them as they have a lot of intriguing possibilities.

Precisely! It proves a point that you never get fair value in sign and trades. You get back 25 cents of the dollar so the comments of getting good value back for IT are pipedreams!

This team is bleeding talent two seasons in a row. I can somewhat understand last year because Tyreke was about to enter free agency and that was the fault of a previous regime! IT however is a very different situation. We gave him every chance to inflate his number. Thoughout the season there have been reports how we don't see him as our starting PG but we let him put up 20/6 for the season and by doing both we set ourselves us to lose him with minimal return. IT should have been traded at the trade deadline and I can guarantee you that we would have gotten a heck of a lot more than we are going to get now. Anyone with interest in the situation could see this unfolding from miles away. IT was always going to get a bigger offer than a 6th man should and we were never going to match that.

A big **** up by the front office here. First you have him as your only real PG option for most of the season and you don't trade him while his value is higher than it will ever be. Not exactly smart and certainly not "looking two moves ahead"! ;)
n00b FO. can't blame em. V hired newbs at their position. we're "rebuilding" the franchise so to speak.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
right, so they smartly went and divided that $$ between landry and mbah moute. they're geniuses! analytics and 3.0!
I have no idea what your Mbah a Moute kick is, but seeing as we traded him already maybe the time to continuously complain about his acquisition is over.

alright, derrick williams
Landry is making slightly more than half of Tyreke's annual salary. Williams was a low risk acquisition who's contract ends this following season provided they don't make a QO.

We essentially turned Tyreke into Gay which is pretty good.

Also, $44 million is a lot of money to invest in a player who you don't know can thrive with your franchise player.

right, so they smartly went and divided that $$ between landry and mbah moute. they're geniuses! analytics and 3.0!
Maybe Vivek should have hired you instead. On the plus side you'd keep the payroll down but on the negative side the roster would literally only be like 2 players (Tyreke and Cousins).

I mean it would be kind of tough for you to construct a roster when you'd spend all day telling Vivek about all of the other mistake signings that you would NOT have made......as opposed to telling him about the ones that you did make.

That seems to be the general theme around here from the negative KingsFans.com "experts" such as yourself, Brick, Rainmaker, etc. You sure do a lot of criticizing just about every trade and signing the team makes. That in conjunction with not offering up a whole lot of realistic solutions in regards to signings and trades other than "THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT TYREKE".

I'll say one thing about Vivek, when he hired PDA he hired a man of action and a man who has guts to make some moves. Whether all of those moves pan out or not is still yet to be determined however at least he's making them.

Maybe Vivek should have hired you instead. On the plus side you'd keep the payroll down but on the negative side the roster would literally only be like 2 players (Tyreke and Cousins).

I mean it would be kind of tough for you to construct a roster when you'd spend all day telling Vivek about all of the other mistake signings that you would NOT have made......as opposed to telling him about the ones that you did make.

That seems to be the general theme around here from the negative KingsFans.com "experts" such as yourself, Brick, Rainmaker, etc. You sure do a lot of criticizing just about every trade and signing the team makes. That in conjunction with not offering up a whole lot of realistic solutions in regards to signings and trades other than "THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT TYREKE".

I'll say one thing about Vivek, when he hired PDA he hired a man of action and a man who has guts to make some moves. Whether all of those moves pan out or not is still yet to be determined however at least he's making them.
Don't lump every fan not thrilled with the current front office into the same category.

They should have kept Toney Douglas and Cole Adrich!!!! Incompetent FO.

some privately complained his scoring took away from their offensive game and that he did not look to set up teammates enough.

This is all you really need to know
I think this is the simple answer. The 'core' players who a have a future with this team, were probably asked what they would prefer in a point guard and also what they don't want....and IT's style didn't come out as net positive for our players. In other words, he doesn't really help anyone else flow, rhythm, and overall game

My mistake. Do you feel IT is more comparable to Nate or Crawford talent wise?
Crawford! Crawford is taller obviously hence at least had a chance to be competent defensively if he wanted to! IT is a lot better player than Nate and I have always said that keeping him for MLE money was a pipedream! I think $7-8 milion per year is about right for him but the problem is that he is the wrong type of PG for this team and at $7-8 million per season, he might be too expensive for a back up especially since we stupidly gave Landry that deal. If you could remove that from our cap, I would match IT for up to $8million and have him come off the bench. In that case Collison is a wrong type of starter as IT and Collison cannot play extended minutes together. Livingston would have been a MUCH better fit in that scenario.

People here undervalue talent and focus on shortcomings of a player far too much and a shocked when the rest of the league value them higher. It happened last year with Tyreke and it happening now with IT.

IT is a very good NBA player. He is just the wrong type of PG for this team. That doesn't mean that you allow youself to lose him for 25 cents of the $1! You never get ahead that way especially as a small market Sacramento. I can understand keeping him past the deadline if we are a contender but we are a basket case lottery team and you decide to keep an asset past the deadline knowing full well that you have a cap on how much you are willing to pay and that there will be quiet a few interested parties out there for him. Not smart! Not smart at all!

I agree we would keep him at MLE. If he did get a 3/24 offer from Detroit and didn't take because he thought he could get more, he messed up. Devon Harris is signing with Dallas, so that option has died. IT is losing some leverage as I see it. Purse strings are tightening around the league. That Lowry deal probably brought the PG values back to reality. IT may have to ask for a sign and trade, rather than being in control.
Dallas will bomb out of the Melo race and even with Harris and Dirk re-signed, they will have some $15 million of cap space to work with. Hardly out of the race!

Lakers, Mavs and Miami scare me!

Don't lump every fan not thrilled with the current front office into the same category.
I didn't, your name isn't in that post.......that is unless you are part of the "etc."

If there are a portion of the fans not thrilled with the front office that all say the exact same things (i.e. "I don't like any move they've made and they should have kept Tyreke") why shouldn't they be lumped together? If a group of several people just start parroting the same things (such as calling the general manager "gerbil" and using the same insults about IT such as "Napolean Complex") then it would seem they share something in common.

Im listening to the Bruski podcast that focuses on the Collison signing, some of the points these guys make are WAY off. Im trying to be understanding because theyre trying to fill up an hour worth of time with dialogue, but my goodness. These guys dont address defense at all. Its alot like most casual, know-nothing fans; offense, offense, offense and advanced stats.

Im listening to the Bruski podcast that focuses on the Collison signing, some of the points these guys make are WAY off. Im trying to be understanding because theyre trying to fill up an hour worth of time with dialogue, but my goodness. These guys dont address defense at all. Its alot like most casual, know-nothing fans; offense, offense, offense and advanced stats.
That podcast was terrible! Every time you have Bruski talking about IT and/or Sanders you know that you are getting and uber fan who will have clouded judgement! I laughed and shook my head when he called IT the face of the franchise! Are you for ****ing real?!

The problem with hommies is that they have overinflated value of their favorite player and they spread that bullcrap. All of last season, IT was our best defender and it was the fault of the bigs for not stopping penetration or the reason that IT did. Ot average more assists is because Cousins pump faked too much before scoring! Seriously?!

Is IT better talent that Collison? Absolutely! Is IT $3 million a season better player than Collison? Probably? Is he an all-star level talent? No! Is he the right type of starting PG for this team? No!

Its not a rocket science but on one side you have IT fabs who think his crap doesn't stink and on the other you have a bunch that downplays everything he does well and talk it down and try to say that he is mo better than Nate Robison or some such! The truth is somewhere in the middle! A good, talented NBA guard that has flaws but is probably top 20 at his position!

Had my head in my hands, literally, listening to that podcast.

I'm sure these guys mean well but talk about fanboyism my lord.

Spoke as if DC was some scrub from the D league and IT was HOF.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
People here undervalue talent and focus on shortcomings of a player far too much and a shocked when the rest of the league value them higher. It happened last year with Tyreke and it happening now with IT.
Really? Because we haven't seen one offer for IT yet, so I don't think we know what "value" you might be referring to. He may not get any offer higher than MLE. We just don't know yet what his value is to other teams. Seems like other teams are largely moving on to other PG right now (possibly because IT is restricted?) but with no offer on the table I don't think you can make this statement yet.

Really? Because we haven't seen one offer for IT yet, so I don't think we know what "value" you might be referring to. He may not get any offer higher than MLE. We just don't know yet what his value is to other teams. Seems like other teams are largely moving on to other PG right now (possibly because IT is restricted?) but with no offer on the table I don't think you can make this statement yet.
Yeah, I'm starting to feel pretty good about our chances of retaining IT at a relatively cheap price. If the 8 mil a year offer was true, he probably would've taken it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.